Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Questionable good news:Diet sodas make you thin!  (Read 9967 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Questionable good news:Diet sodas make you thin!
« on: May 27, 2014, 04:19:50 pm »

CBS reports that the study was conducted by researchers at the University of Colorado Anschutz Health and Wellness Center in Aurora, Colorado. Participants were divided into groups, each of which were given different directives on what they must eat or drink over the course of 12 weeks. And — SURPRISE! — the group that was told to drink diet soda or other artificially sweetened soft drinks lost hella weight.

One half of the group was asked to drink at least 24 ounces of diet drinks per day, along with as much water as they wanted. People in the water group could drink 24 ounces of water each day but no soda; they were permitted to consume food products containing sugar substitutes, such as yogurt, gum, candy and ice cream, but could not add artificial sweeteners like Splenda or Equal to their coffee or tea.

So one group was told that they must drink 24 ounces of diet drinks and as much water as they wanted, whereas the other was told they were allowed to drink 24 ounces of water per day if they wanted. One group was basically filling the fuck up on beverages, and the other was allowed to eat pretty much the way they eat every day without first filling their stomachs with liquids.

The researchers also found people in the diet soda group reported feeling less hungry and showed improvements in serum levels of total cholesterol and low-density lipoproteins, or "bad" cholesterol. They also had a significant reduction in serum triglycerides. Both groups saw a reduction in waist circumference and blood pressure.

eek, how can you eat more when your tummy was already filled of
24 ounces of diet soda ^

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:21:59 pm by FerminaDaza »

bacolodpga

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: Questionable good news:Diet sodas make you thin!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 06:47:52 pm »
THIS IS JUST MARKETING STRATEGY. THIS STUDY WAS FUNDED BY THE DIET SODA ITSELF. HOW CAN IT MAKES YOU THINNER WHEN IT DOES CONTAIN CALORIES, WHILST WATER DOESN'T?

gr4ntur1smo

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 24
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 11:23:19 pm »
 ::laffman water is still the undefeated champ for this..  ::laffman kahit diet or zero or max pa yan.. still carbonated and have sugar on it..

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
CrazyRussianHacker show how much crap in 1bottle of cola
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 05:24:32 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZp29Qeu8_U&sns=em[/youtube]

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 05:49:32 am »
This isn't entirely true also. You can test it out yourself if you want. Parang yung youtube video dati na nilagyan nang soda yung karne tapos may mga bulate.

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 06:05:03 am »
Technically, it's less than 1 calorie for every 200ml ng diet soda. Of course, if you're drinking a lot, the calories will eventually add up, but it's still very low.

Yes, it's probably a marketing strategy, but it doesn't mean it's all bull. It all depends on your diet before you switch to diet cola.

Kung masaya ka nang umiinom ng tubig lang before, then switching to diet cola will maybe give you another 1-2 calories each day. But for most ordinary people, malaking kabawasan sa calorie intake yung pag-switch to diet drinks.