Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: SONY CES 2014 Keynote and Playstation Now Game Streaming Service  (Read 3054 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
im really excited about Playstation Now, imagine playing all your old PS1/X, PS2 and PS3 games on PS4, PS3, PSV and even Bravia TVs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAZ7gksyF7Q[/youtube]

HOLY CRAP VINCE GILLIGAN!!!

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: SONY CES 2014 Keynote and Playstation Now Game Streaming Service
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 04:05:49 pm »
i heard that they have to limit the graphics just to do livestream on twitch

so as the other console  smoking::

so if your playing in highest settings your livestream graphics will be set on a medium settings

i dont know if its real then if not im happy for console players that they can enjoy the same things we do on PC not so long time a ago

if its real then good try  ::lmao even if they have the latest APU not enough to beat the PC gaming platform

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 06:33:33 pm »

so if your playing in highest settings your livestream graphics will be set on a medium settings

i dont know if its real then if not im happy for console players that they can enjoy the same things we do on PC not so long time a ago

if its real then good try  ::lmao even if they have the latest APU not enough to beat the PC gaming platform

are you talking about Playstation Now? or the Stream/Share to Others Functionality

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:48:22 pm »
are you talking about Playstation Now? or the Stream/Share to Others Functionality

yup the new line of consoles today , except Steam Machine which uses a GPU

the person who tells me might be wrong , so yeah if its not for ream i am happy for the console users that they can share the games to other players with out using a pc and buying extra stuffs just to live stream the games

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 08:19:58 pm »
yup the new line of consoles today , except Steam Machine which uses a GPU

the person who tells me might be wrong , so yeah if its not for ream i am happy for the console users that they can share the games to other players with out using a pc and buying extra stuffs just to live stream the games

PlayStation Now is not your game streaming for others to watch

PlayStation Now is the Game Streaming service from Gaikai Servers for gamers to play Classic Games from PS1/X and PS2 also PS3 games on PS4, PS3, PSVita and Bravia TVs

this means you can play your older games from your old Systems on the Newer systems and even Bravia Smart TVs

gets?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6F8vUaAkPU[/youtube]

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:55:12 pm »

I think you are talking about compressing the video feed, I doubt that the graphics of your PS4 will be set to medium as graphics from consoles are not really adjustable like a PC. It may look like it is on medium settings because of the video compression and even the PC platform suffers from this unless you have a capable rig, a not so demanding game cpu/gpu wise or you have another gadget/hardware to offload encoding/compression of your video feed.

Also anyone who claims that consoles have beaten the PC gaming platform graphics wise or its "bang for your buck" game deals is probably delusional. The closest that could compete with the PC Platform is maybe the Steam console but that is only a console by name, it practically is a PC with Steam OS loaded. Consoles might never beat the PC gaming platform by sheer specs/horsepower but consoles have their software exclusives to stay competitive, specially Sony since most of the times Microsoft Xbox games find their way to the PC platform.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 10:12:47 pm »
I think you are talking about compressing the video feed, I doubt that the graphics of your PS4 will be set to medium as graphics from consoles are not really adjustable like a PC. It may look like it is on medium settings because of the video compression and even the PC platform suffers from this unless you have a capable rig, a not so demanding game cpu/gpu wise or you have another gadget/hardware to offload encoding/compression of your video feed.

i think that's the one my friend was talking about , he said something about the live streaming of the PS4