Fitness and Health / Malusog na Espiya ==> Happy! > The Gym

Intermittent Fasting for Fat Loss and Lean Gains

(1/6) > >>

AndrewSturm:
Just want to share something I have been on for a several months now

Intermittent fasting or "IF" helped me lose significant pounds while maintaining muscle mass. It kept me lean and extremely vascular (veins popping out).

I stand 5'7, started from 180 lbs last December then dropped down to around 150 to 155 lbs around March. I plateaued at that weight for a very long while and didn't know what adjustments to make since everything was going smoothly. I was working out and doing endurance cardios then (I do significantly less cardio nowadays  ;D). I was eating 6 meals a day and a pretty clean low-med carb diet. I did strict Atkins and Ketosis diets (which I will say really worked for me, I lost like 5 lbs in 5 days so I went to 150lbs immediately) although I stopped it due to the non stop palpitations I get, thats how my body reacted in a ketogenic state probably.
Until I stumbled along a few articles from http://www.leangains.com/

The main principle is forcing your body into a fasted state. I personally do the 16 hrs fasted and 8 hrs feasting. So I eat during within an 8 hr window and do NOT eat within the 16 hrs. Of course my 6-8 hrs sleep is included in the fasting window.
I now am currently 135 lbs and happy with the results. Lean gains and all kinds of fat loss.
This idea might sound crazy and new to you, but I say try it and I guarantee you will thank me later.

Here's a more recent blog I stumbled upon which more likely simplifies what the "IF" lifestyle is.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/08/06/a-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting/

Turon:
I tried leangains last summer. I dropped 30 pounds which was on time for my cutting phase. It's actually true that your body would react differently at first.My stats went down for 10% on the first 2 weeks. But after 3 weeks,I was surprised that I was able to regain my stats and continuously adding at least 5% increments every week.Overall,from 170 lbs at 5'7, I went down to 145 lbs after a month.Currently,I'm slowly adding poundage again but  maintaining til 155 lbs but with solid ripped built.

I'm just not sure about the rule  in leangains about taking only amino acids before workout since I opt to just take whey instead.But your body will eventually adapt to lifting heavy weights while on empty stomach.And yes,as days go by you will regain and eventually improve your stats.

AndrewSturm:
Great feedback sir. I myself, actually thrive training fasted as some people would think or feel otherwise. I partly think this is just a mental aspect as people are already used to train with a certain amount of carbs before moving a muscle.

I have yet to try BCAAs prior to working out. I just try to maintain a constant supply of leucine and other AAs during my feeding window to further anabolism, but outside that, I only take water and sometimes the non caloric teas.

Turon:
For me it is really just a gut check since our body always wants us to stay in a comfortable state.with proper execution and technique along with your ego at the door,no one should really be worried.

Also,I personally think that this diet is perfect for endomorphs or in between meso and endo body types.Fasted training is my choice since it is perfect for people that go to work or school.Although I didn't follow the full concept of 15-16 hours of fasting time since it was impossible because of my job.You can only take water, coffee or tea without creamer and use a low cal sweeteners and any drink that has very minute cals is fine to take during your fasting period.Hirap naman yata kung pati tubig eh wala since wala namang cals ang water.

DjDaveTrance:
Hehehe! Hindi pwede ito sa nature nang work ko, hehehe baka ma collapse pa ako while taking in calls. Hehehe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version