Espiya Lobby > Expats/OFW/Global Pinoy

First time travel abroad alone : need help

(1/3) > >>

Ginger:
Hi mga ka espiya. It's been a while since the last time I posted. Hope everyone is okay.

here is my case:

I just got my passport last 28th of July. I am planning to go to Bangkok and Phuket next week. Haven't bought a ticket yet. This will be my first time to travel outside the country and I will be alone. I don't have a current job and I'm not at school even. I get my funds from my mum helping her manage the farm in Leyte and because my 21st birthday is coming she asked me what I want to have on my day and I said I wanted to travel abroad. She gave me money and I was happy. What I worry about is the horror stories I heard from first time travellers that they were held and interrogated by immigration officers. They said they were asked ridiculous questions and some documents like passport, visa, company id, employment letter, school credentials, credit cards, bank certificate, hotel confirmation and itinerary.

Problem: I don't have a job and to be honest I am just a bum lol. Because of being her unica hija I am able to ask anything. (Sorry for being a brat)
I don't have a credit card since I don't have a job

I have money and I can pay for my expenses.

Question: what do you think is the best thing I can do to avoid being offloaded. Thanks

Type_One:
quite easy, make sure you have a roundtrip ticket. Slip it in your passport the moment you give it to immigration. Have all your hotel booking paperworks handy. Make sure you have tons of cash but not in excess of U$D10k. So basically any proof that you are only to stay there for a limited and planned period of time. Review your itinerary very carefully. The only thing they will ask you is how long are you saying and where. Do not show any signs of being tensed or what, they're job is to intimidate you. Keep every travel document on a separate pouch or belt bag. Keep the cash in different pockets and luggages.

Sometimes what i do is i always approach the officer quite cheerfully, but once i sense that questions are going beyond 3, my voice starts to be monotoned and my answers become shorter, just to intimidate them too. And as my girlfriend always says, be vigilant.

Ginger:

--- Quote from: Type_One on August 02, 2015, 01:11:55 am ---quite easy, make sure you have a roundtrip ticket. Slip it in your passport the moment you give it to immigration. Have all your hotel booking paperworks handy. Make sure you have tons of cash but not in excess of U$D10k. So basically any proof that you are only to stay there for a limited and planned period of time. Review your itinerary very carefully. The only thing they will ask you is how long are you saying and where. Do not show any signs of being tensed or what, they're job is to intimidate you. Keep every travel document on a separate pouch or belt bag. Keep the cash in different pockets and luggages.

Sometimes what i do is i always approach the officer quite cheerfully, but once i sense that questions are going beyond 3, my voice starts to be monotoned and my answers become shorter, just to intimidate them too. And as my girlfriend always says, be vigilant.

--- End quote ---

Yes I tried to keep that in mind. I have more than 3 friends who were recently offloaded without any reason or maybe there is but I am so paranoid about it. I don't want to waste money and effort. All i wanna do is to scuba dive in Phuket and kitesurfing. Well I hope I can make it. Thanks for the advice 😊

wildgang_10:
keep all your travel documents intact, make a duplicate copy also.

always bring enough money with you all the time preferably US dollar kung may credit card ka ok din yun pang emergency.

if ever na may mga tanung sayo ang immigration or security answer it right away and  keep it simple.

when you're tense nakikita ng mga officers iyun, dahil sa body movements mo

if you have nothing to hide bakit ka naman matatakot you came there in a legal way and may documets ka.

khaliwally:
TIPS

- wag kang tatanggap ng kahit ano from strangers (baka drugs ang laman)
   ex. pabantay naman nitong bagahe ko kasi mag c cr lang ako.
         paki sama naman sa i che check in mo itong bag ko kasi over na ako

- the immigration walk: answer all questions CALMLY and TRUTHFULLY

- carry enough money to justify your stay CASH and Credit Cards

- DRESS APPROPRIATELY : pag masyadong ma makeup mapagkakamalan kang FOR SALE (prosti) pag masyado namang gusgusin mapagkakamalan kang FOR HIRE (maid). Yung sakto lang SMART CASUAL.

- DESTINATION : list your iteneraries kung saan ka mamasyal at kung anong oras ang opening and closing not to waste your time. Be sure to back in the hotel pag mejo alanganing oras na lalo na if you are not familiar with the area. Research / Google Map / everything before setting off and be aware of the local culture as a plus. Emergency numbers just in case

- ENJOY!  ::laffman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version