Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Are we ALONE?  (Read 12868 times)

HEIDERN

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 11
  • BITAG X-TREME
Re: Are we ALONE?
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 09:53:10 pm »
ganito kaya hitsura nila?

pspyrock

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 05:05:02 am »
Even NASA Administrator "believes" in the possibility of alien life.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4UAGEN8vM[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4UAGEN8vM

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 05:18:46 am »
we may say that there are alien life is true. but we can't say that they have the same composition as us.
I mean, they have different biological structures compared to what we have here on Earth.

do you think discoveries such as these are near?
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

pspyrock

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 05:23:08 am »
Ang problema kasi yung evidence talaga na paniniwalaan ng lahat lalo na ng mga scientists.
Wala pa kasi talagang evidence na tanggap ng lahat or ng majority ng mga scientists/experts.

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 05:36:05 am »
Ang problema kasi yung evidence talaga na paniniwalaan ng lahat lalo na ng mga scientists.
Wala pa kasi talagang evidence na tanggap ng lahat or ng majority ng mga scientists/experts.
yun ang problema. no convincing evidence yet. sa technology na meron tayo ngayon, mahirap talaga.
pero pano naman yung mga so called 'proof' or 'evidence' na naririto na sa Earth?
maraming ayaw maniwala, dahil na rin sa kakulangan ng detail. or dahil sarado na ang isip ng ilan.

Ms. X

• Chocoholic
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 11
  • Don't make a woman cry. >:P
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 03:18:55 am »
Even NASA Administrator "believes" in the possibility of alien life.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4UAGEN8vM[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4UAGEN8vM

Pinanuod ko yan.. siguro nga sa lawak ba naman ng universe eh.. hindi kaya mas hi-tech sila? ???
It's Just A Matter of Common Sense.

maliksing_pagong

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 11:51:24 pm »
Pinanuod ko yan.. siguro nga sa lawak ba naman ng universe eh.. hindi kaya mas hi-tech sila? ???

it could be the other way around as well. remember that Europa, one of Jupiter's many moon is harboring liquid water with vistrocity that can possibly form microbial organisms.

maliksing_pagong

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 11:55:50 pm »
yun ang problema. no convincing evidence yet. sa technology na meron tayo ngayon, mahirap talaga.
pero pano naman yung mga so called 'proof' or 'evidence' na naririto na sa Earth?
maraming ayaw maniwala, dahil na rin sa kakulangan ng detail. or dahil sarado na ang isip ng ilan.

if a panspermia theory is true, then we are the aliens ourselves. or may have formed from an alien sedimentary derivatives.

maliksing_pagong

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 12:02:12 am »
by alien we mean living organism and life forms coming outside from a planetary habitat in question.

by the definition, the alien is ME and YOU, and everyone else. take note that millions of years ago, earth is a highly sterile place. chemical compounds necessary for life to evolve came from meteorites. yes, the strayed meteorite carry in itself nucleic acid essential for the building blocks of life like RNA and DNA, chemicals including amino acid glycine, carboxylic acid, and some precursors to sugar.

these elements should not have came form earth. our minerals' formation tend tend to be catalyzed by different biomolecule, thus they end up separated and less likely to form life.

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2011, 11:53:17 am »
loving this topic.

watch the videos from this thread Espiya > Area 51 > ancient aliens

the author of the book "Chariot of the Gods" states that there already proofs here on Earth. but not all people are open minded to accept the theory.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2011, 02:58:10 pm »
loving this topic.

watch the videos from this thread Espiya > Area 51 > ancient aliens

the author of the book "Chariot of the Gods" states that there already proofs here on Earth. but not all people are open minded to accept the theory.

Seigneur LuCiel, you might find this article interesting. The author offers an intelligent counter-argument to
Erich von Daniken's claims of ancient astronauts visiting Earth.

http://jcolavito.tripod.com/lostcivilizations/id26.html

Von Daniken and his fellow ancient astronaut theorists are an entertaining lot, I must admit, but they haven't quite convinced me of the truth of their claims.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 12:28:33 pm »
Seigneur LuCiel, you might find this article interesting. The author offers an intelligent counter-argument to
Erich von Daniken's claims of ancient astronauts visiting Earth.

http://jcolavito.tripod.com/lostcivilizations/id26.html

Von Daniken and his fellow ancient astronaut theorists are an entertaining lot, I must admit, but they haven't quite convinced me of the truth of their claims.

whoa! H.P. Lovecraft. i'm not a fan or something, but he's an interesting author. This is a good reading indeed.  toast::

andromeda2010

• Citizen
  • Karma 0
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011, 11:58:56 pm »
The best evidence of Extraterrestrials is that it has not tried to contact us.

raynier

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 05:10:51 pm »
diba ung f117 bago lumatad sa persian gulf war akala ng tao UFO.....

anyway kung magbabasa tayo, me mga possibilities na me mga microorganisms sa Mars at sa Titan (isa sa mga moon ng Saturn) na laging sina sudgest ng mga researchers.... microbial life out there is literally considered alien life forms....

