Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Multirole Fighter-Jets for the Philippine Air Force will now be purchased  (Read 8329 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..

Multirole Fighter-Jets for the Philippine Air Force will now be purchased at Phase 2 2nd Armed Forces of the Philippines Modernization Program : 2015-2021. When funds are made available, the Department of National Defense will be provide the bidding papers for the 20-30+ Multirole Fighter-Jets for the Philippine Air Force.

"tuloy na tuloy na pala talaga ito mga ka espiya! I just hope SAAB-Gripen ang mananalo sa bidding."  bnana

puretuts

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 44
my brother is in this project..... nakikita ko mga brochure....... pero malamang mas mauna ang Super Tocano for coinops.... kasi na evaluate na.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
It should be that's battle tested we should go for a Panvian Tornado or Euro Typhoon its comparable to an F18 Super Hornet

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
AC-10 Warthog for Multi-roles it can do CAS ( Close Air Support )  toast:: battle tested na eto  >:( kaso retired na sa US Forces

kingkazz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
AC-10 Warthog for Multi-roles it can do CAS ( Close Air Support )  toast:: battle tested na eto  >:( kaso retired na sa US Forces

there is no such plane as a AC-10, you might be referring to the A-10, which the USAF is still using for CAS and anti-tank purposes. The US gov't nearly sold us some of their A-10s. But they saw its potential in the First Gulf War. And it is not an MRF

I agree with T.S., I think the SAAB JAS39 is the most suited MRF in the current financial situation of our country

wildgang_10

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 18
It should be that's battle tested we should go for a Panvian Tornado or Euro Typhoon its comparable to an F18 Super Hornet

I phase out na po ang PANAVIA TORNADO, pinalitan na sya ng EURO FIGHTER TYPHOON.

Maganda ang specs ng  TYPHOON kaya lang NAPAKA MAHAL!

Malayo pa tayo sa katutuhanan, hinde natin kakayanin pa bumili ng ganun ka mahal and yung maintenance you need to consider also.

ROYAL SAUDI AIR FORCE pa lang ang mayroon Typhoon outside Europe i think they ordered around 70 Planes its no wonder they can afford it and any equipment they want kasi mayaman ang country nila.

wildgang_10

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 18
there is no such plane as a AC-10, you might be referring to the A-10, which the USAF is still using for CAS and anti-tank purposes. The US gov't nearly sold us some of their A-10s. But they saw its potential in the First Gulf War. And it is not an MRF

I agree with T.S., I think the SAAB JAS39 is the most suited MRF in the current financial situation of our country

Its A-10 Warthhog po...

Operated by the US army for close support sa ground troops nila..

but its not for sale / export outside US.

In my opinion napaka gandang gamitin ng A-10 sa country natin robust construction, very tough it can carry massive ordinance!

sigurado mga NPA, Abu Sayyaf will get their hands full kung mayroon lang tayong ganito.

and second what makes  A-10 better compare to other planes its only a sub sonic fighter mabagal ang lipad at small ang turning radius  nya but very agile at low speed and yung loiter time nya sa air mas matagal since mabagal sya.

JAS 39 GRIPPEN so far ang suitable sa requirements natin, overall cost sa performance, electronics and maintenance maganda.

compare mo sya sa F-16 mas malaki ang payload ng Viper/Falcon, but we dont need that much payload, what we need is for air defense naman and not for interdiction.

pero sa manuever and agility lamang ang JAS39 sa F16.

since na NAVAL country tayo capable ang JAS 39 to carry anti ship missiles which is very important  for home defense natin!

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas

Its A-10 Warthhog po...

Operated by the US army for close support sa ground troops nila..

but its not for sale / export outside US.

In my opinion napaka gandang gamitin ng A-10 sa country natin robust construction, very tough it can carry massive ordinance!

sigurado mga NPA, Abu Sayyaf will get their hands full kung mayroon lang tayong ganito.

and second what makes  A-10 better compare to other planes its only a sub sonic fighter mabagal ang lipad at small ang turning radius  nya but very agile at low speed and yung loiter time nya sa air mas matagal since mabagal sya.

