Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Unconditional Love  (Read 2731 times)

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "do unto others what u want others do unto you."
Unconditional Love
« on: July 04, 2006, 12:31:50 am »
Unconditional Love

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having in Vietnam.  He called his parents from San Francisco.

Mom and Dad, I?m coming home, but I?ve a favor to ask.  I have a friend I?d like to bring home with me.
Sure, they replied, we?d love to meet him.  There?s something you should know the son continued.  He was hurt pretty badly in the fighting.  He stepped on the land mind and lost an arm and a leg.  He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us.

I?m sorry to hear that son, maybe we can help him find somewhere to live.
No mom and dad, I want him to live with us, son said the father, you don?t know what you?re asking.  Someone with such a handicap would be terrible burden on us.  We have our own lives to live, and we can?t let something like this interfere with our lives.  I think you should just come home and forget about this guy.  He?ll find a way to live on his own.

At that point, the son hung up the phone.  The parents heard nothing more from him.   A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco Police.

Their son had died after falling from a building they were told.  The police believed it was suicide.
The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the City morgue to identify the body of their son.  They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn?t know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us.  We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don?t like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable.

We would rather stay away from people who aren?t as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are.

Thankfully, there?s someone who won?t treat us that way.  Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are.

There?s a miracle called Friendship that dwells in the heart.  You don?t know how it happens or when it gets started but you know the special lift it always brings and you realize that Friendship is God?s most precious gift!

Friends are very rare jewel, indeed they make you smile and encourage you to succeed.  They lend an ear, they share a word or praise, and they always want to open their hearts to us.

take meh

Re: Unconditional Love
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 02:17:28 am »
Very INSPIRING story...thanks Pre....

Seek N Strike

• tribong tagasumbong
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
  • back to the primitive! wer everythin is simple!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 04:07:50 am »
ok nga ito sir, kso nman bkit kc friend pa ang sinabi nya sa parents nya, sa totoong buhay talgang gnun magi2ng reaksyon ng mga magulang, kung sinabi nyang sya un, baka nagmadali pang pmunta ung parents nya pra puntahan sya db?, well then thanx for this sir greenjoseph.

the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog!

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Pinoyspy is the reason why i surf the net!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 04:11:13 am »
very nice... :)

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 04:30:18 am »
ok nga ito sir, kso nman bkit kc friend pa ang sinabi nya sa parents nya, sa totoong buhay talgang gnun magi2ng reaksyon ng mga magulang, kung sinabi nyang sya un, baka nagmadali pang pmunta ung parents nya pra puntahan sya db?, well then thanx for this sir greenjoseph.

we've discussed this also with my friend here, sabi ko iba talaga ang magiging reaction ng parents if sinabi nya na siya yon, syempre anak nila yon they may not want it pero kailangan nilang tanggapin. 

Perhaps he just want to test his parents, gusto rin nyang malaman kung magiging welcome ba talaga siya sa bahay nila considering his situation, well its a tragic or sad ending, which kung naging mabait, considerate and broad minded din yon parents nya pweding hindi mangyari yon.  They could say sige isama mo siya dito and we will talk about it when you're here, di ba mas magandang response?

Seek N Strike

• tribong tagasumbong
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
  • back to the primitive! wer everythin is simple!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 04:52:30 am »

we've discussed this also with my friend here, sabi ko iba talaga ang magiging reaction ng parents if sinabi nya na siya yon, syempre anak nila yon they may not want it pero kailangan nilang tanggapin. 

Perhaps he just want to test his parents, gusto rin nyang malaman kung magiging welcome ba talaga siya sa bahay nila considering his situation, well its a tragic or sad ending, which kung naging mabait, considerate and broad minded din yon parents nya pweding hindi mangyari yon.  They could say sige isama mo siya dito and we will talk about it when you're here, di ba mas magandang response?

pwede din cguro, pro sa tingin ko tlgang welcome nman sya sa family, pro kung medyo na flip at natrauma sya sa gyera, kya nya naisip na itest ung parents nya.. hehe, maybe dpat nga masmagandang response un, pra natuwa ung anak, very tragic, wala nman akong masisi sa dalawa, (parents and son)

the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog!

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 07:36:39 am »
tama ka jan seek, di natin sila pwedeng i-blame, puro sila may pagkukulang...

fieldspaniel15

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 08:05:37 am »
inspiring story! tnx!

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 12:04:19 am »
you're welcome tricksterzone, bisita ka pa sa ibang post ko...

mongol482

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 05:37:28 am »
Thanks for the touching story bro.

Mali din niya, dapat hindi siya nag-commit ng suicide.

Marami pa siya puwede gawin sa mundo na makatuturan like this girl from Ethiopia.

--------------------------------------------------------
Ethiopian Girl With One Arm and One Leg Swims to Success

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnlyinAmerica/story?id=345556&page=1

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 12:19:27 am »
Thanks for the touching story bro.

Mali din niya, dapat hindi siya nag-commit ng suicide.

Marami pa siya puwede gawin sa mundo na makatuturan like this girl from Ethiopia.

--------------------------------------------------------
Ethiopian Girl With One Arm and One Leg Swims to Success

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnlyinAmerica/story?id=345556&page=1

i read the story, very inspiring, tnx!!!

sweetbayag2

• mahirap labanan ang katamaran, nakakatamad kasi
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
    • wag ka makolit, pumpyangen keta jan eh. . . .
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 12:54:13 pm »
touch me not!
ang pagbabalik http://pickourbricks.com
http://stores.ebay.com/pickourbricks
di nako bastos, negosyante na po ako

krista_cuevas

• SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • pinoy spy will surely rock your world!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 11:18:31 pm »
how sad naman.... :'(

Intellisense

• Beta Tester
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
  • Tester of 1's and 0's
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 01:50:59 am »
grrrrr.... your story still gives me goosebumps ket padalwa ko ng beses nbasa to binasa ko lng ulit and this time ngreply n ko ^^

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 01:30:06 am »
grrrrr.... your story still gives me goosebumps ket padalwa ko ng beses nbasa to binasa ko lng ulit and this time ngreply n ko ^^

dahil jan,  pokepoint::

tagishnge!

• off-duty retiree
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • absolutely!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 01:33:18 am »
pareng green nabuhay ka ha! musta na? welcome back..bihira ka na yta magpost...busy b?