most of us do not believe the theory of evolution, but we can't deny the facts evolution has showed us ,, so if presence of microorganism out there is real, then who knows what will happen billions to probably octillion years from now?

maliksing_pagong

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 05:19:29 am »
The best evidence of Extraterrestrials is that it has not tried to contact us.

why would they do. the thing about us, human beings, is that we are conceited enough to think that once we send out signals into the vastness of space, we expect ET to ping back their IP addresses and their location. absurd as it may seem, if they are way ahead our civilization in terms of intellectual advancement, it would be like an analogy between a colony of ants and a crowd of human beings. of course, ants had their method of communication that we don't intervene since we are of a different communication wavelength. much like ET and us. we are far too behind to perhaps some of the most advanced civilizations beyond exosolar planets, perhaps beyond our universe(or other multiverses). so let's not expect that they would intervene in our affairs.

maliksing_pagong

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 05:29:50 am »

anyway kung magbabasa tayo, me mga possibilities na me mga microorganisms sa Mars at sa Titan (isa sa mga moon ng Saturn) na laging sina sudgest ng mga researchers.... microbial life out there is literally considered alien life forms....

most of us do not believe the theory of evolution, but we can't deny the facts evolution has showed us ,, so if presence of microorganism out there is real, then who knows what will happen billions to probably octillion years from now?

yeah, however if there are microbial life forms in Titan, it would be a lot like our extremophiles(microorganism that thrived in the most harshest geologic condition). Titan has seas of hydrocarbon, dense atmosphere, and a liquid methane. such life forms would inhale hydrogen instead of oxygen, react it with acetylene instead of glucose, and exhale methane instead of carbon dioxide.

maliksing_pagong

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 05:32:35 am »

evolution is the most sound basis of our existence as complex DNA/RNA based life forms. hindi naman pwedeng bigla nalang tayong lumabas sa mga nabibiyak na kawayan. it has to be a long, complex process, from strometalites to phylum protozoa to what we are now.

phlamer

• We are one.
  • Gulong (Automotive and Motoring)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 5
  • Only the dead have seen the end of war.
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 05:40:56 am »
evolution is the most sound basis of our existence as complex DNA/RNA based life forms. hindi naman pwedeng bigla nalang tayong lumabas sa mga nabibiyak na kawayan. it has to be a long, complex process, from strometalites to phylum protozoa to what we are now.
So you believe in Darwin's theory, I bet?
A mighty flame followeth a tiny spark.
Dante Alighieri

When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Sherlock Holmes

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 05:41:54 am »
yeah, however if there are microbial life forms in Titan, it would be a lot like our extremophiles(microorganism that thrived in the most harshest geologic condition). Titan has seas of hydrocarbon, dense atmosphere, and a liquid methane. such life forms would inhale hydrogen instead of oxygen, react it with acetylene instead of glucose, and exhale methane instead of carbon dioxide.
to make it simple, they are another lifeforms. different from humans. and as you've said, with different way of communication which we, humans, won't understand.

thus the word 'alien'.

maliksing_pagong

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 06:12:14 am »
So you believe in Darwin's theory, I bet?

Darwin's Natural Selection Theory is one, but there could be other evolutionary path one organism took, either gemmule shed off(as explained in the concept of pangenesis) or genetic drift.

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 06:15:27 am »
Darwin's Natural Selection Theory is one, but there could be other evolutionary path one organism took, either gemmule shed off(as explained in the concept of pangenesis) or genetic drift.
waw. ang dami pala. ... evolution lang ang alam ko... >,<

phlamer

• We are one.
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 5
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 06:19:18 am »
Dude, where do you stumble your thoughts? This may come out as random but you might as well watch Fringe. It's one of my favorite tv shows. I mean, watch it.
Dante Alighieri

When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Sherlock Holmes

maliksing_pagong

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 06:26:49 am »
Dude, where do you stumble your thoughts? This may come out as random but you might as well watch Fringe. It's one of my favorite tv shows. I mean, watch it.

dude, i am an astrophysicist. this is what i do for a living. i do scientific research, dish out lectures to science communities and academic institutions. i regularly contribute NASA journals. no disrespect, but the thing about Fringe is that is it is not science. at least not yet. it is essentially just a suggestive approach towards scientific study beyond maintream scientific discipline.

phlamer

• We are one.
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 5
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2011, 06:38:15 am »
dude, i am an astrophysicist. this is what i do for a living. i do scientific research, dish out lectures to science communities and academic institutions. i regularly contribute NASA journals. no disrespect, but the thing about Fringe is that is it is not science. at least not yet. it is essentially just a suggestive approach towards scientific study beyond maintream scientific discipline.
You got me curious there. So what's your ethnicity? And where did you study? Sorry for my questions.

Anyway, yes I know that Fringe is merely a Science. But I was telling you about the show.
Dante Alighieri

Sherlock Holmes

maliksing_pagong

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2011, 06:51:59 am »
You got me curious there. So what's your ethnicity? And where did you study? Sorry for my questions.

Anyway, yes I know that Fringe is merely a Science. But I was telling you about the show.

i am a filipino, but i couldn't deny that sometimes i get racial oppression from my field of work. i studied at Kavli Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Beijing, China.