Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: 6 common myth about men exposed  (Read 1761 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
6 common myth about men exposed
« on: October 12, 2012, 05:03:59 pm »
Understanding what men want can feel a little bit like looking into a black box. So, market researchers Christopher Brya and Miguel Almaraz (authors of WTF Men Are Thinking) went out looking for the facts about what men really think to dispel any lingering myths. They surveyed 250,000 men on their thoughts on everything from communication to sex, dating, romance, and marriage. Since the Vixely woman typically doesn’t waste (too much of) her time trying to decipher men’s behavior (um, you have a life), we thought these survey results were useful to set the record straight. Here’s what we learned:

Myth #1: Men don’t listen.

Fact: 90 percent of guys said they really do make an effort to listen to their significant other when they’re in a committed relationship. Brya and Almaraz’s advice is to keep it simple when talking to men, and to make your points clear and concise (this communication tip works well in just about every scenario in fact!).

Myth #2:  Men want to be in control.

Fact:
82 percent of the guys said that they like it when women ask them out, and over 60 percent said they want the woman to be the aggressor in the bedroom. Good to know!

Myth #3: Men always want sex.

Fact:
Nearly 40 percent of guys said that, when they’re busy at work or concerned about family matters, they’re just not in the mood. This is good to know if you’re feeling less romantic interest from your partner so you don’t feel slighted and can help him get through whatever he’s got going on outside your personal lives.

Myth #4: Men aren’t inherently monogamous.

Fact:
Actually, 81 percent of men said they would never cheat on their partner—even if they could get away with it. weh (The survey apparently didn’t ask whether these men actually have ever cheated on their partner, but hearing they want to do the right thing is good as well.)

Myth #5: Men don’t like foreplay.

Fact:
84 percent of the men polled said that foreplay is just as important as sex. Many said that that foreplay makes sex more pleasurable and intense for them or that getting their significant other in the mood was just as hot. Also, over 90 percent of men said they also like to cuddle afterward. Who doesn’t love a cudddler?!

Myth #6: Men need to earn more than their partner.

Fact:
88 percent of the guys polled said they’re fine with having their significant other be the breadwinner. According to one guy surveyed, “What backwards idiot would say no to this question?”  ;D

http://vixely.com/2012/10/07/vix-six-6-common-myths-vs-facts-about-men/

I won't say more, but am shocked by their findings  :D Like did you know that men pee standing up — and that's the only difference between men and women. That's a true fact.  :P

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
Re: 6 common myth about men exposed
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:19:37 pm »
"myths" ?  ;D
I may agree if we're talking "as a man" but "as an individual" ... ibang usapan na rin 'yan.
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: 6 common myth about men exposed
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 01:50:53 am »
Understanding what men want can feel a little bit like looking into a black box. So, market researchers Christopher Brya and Miguel Almaraz (authors of WTF Men Are Thinking) went out looking for the facts about what men really think to dispel any lingering myths. They surveyed 250,000 men on their thoughts on everything from communication to sex, dating, romance, and marriage. Since the Vixely woman typically doesn’t waste (too much of) her time trying to decipher men’s behavior (um, you have a life), we thought these survey results were useful to set the record straight. Here’s what we learned:

Myth #1: Men don’t listen.

Fact: 90 percent of guys said they really do make an effort to listen to their significant other when they’re in a committed relationship. Brya and Almaraz’s advice is to keep it simple when talking to men, and to make your points clear and concise (this communication tip works well in just about every scenario in fact!).

Myth #2:  Men want to be in control.

Fact:
82 percent of the guys said that they like it when women ask them out, and over 60 percent said they want the woman to be the aggressor in the bedroom. Good to know!

Myth #3: Men always want sex.

Fact:
Nearly 40 percent of guys said that, when they’re busy at work or concerned about family matters, they’re just not in the mood. This is good to know if you’re feeling less romantic interest from your partner so you don’t feel slighted and can help him get through whatever he’s got going on outside your personal lives.

Myth #4: Men aren’t inherently monogamous.

Fact:
Actually, 81 percent of men said they would never cheat on their partner—even if they could get away with it. weh (The survey apparently didn’t ask whether these men actually have ever cheated on their partner, but hearing they want to do the right thing is good as well.)

Myth #5: Men don’t like foreplay.

Fact:
84 percent of the men polled said that foreplay is just as important as sex. Many said that that foreplay makes sex more pleasurable and intense for them or that getting their significant other in the mood was just as hot. Also, over 90 percent of men said they also like to cuddle afterward. Who doesn’t love a cudddler?!

Myth #6: Men need to earn more than their partner.

Fact:
88 percent of the guys polled said they’re fine with having their significant other be the breadwinner. According to one guy surveyed, “What backwards idiot would say no to this question?”  ;D

http://vixely.com/2012/10/07/vix-six-6-common-myths-vs-facts-about-men/

I won't say more, but am shocked by their findings  :D Like did you know that men pee standing up — and that's the only difference between men and women. That's a true fact.  :P

My comments in the same numerical order (with malice towards none):

1) Oh, we listen. It's just that we ignore certain things and react to other things.

2) Not all the time. For instance, I can't drive (physiological reasons) so I'd rather let someone else--male or female--drive.

3) I don't want sex all the time. I'd also like to sleep and eat.  ;D

4) Some men actually stay faithful for a long time even if they're in a relationship with the Devil's Own Concubine::)  laffman::

5) Are you kidding? Anyone who doesn't like foreplay should just masturbate.  ???  :(

6) Not if my partner is amenable to freely sharing her wealth with me.  :D  :applause  toast::
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.