JAS 39 GRIPPEN so far ang suitable sa requirements natin, overall cost sa performance, electronics and maintenance maganda.

compare mo sya sa F-16 mas malaki ang payload ng Viper/Falcon, but we dont need that much payload, what we need is for air defense naman and not for interdiction.

pero sa manuever and agility lamang ang JAS39 sa F16.

since na NAVAL country tayo capable ang JAS 39 to carry anti ship missiles which is very important  for home defense natin!

thanks sa correction A-10 pala hindi AC-10 medyo antok na ako nung nag reply ako sa topic

but yeah i think it really fits our airmen , dahil wala namang jets ang MILF just like in Afghanistan war they only deal with ground troops

kingkazz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0

thanks sa correction A-10 pala hindi AC-10 medyo antok na ako nung nag reply ako sa topic

but yeah i think it really fits our airmen , dahil wala namang jets ang MILF just like in Afghanistan war they only deal with ground troops

I have no doubts that the A-10s will scare the shit out of the NPA rebels. But can it scare the shit out of potential foreign invaders? In an air-to-air warfare, the A-10s subsonic speed will make it vulnerable to its opponents. As far as I know, the planes the PAF wants to procure is an air superiority plane, which the A-10 is not. And the A-10 is really an overkill in counter insurgency operations i.e. NPA rebellion. A-10s were designed to cut tanks like Swiss cheese. As far as I know, PAF is procuring Super Tucanos for its COIN operations

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71

I phase out na po ang PANAVIA TORNADO, pinalitan na sya ng EURO FIGHTER TYPHOON.

Maganda ang specs ng  TYPHOON kaya lang NAPAKA MAHAL!

Malayo pa tayo sa katutuhanan, hinde natin kakayanin pa bumili ng ganun ka mahal and yung maintenance you need to consider also.

ROYAL SAUDI AIR FORCE pa lang ang mayroon Typhoon outside Europe i think they ordered around 70 Planes its no wonder they can afford it and any equipment they want kasi mayaman ang country nila.

The Philippines can probably buy 4 at a time of a Euro Typhoon we just buy 12 more FA50 for backup MRF a goo number porbably 18 Typhoon and 30 FA50 with an additional of 18 FA50 as permanent trainers.

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
The Philippines can probably buy 4 at a time of a Euro Typhoon we just buy 12 more FA50 for backup MRF a goo number porbably 18 Typhoon and 30 FA50 with an additional of 18 FA50 as permanent trainers.

Do you know how much it cost to buy and operate the EuroFighter?

Just to give you an idea, the Saudis agreed to pay £4.5bn for 72 EuroFighter back in 2007. That's £62.5M, (around $104.66M in todays exchance rates) for each aircraft. And that was in 2007, now some estimates for a Eurofigther Tranche 3A costs upward of $150M per plane.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26254561

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/11/mod_planning_round_analysis?page=2

http://www.fast-air.co.uk/typhoon-block-tranche-summary/

How about operational cost? The estimate is about $18,000 per flight-hour.

http://www.stratpost.com/gripen-operational-cost-lowest-of-all-western-fighters-janes

So, good luck on us being able to afford Typhoons.. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:07:56 am by tigerwing »

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
Do you know how much it cost to buy and operate the EuroFighter?

Just to give you an idea, the Saudis agreed to pay £4.5bn for 72 EuroFighter back in 2007. That's £62.5M, (around $104.66M in todays exchance rates) for each aircraft. And that was in 2007, now some estimates for a Eurofigther Tranche 3A costs upward of $150M per plane.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26254561

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/11/mod_planning_round_analysis?page=2

http://www.fast-air.co.uk/typhoon-block-tranche-summary/

How about operational cost? The estimate is about $18,000 per flight-hour.

http://www.stratpost.com/gripen-operational-cost-lowest-of-all-western-fighters-janes

So, good luck on us being able to afford Typhoons..
The Typhoon will not be as expensive in operational cost since the PAF mission is to defend its not going anywhere overseas to attack so operational cost is limited to intercept any intruders in Philippine airspace the bulk of patrolling the skies will be on the FA50. Most of displayed weapons currently used on Gripen fighters never were tested and integrated, neither on Gripen Demo which is very far from the Gripen NG.

