Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: 🤩 THE BEATLES Apple Rooftop Concert 1969 | Original Full Video Footage 🤩🤩🤩  (Read 3428 times)

The Archangel

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4762
On 30 January 1969, the Beatles performed an unannounced concert from the rooftop of their Apple Corps headquarters at 3 Savile Row, within central London's office and fashion district.
Joined by keyboardist Billy Preston, the band played a 20-minute set before the Metropolitan Police asked them to reduce the volume.
It ultimately became the final public performance of their career.

Although the concert was conceived just days before, the Beatles were planning a return to live performances throughout the early sessions for their album Let It Be (1970).
They performed nine takes of five songs as crowds of onlookers, many of whom were on their lunch break, congregated in the streets and on the roofs of local buildings.
The concert ended with the conclusion of "Get Back", with John Lennon joking, "I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we've passed the audition."

Footage from the performance was used in the 1970 documentary film Let It Be.
The first performance of "I've Got a Feeling" and single takes of "One After 909" and "Dig a Pony" were also featured on the accompanying album.

The rooftop concert consisted of nine takes of five Beatles songs: three takes of "Get Back"; two takes each of "Don't Let Me Down" and "I've Got a Feeling"; and one take each of "One After 909" and "Dig a Pony". The set was performed in the following order: 

THE BEATLES Apple Rooftop Concert 1969 | Original Full Video Footage
Download File through Mediafire:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gipl40grm7b09nj/THE_BEATLES_Apple_Rooftop_Concert_1969_Original_Full_Video_Footage.mp4/file 

« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 12:45:03 pm by The Archangel »