Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Congress questions DND plans to buy fighter jets..  (Read 2360 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
Congress questions DND plans to buy fighter jets..
« on: September 06, 2013, 07:40:39 am »

Marami talagang kontra lalo na yung mga politikong pansariling interes lamang ang iniisip..kakahiya kay senator Biazon ex military kapa naman sarili mong mga mista hindi mo sinusuportahan..

MANILA, Philippines – Congress threatens to derail the plans of the Department of National Defense (DND) to shift its focus from fighting insurgency to defending our territory in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea).

"To me, priority should be addressing internal security. If we only address the exernal security relative to the West Philippine Sea, whatever we do we will not be able to acquire the capability to match the threat there," Muntinlupa Rep Rodolfo Biazon said in a hearing on Monday, September 2.

Biazon, who chairs the House committee on national defense and security, said the Philippines should focus on the arbitration case over the territorial dispute lodged before the United Nations.

Biazon argued the DND should rethink its plan to buy fighter aircrafts. He said the priority should be the acquisition of helicopters that government can use in, among others, disaster response.

"I would suggest you frontload the acquistion of helicopters against fighters. Otherwise, baka mahirapan kayo sa budget na 'yan. Who will you fight, China? Maski ano gawin natin diyan," Biazon added. (You will have difficulty getting that budget approved.... There's nothing we can do about that.)

Manila is caught in a row with Beijing over the West Philippine Sea. The Philippines has sought the assistance of treaty ally US on maritime security. The Philippines and US are also negotiating a new agreement focused on miltary-to-military cooperation on maritime security and maritime domain awareness.

The government is posed to buy 12 fighter aircraft from South Korea for P18 billion. The defense department is waiting for Malacañang's approval of the government-to-government contract so it can proceed with the acquisition.

The Armed Forces is fighting internal security threats from the CPP-NPA-NDF (CNN), Abu Sayyaf Group, rogue Moro National Liberation Front elements, and the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighter (BIFF).

AFP chief Gen Emmanuel Bautista has set a deadline to end insurgeny by 2016 to allow the armed forces to focus on external threats.

READ: Finish insurgency, AFP chief tells commanders

Biazon's proposal prompted a debate in the committee. Vice Chairman Bukidnon Rep Jose Ma Zubiri III supported Biazon's argument that internal security should be the priority. But he proposed that the DND can cut the number of fighters it plans to acquire from, say, 12 to 8.

The DND plan was defended by Magdalo Rep Francisco Ashley Acedillo, formerly with the Air Force, who challenged Biazon's arguments.

"The choice for the number of fighter craft, which is 12, was not a number plucked out of the air.... I would really like to see the Air Force acquire such figher capability," Acedillo said.

Government should acquire fighter now, Acedillo argued. "It's an urgent need that has to be funded. It cannot be at the backburner," he added.

"You cannot acquire it at a moment's notice. At the time we need it, that's when government will release funds. We can't do it like that," he said. – Rappler.com

http://www.rappler.com/nation/37937-congress-questions-plans-to-buy-fighter-jets

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
Re: Congress questions DND plans to buy fighter jets..
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 09:10:52 am »
A Rafale fighter jet costing USD80M is only about PP3.2 Billion each - with all the armaments.  Just one modern fighter jet complete with missile systems can easily cause heavy damage to a flotilla of navy vessels.  In the Falklands, one Argentinian jet sank one big British battleship.  With his own presidential PDAF of PP1.4 Trillion, Senyor Simyon can easily allocate PP96 Billion to purchase three (3) squadrons of Rafale jets where some units can be configured as interceptors - and no questions asked since it is his own PDAF. Of what good is having no insurgents when there are tsaynis frigates and battleships already parked at Manila Bay?  Don't you know that if not for US subs blocking their every incursion in the last several weeks, Manila could have fallen in Chinese hands? Well, you can't blame Senyor Biazon as his battle experience is only limited to fighting insurgents - with no combat experience in foreign soil.  I guess he has not had the experience in being sent to Bosnia as some PNP personnel have been.

UrAnus

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 09:52:12 am »
ayaw ng congress gamitin ang pera sa pagbili ng planes kasi gusto nila nakawin.  Kita mo nga naman itong mga magnanakaw na mga baboy.  ::laffman
Do what you think is right today and do it right tomorrow.

freeyourmind

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 88
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 08:32:10 am »
attack helicopters ang kelangan..for the npa's

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 11:41:32 am »
For 1 year walang pork barrel.. isacrifice muna ibili lahat ng armas.. pero etong mga punyetang pulitiko gusto yata nakawin na lahat ng pera ng bansa..
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

batman217

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 09:20:38 am »
kailangan ng isang bansa ang medyo may kredibilidad at lakas na military.

tanginang mga politiko mga ito, gusto lang ibulsa ang pera ng taong bayan.
'What if I'm not the hero, what if I'm the bad guy'

dweizz

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 35
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 09:33:16 am »
agree ako kay biazon na internal muna pero hindi helicopters para sa disaster response... anything na makakalinis sa mga rebelde/terorista na sumalakay sa zamboanga muna ang unahin... sama na nila mga abu sayyaf... ilang dekada na yang mga yan andyan at buhay pa rin...

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 03:33:40 pm »
pumapapel nanaman ang mga yan

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 05:27:00 pm »
Ang mga matatanda talaga gusto ubusin ang pera ng pilipinas.. biazon is a shit
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

lingching

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 01:26:31 pm »
Tnangengot kasi yang si Biazon eh.  Palibhasa GOAT ng PMA class niya.  Concentrate on internal security my ass.  Natural pag may kakayanan tayo sa external security madali na lang ang internal kasi magagamit din naman ang mga bagong biniling military hardware for internal security.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 01:49:53 pm »
I'll give Rep. Rodolfo Biazon the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to denigrate him but he might know something that others don't. It's entirely possible that he spotted the devil in the details of these plans and--given the current climate surrounding large-scale government expenditures--intends to make sure that the Department of National Defense doesn't get a pig in a poke after paying for the aircraft they want.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.