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
The Typhoon will not be as expensive in operational cost since the PAF mission is to defend its not going anywhere overseas to attack so operational cost is limited to intercept any intruders in Philippine airspace the bulk of patrolling the skies will be on the FA50. Most of displayed weapons currently used on Gripen fighters never were tested and integrated, neither on Gripen Demo which is very far from the Gripen NG.

I dont think you get the point.. fact is, one eurofighter cost 100++ million dollars and it cost an estimated 18,000 dollars per hour to fly.. doesnt matter what mission you give it, if you fly it it will consume fuel and its parts will need maintainance.

The typhoon is great and all but just to damn expensive. There's a reason why the PAF is looking at light single engine mrf's such as the grippen and f-16, either one will most likely be our fighter for the forseeable future.. We all want the best for our airforce but lets keep it reallistic..

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
mas mahal ba F16 ng lockheed? or mas mahal yung F18 hornet ng Boeing?

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
mas mahal ang f-18. And if you look at the link i posted. Its flight-hour cost is even higher than the eurofighter.

The gripen and f-16 are actualy "entry level" MRFs.

freeyourmind

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 88
what would be the deciding factors for the gripen and f16?

asanti

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
  • WHO DARES WINS
   One factor is the commonality of parts and pilots/maintenance familiarization, this factor will have the F-16 at an advantage since the KA-F50 mainframe is derive from it ... it looks like the americans have a hand also in paf choosing the fighting eagle so we can upgrade to U.S.A. planes later
     The pilots training and flying F-50 will now be capable to fly F-16, F-15, F-18 and can be train in us air force top gun school maybe the americans can give us f-16 under soft term conditions like they do on other allies so we can guard their interest in this region (we always complain before why they gave egypt, esrael and other allies but not us , the answer is we do not have the capability to operate this grants)..... the americans like to think in years

GOD GIVE US TWO EARS, TWO EYES, and ONE MOUTH so that we may look and listen twice but talk only once

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
what would be the deciding factors for the gripen and f16?

It would depend on which, lockheed or saab, can give us the sweetest deal.. But, IMHO, we will probably end up with f-16s.

Combat capabilities of the gripen and latest gen f-16 are almost equal. However there are alot more f-16s flying than gripens. Almost all of our allies use f-16s, meaning parts and support for the aircraft are easier to source.. if we go gripen, the only asian country currently using them is Thailand. Add to that, platform comonality as mentioned by asanti. It would be easier to integrate with our allies if we use a system that is the same as theirs. Not to mention that the Philippines is a US client state and the f-16 is a US made fighter.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
Well there's the Panavia Tornado with its upgrade it will be good until 2035 when the 4.5 generation technology will be obsolete.By then they can get a Typhoon at a much cheaper price discount.

thunderjet33

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
I think the Republic will get the F-16's. It's a good plane. The question is what are we are going to choose, the clean version or the hopped up versions the Emirati's are now using..  ;)

freeyourmind

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 88
if the economy gets good ya know, whatdya think? purchasing power. i think there are other factors..how would countries make the deals cheap?

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Pinoyspy is the reason why i surf the net!

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461

asanti

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
  • WHO DARES WINS
it was an april fool's day joke ... this said link was posted april 01 ..... he he  dream time but we have to wake up now and make do with the viper maybe .... baby steps muna ang air force ....

if another oil well will flow in cebu hopefully and then we can buy those dream machines

GOD GIVE US TWO EARS, TWO EYES, and ONE MOUTH so that we may look and listen twice but talk only once

freeyourmind

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 88
benham rise is tenga..thats why we need the u.s. as a proctetor maybe they could coop with the oil there.