Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: a computer that writes sexist jokes  (Read 1299 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
a computer that writes sexist jokes
« on: August 08, 2013, 01:25:02 am »

Scientists at the University of Edinburgh designed the first ever computer capable of producing jokes on command. Only problem: their PC wasn’t so PC. Following the lead of successful, male comedians, the software was programed to make a statement followed by an unexpected comment. The computer’s algorithm finds unlikely word pairings and makes a connection between them in the form of a one-liner. David Matthews (a computer scientist who helped develop the virtual joke maker, not the guy with the same name who fronts the band) said when they tested the jokes on volunteers — wonderful witticisms such as:

"I like my men like I like my court … superior"

" I like my women like I like my gas … natural"  ;D

"I like my men like I like my acorns ... buried"

"I like my boys like I like my sectors … bad"

"I like my men like I like my monoxide - odourless"

“Computers have an advantage over people in that they can process masses of information, so we fed computers a wealth of material from which they extracted creative and unusual word combinations to fit our joke template.The holy grail for machine-generated comedy would be to include cultural references, but these are very hard to capture,” said Matthews.

well...

i don't like my man to fart on my t*ts -ovariliy sensitive!toinksss

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
Re: a computer that writes sexist jokes
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 01:48:30 am »

"I like my boys like I like my sectors … bad"

A computer writing this joke is like a guy who says he loves to get cancer.. ;D