Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: PNoy signs Arroyo bill vs. drunk driving into law  (Read 2900 times)

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
PNoy signs Arroyo bill vs. drunk driving into law
« on: May 30, 2013, 05:52:45 am »
PNoy signs Arroyo bill vs. drunk driving into law

President Benigno Aquino III has signed into law a bill — principally authored by former President and now Pampanga Rep. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo — against drivers who are under the influence of alcohol and dangerous drugs.

Republic Act (R.A.) 10586, signed by the president on May 27, gives law enforcement officials the authority to conduct sobriety and breath alcohol tests on drivers found to have "indications" of drunk driving, such as overspeeding, weaving, swerving and lane straddling.

The law was authored by Arroyo, whose administration has been repeatedly criticized by Aquino, and her son, Camarines Sur Rep. Dato Arroyo.

The new law also provides for mandatory testing on those involved in vehicular accidents to check if they were driving under the influence of alcohol or dangerous drugs.

R.A. 10586 penalizes persons found guilty of drunk or drugged driving with imprisonment of up to 12 years and a fine of up to P500,000, if the crime resulted in homicide.

If the act of drunk driving did not cause death or physical injuries, the penalty of three months imprisonment and a fine of P80,000 shall be imposed on the violator.

'Safety nets'

At a press briefing on Thursday, deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the government has enough "safety nets" to make sure that the new law will not be abused by corrupt policemen, colloquially called as "kotong" cops.

"Of course, you can always report any law enforcement officer that will abuse this particular new law. The grievance mechanisms are in place and we do encourage the reporting of law enforcement officers who may want to take advantage of this particular law," Valte said.

She added that R.A. 10586 also provides for trainings for officers from the Land Transportation Office (LTO) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) to make sure that it will be implemented properly.

The legislation likewise directs the LTO and the PNP to acquire sufficient breath analyzers and drug-testing kits using the Special Road Safety Fund for the implementation of the law. — RSJ/KBK, GMA News

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/310711/news/nation/pnoy-signs-arroyo-bill-vs-drunk-driving-into-law

Please delete / lock if posted

Gat J.P. Rizal

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
Re: PNoy signs Arroyo bill vs. drunk driving into law
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 06:30:46 am »
This bill will be vetoed by your highness Emperador San Miguel.

Matutuwa na naman mga buwaya sa daan.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:34:10 am by Gat J.P. Rizal »

*schizophrenic*

• Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 9
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 06:38:35 am »
mga bradier, maitanong ko lang, pwde ba tayo parahin ng tga LTO or police if halimbawa, they suspect as of drunk driving? pero wlaa namang indication? like , di kaya abusuhin to na randomly, papara nlng at i check kung lasing ka?

Gat J.P. Rizal

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 06:52:41 am »
mga bradier, maitanong ko lang, pwde ba tayo parahin ng tga LTO or police if halimbawa, they suspect as of drunk driving? pero wlaa namang indication? like , di kaya abusuhin to na randomly, papara nlng at i check kung lasing ka?

Lalabas nito they can stop anyone whether youre suspected or not lalo na pag naka checkpoint.  That's the reason the law itself states that the authorities has all the equipments needed in implementation of the law.  If ever at the time they stop you and they had no equipments I think they had the right to bring you to the nearest Police Station and do the test. (Dito maraming hocos pocus mangyayari)

Di po lahat nangangamoy ka ng alak ay puede ka ng hulihin kaya my breathalyzer to determine estimating blood alcohol content from a breath sample.   Dapat meron silang information campaign sila dito bago i-implement lalo na tungkol sa mga alcohol limits kung saan kukunin ang sample ma pa dugo, ihi or hininga mo.

Dito sa lugar na tinirhan ko ito yung limit.

The alcohol limit for drivers is 80 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood, 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath or 107 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine.

Sa passenger wala limit wag kalang maingay kung na checkpoint kayo, or sumasagot pag hindi ang tinatanong, at naka set belt ka palagi no problem kahit maligo kapa sa suka mo. lol
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:40:56 am by Gat J.P. Rizal »

buddha

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 5
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:23:15 am »
Kahit naman hindi uminom ng alak, parang lasing magmaneho ang mga Pilipino.

ServantGeneral (SG)

• GoldMember - GS1
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
  • Don't stop till you succeed!
  • Special Skills: testskills
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 08:13:29 am »
Law and intent: good

Law enforcement: corruption and abuse
I love Espiya.net. My grandma loves it too!

*schizophrenic*

• Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 9
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 09:31:08 am »
kaya nga eh, i mean, ibig sabihin ba nito, mag aabang sila malapit sa mga bars and clubs? most of the vehicles here are tinted at di makita ang nasa loob...ok lang kung may breath analyzer, neron naman moderation lng ang drinking...eh pag nangamoy ba, ibig sabihin lasing na?

junex29

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 11:16:15 am »
Mukhang kelangan na natin ng alternate route nito, tiyak may laging naka pwesto sa dilim nito...

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 12:14:06 pm »
 smoking:: breathalyzer nalang kulang pwede na sila manghuli ng lasingerong driver

dito sa California  smoking:: ganito kahigpit dito

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/actions_drink.htm

hanrey

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 02:37:11 pm »
ok sana to kung ma implement ng mabuti. sana hindi kurakot ang mga pulis.

Noleane Manook

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 03:35:43 pm »
mganda na nagkaroon na tau DUI law... marami kasing aksidente na nangyayari dahil lasing yung driver..tatlo sa batch mate ko namatay dahil ngdrive na lasing...

bottomline.. wag ka mgdrive nang nkainom...ndi nkakatakot na may manghuhuling pulis.. yung nkakatakot eh yung baka mamatay ka or makakapatay ka sa aksidente...

mikeong88

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 06:04:21 pm »
sa akin 2 kaibigan ko na ang namatay sa DUI pero sa motor  laffman::

pero dami na rin akong kakilala na naaksidente dahil sa DUI...

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 08:23:45 pm »
F that law...i was pulled over once in katipunan at a checkpoint, bottle of beer still on the car's cupholder....since i was 1 minute away from home, they just let it go. In california...running 90mph in the freeway with full sounds on, the patrols didn't even care. Point is, just don't act like one, put it all on yer tummy, then you'd be ok.
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)