Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Mayweather finally speak up after the Pac-Cotto fight...  (Read 7669 times)

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
Re: Mayweather finally speak up after the Pac-Cotto fight...
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2009, 03:58:33 am »
I'm just gonna put this out there: Debating who and what and why Manny Pacquiaos and Floyd Mayweathers have you/s are getting old and a step behind retarded. I suggest to everyone to hold their thoughts until one of the fighters made a significant move like signing for a fight.

JoeBlack, enlighten me, as I am curious. Why would debating the "who's," the "what's," and the "why's " be a step behind retarded where in fact these are the only factual basis that any fan can pull from to support their arguments? Certainly, never in the known history of sport did it happen that no one talked about a much anticipated match/game until its about to happen. It is actually absurd not to. Speculations will always arise and this brings color to any upcoming match. The Leonard-Hearns fight would not have been if it weren't for public outcry and speculation. And with those same "before inking" speculations came one of the most storied battles in the squared circle. To me to hold one's thought until one of the fighters signs is plain silly. It's like stopping yourself and a friend from conversing about who could've won between Rocky Marciano and Muhammad Ali. It will never happen. No paper will be inked on. But it doesn't mean that no one should speculate and talk about it anymore just because no significant move is made for the fight to happen, right? It is impossible to happen, yet it is still an enjoyable debate to be had.

Definitely one of the fighters will sign, there is no doubt about that. But the decision will not be entirely theirs as they are bound by contracts with their promoters. And sad to say, sometimes, promoters make the greatest undoings in what could be an epic fight as they are as much invested in these as the fighters themselves.

Though I understand where you are coming from, the speculation before definitiveness of a fight gives it the much needed hype to boost the fight further. If it weren't for these speculations, there won't be any fight to discuss to begin with. toast::
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

DjDaveTrance

• "A real man gives up one night stands, for a woman he can't stand one night without"
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • Pioneer/VIP/Staff/Moderator
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2009, 11:35:31 am »
JoeBlack, enlighten me, as I am curious. Why would debating the "who's," the "what's," and the "why's " be a step behind retarded where in fact these are the only factual basis that any fan can pull from to support their arguments? Certainly, never in the known history of sport did it happen that no one talked about a much anticipated match/game until its about to happen. It is actually absurd not to. Speculations will always arise and this brings color to any upcoming match. The Leonard-Hearns fight would not have been if it weren't for public outcry and speculation. And with those same "before inking" speculations came one of the most storied battles in the squared circle. To me to hold one's thought until one of the fighters signs is plain silly. It's like stopping yourself and a friend from conversing about who could've won between Rocky Marciano and Muhammad Ali. It will never happen. No paper will be inked on. But it doesn't mean that no one should speculate and talk about it anymore just because no significant move is made for the fight to happen, right? It is impossible to happen, yet it is still an enjoyable debate to be had.

Definitely one of the fighters will sign, there is no doubt about that. But the decision will not be entirely theirs as they are bound by contracts with their promoters. And sad to say, sometimes, promoters make the greatest undoings in what could be an epic fight as they are as much invested in these as the fighters themselves.

Though I understand where you are coming from, the speculation before definitiveness of a fight gives it the much needed hype to boost the fight further. If it weren't for these speculations, there won't be any fight to discuss to begin with. toast::

Amen to that,

In addition.....
Viewers,boxing fans plays important role in every big fight.

The possibilities of this fight depends on us (Boxing Fans)
Now, if this fight shouldn't be discussed/speculated/argued then this event will just be a dream.

chocho_qta

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2009, 11:20:30 am »
gayweather don't get no respect coz he don't deserve any respect.

if gayweather stops being an a**hole, learns to shut his mouth, stop being an a**hole, stop being a showoff, and oh, did i mention for him to stop being an a**hole?

then maybe, just maybe, that would be a good start.

people want to see gayweather get beat coz he's an a**hole.

pacman gets respect coz he shows respect to others. now i read an article that gayweather's camp are now making small moves to open a negotiation with arum. this should be interesting.

although, sad to say that i believe pacman may have some rough edges to his game that unfortunately gayweather has already sharpened. i hope pacman will have them sharpened if he faces gayweather in the ring next year.

i also remember sugare shane mosley's having some doubts that pacman may be on steroids coz he took strong blows from cotto & pacman just simply shook them off.

i mean there were some photos of cotto hitting pacman good but he just shook them off just like that. another interesting theory.

ooh boy, i can't wait for things to explode between pacman & gayweather next year.

hiddenfiles

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2009, 02:14:03 pm »
isa lng masasabi ko dyan

SIYA KAYA TANUNGING NG TAGALOG CGURO SASABIHIN NYA TALK TO MY PROMOTER OR TRANSLATOR.

isa lng meaning nyan kinakabahan cya.. ang pinoy kasi basta makasuntok.. sila pinag aaralan p ang suntok bago nakatama. sapul n ng 5 times.

JoeBlack

• Suspended
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2009, 02:58:32 pm »
Pacquiao was hurt by Cotto. He didn't take it as Mosley and Sr. said. Try to observe that when Pacquiao took the devastating uppercuts, he was bracing himself. Meaning, he was prepared to take shots. After snapping his head, he didn't go back and throw his combos. He walked away and gathered himself. On the other corner, Miguel Cotto didn't see, expect, anticipate both knockout punches.

I don't think Manny's response when asked about his future matches has something to do with him understanding the question.

You can argue PBF avoided a couple of fighters in his career but looking at his resume he did fight great fighters. In my opinion, PBF is still the most capable (of winning) boxer out there. If Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. do meet, it's Manny Pacquiao's fight to win and PBF to lose.

He promotes himself so give him a little space.
SUSPENDED 6 MONTHS

mayki

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • awts
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2009, 09:54:06 pm »
Sa tingin ko hindi talaga ganyan ang ugali niyan. Nagyayabang siya para makilala at mapag usapan.

Like Ali, mayabang din. Pero hindi naman totoong ganun ang ugali niya.

Kung hindi siya mayabang, sa tingin ko hindi niya naabot ang kasikatang natamo niya.

Duon niya dinadaan ang excitement ng fight at hindi sa ring.

aza

joggre

• ABB Detainee
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma -2
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2009, 11:30:26 pm »
dapat kasi nag oo nalng si manny. parang alanganin pa kc cya...

kng ako tatanungin parang ayaw ni pacman maki pag fight kai mayweather

chauncey_xyz

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2009, 03:02:29 am »
dapat kasi nag oo nalng si manny. parang alanganin pa kc cya...

kng ako tatanungin parang ayaw ni pacman maki pag fight kai mayweather

kung nanonood ka ng mga recent fights ni pacquiao, ganun parati niya sinasabi.. "i can fight anybody, im just a fighter its my promoter's job to choose my opponent.." at di pa siya natatalo since the morales fight.. he's the pound for pound king.. he's beaten boxing stars whose naturally bigger than him.. why would he be afraid to fight a gay chicken like mayweather?? :D

and for the record.. sa isang interview ni pacquiao ay sinabi niya na he wants to fight mayweather.. even bob arum and freddie roach wants the fight to happen..

how about the mayweather camp? sino na ang nagsabi na payag silang lumaban kay pacquiao? di ba wala?

Hirochi

• Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -3
  • -=Im Here to Share=-
    • Do Visit Spytamers Site
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2009, 07:18:57 am »
STFU. tama na salita mo. kuwento ka ng kuwento eh, laban na agad.  toast::