Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Robin Williams Died at 63  (Read 9691 times)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Robin Williams Died at 63
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:05:05 pm »
Beloved actor Robin Williams died at the age of 63 on Monday, authorities and his wife have confirmed.

Police were the first to announce the death of Williams, who was discovered “unconscious and not breathing inside his residence” in Tiburon, California. A police report was the original source of the announcement.

“The Sheriff’s Office Coroner Divison suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia,” the report stated.

Williams wife Susan Schneider issued a statement shortly after police released theirs. “This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human begins. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin’s family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, our it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

Said his publicist in a separate statement today, “He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss.”

An investigation into his death is now underway.

In July the actor had checked himself into rehab after troubles with alcohol. A statement from his rep to TMZ at the time said, “After working back-to-back projects, Robin is simply taking the opportunity to fine-tune and focus on his continued commitment, of which he remains extremely proud.”

Williams is best known for roles in Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Jumanji.

More recently, the actor starred on CBS’ The Crazy Ones.

source

Goodbye Mrs. Doubtfire  ::flowers

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
Re: Robin Williams Died at 63
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 08:41:31 pm »
yeah just heard this in the radio (around 730AM) when the DJs talked about it. only got the details now when I got in the office and checked online news

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63-in-suspected-suicide-officials-say/

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 08:52:50 pm »
me too narinig ko lang sa radio this morning coz' he's from Tiburon which is in the North of San Francisco

so local radio here in the Bay Area was on it this morning

:( kinda sad to hear news like this , specially this person gives laughter to people

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 10:23:00 pm »
Cheers to him then! Wherever he is
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)

raginghormones

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 89
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:43:23 pm »
RIP Patch Adams..:(

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 10:47:59 pm »
This is probably not the most appropriate quote at present by which to remember Robin Williams but it always did make me laugh:

"Death is nature's way of saying, 'Your table is ready.'"

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

Zbuffer101

• Who Am I
  • Regional: Ilocano/Ilocos
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 25
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 11:25:11 pm »
We will miss you genie

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 02:56:29 am »
absolutely heartbreaking  ::flowers ::flowers ::flowers

Williams made trips to Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan for the USO dating back to 2002. In a heartfelt Facebook message this evening, the USO offered their condolences saying, “…one of the great comedic actors of his generation, Williams traveled around the world to lift the spirits of our troops and their families. He will always be a part of our USO family and will be sorely missed.” via

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD9QAAEfQEA&sns=em[/youtube]

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:58:32 am by FerminaDaza »

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 07:05:44 pm »
on the other side . . .

Zelda Williams Deletes her social media accounts because of trolls

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — While millions have taken to social media to express their sadness and love for Robin Williams, the actor and comedian’s daughter isn’t listening anymore.
Zelda Williams says she has deleted her Twitter account and decided to stop using Instagram after having to deal with Internet trolls on top of her grief at the death of her dad.
“I’m sorry. I should’ve risen above,” the 25-year old daughter said in one of her final tweets. “Deleting this from my devices for a good long time, maybe forever. Time will tell. Goodbye.”
She also posted on Instagram a goodbye message to her followers.

“I will be leaving this account for a bit while I heal and decide if I’ll be deleting it or not,” the post reads. “In this difficult time, please try to be respectful of the accounts of myself, my family and my friends. Mining our accounts for photos of dad, or judging me on the number of them is cruel and unnecessary. There are a couple throughout, but the real private moments I shared with him were precious, quiet, and believe it or not, not full of photos or ‘selfies’. I shared him with a world where everyone was taking their photo with him, but I was lucky enough to spend time with him without cameras too. That was more than enough, and I’m grateful for what little time I had. My favorite photos of family are framed in my house, not posted on social media, and they ‘ll remain there. They would’ve wound up on the news or blogs then, and they certainly would now. That’s not what I want for our memories together. Thank you for your respect and understanding in this difficult time. Goodbye. Xo”

In the hours and days after Williams died, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Vine, and other social networks were filled with sometimes poignant, sometimes mean memes, graphics, and comments about Robin Williams’ apparent suicide.

(Copyright 2014, KRON 4, All rights reserved.)

smoking:: ooohh internet trolls

neckromancer

• Senator Sayote
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
  • Dungeon Master
    • Ang Aking Munting Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 10:22:15 am »
Many, if not most, comedians are depressed inside.

curiousguy

• Console Gamers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 09:11:09 pm »
RIP Robin Williams you will surely be missed..