Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Money Matters for LBJ  (Read 10896 times)

mocker

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 16
Money Matters for LBJ
« on: June 28, 2014, 12:22:42 pm »
laffman::::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower b*; bnana gun:: evil::

mocker

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 16
Re: Money Matters for LBJ
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 12:59:01 pm »
Full Content please read.

LeBron James has decided he will take his talents to the west coast and join Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles. According to an unnamed source, the 29-year-old back-to-back world champion will opt out of his contract with the Miami Heat and join the Lakers.

Money is said to be the motivation for LeBron leaving. Though James was set to make $20,590,000 for the upcoming season, he believed that was still under the amount he is worth. James did not wish to play at a discounted rate while not having a roster capable of bringing home the Larry O’Brien trophy. “James isn’t interested in reducing his salary from $20.6 next season, and $22.1 million in 2015-16 just so that team owner Micky Arison can avoid paying luxury taxes,” the NY Daily News reported.

James is expected to sign with the Lakers for a deal that would exceed or match the recent deal given to Kobe Bryant. Bryant is scheduled to make $23,500,000 in the 2014-15 season and $25,000,000 in the 2015-16 season.

Many speculated that James would join his best friend Chris Paul on the Clippers, but opted instead to join forces with Kobe Bryant. Early reports suggested that Bryant was considering retirement, but has now opted to treat his nagging knee injury in order to pursue his elusive 6th ring alongside LeBron James.

The Lakers are also making a push to land Carmelo Anthony, who would have to agree to play at a discounted rate, with the bulk of the money being used up on LeBron and Kobe.

It is unknown what Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade will do now that LeBron has decided to exit that team.
laffman::::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower b*; bnana gun:: evil::

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 01:27:47 pm »
Lakers will exceed the salary cap limit they spend money on Kobe's extension of contract plus they are looking for a new head coach

but Kobe wanted one particular coach , forgot his name but he is the current coach on Cavs

b0ler0

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 99
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 02:04:09 pm »
The News Nerd is a satirical site.  From its About Us page:

About The News Nerd

The stories posted on TheNewsNerd are for entertainment purposes only. The stories may mimic articles found in the headlines, but rest assured they are purely satirical.

Just look at their headlines:

Justin Bieber Changes Color To Black
Mayweather and Rapper T.I. Agree To September Fight
Ceelo Green Plans Radical Procedure To Expand Neck Length

I don't know which is funnier... their stories or that some readers actually believe them to be true.  :D

I can't fault the TS for sharing the story though.  Sometimes, we get too excited about a piece of news that we can't help but spread it as fast as we can.  Admittedly, the thought of Lebron going to the Lakers is indeed enlivening.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:06:46 pm by b0ler0 »

raginghormones

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 89
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 02:28:45 pm »
sus kala ko kung ano. tagal na nyan e. at galing sa satire site yan. basa muna maigi bago post sir ts  ;D

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 04:11:38 pm »
But how much is he really asking for or expecting from a prospective employer?
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

raginghormones

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 89
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 09:58:45 pm »
only he knows how much he can take for a pay cut. wade also opted out so i guess they are headed into restructuring their salaries, stay and add more important pieces to their aging and vulnerable roster.

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 10:20:00 pm »
The News Nerd is a satirical site.  From its About Us page:

Just look at their headlines:

Justin Bieber Changes Color To Black
Mayweather and Rapper T.I. Agree To September Fight
Ceelo Green Plans Radical Procedure To Expand Neck Length

I don't know which is funnier... their stories or that some readers actually believe them to be true.  :D

I can't fault the TS for sharing the story though.  Sometimes, we get too excited about a piece of news that we can't help but spread it as fast as we can.  Admittedly, the thought of Lebron going to the Lakers is indeed enlivening.

somebody beat me to it  ::laffman

This is why I'm always looking for legitimate sources  ::smoke

RoeNoz

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 166
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 10:29:48 pm »
 ::laffman Kala ko totoo. Although may rumors talaga na gusto ng Lakers na makipag meet kay LBJ saka plan nila na together with Carmelo, pero parang walang bases naman to na news. Kasi everyday naga read ako ng updates sa mga nag opt out ngayon.  Saka sa sinabi ni Rey Allen, gusto nya na makipag laro side by side with LBJ so lilipat na din sa Allen sa Lakers kung ganun. Hehe.

It seems na sa Heat pa din si LBJ mag laro, lalo na ngayon na na trade sa kanila si Napier. Sa update din nag opt-out na din ng contract si Wade + Bosh + Haslem. So ngayon nasa $55M na ang cap space ng Heat. Ang tanong nyan sino ang kukunin nila sa roster nila para lumakas. Kasi rumors pa din na kukunin nila si Lowry. O baka idagdag nila si Carmelo at Vince Carter.
Kung big man din kukunin ng Heat, malabo na siguro kung e contract nila si Kevin Love. Marami pang mangyayari nito sa next days.