Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: PS3 Games, Movies To Be Bundled On Same Disc  (Read 965 times)

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
PS3 Games, Movies To Be Bundled On Same Disc
« on: February 11, 2009, 11:46:03 pm »

Blu-Ray discs are big. Most games not developed by Hideo Kojima only take up a fraction of the disc space. So that space is going to waste! And can be better occupied with movies.

Sony's director of hardware marketing, John Koller, has said that later this year, the way certain PS3 titles - like, say, movie tie-ins - are marketed and presented is in for a change:

We are actively pushing, and the way that we see the future is that the movie and the game are placed on the same disc. There are a lot of developers who say, we have this game based on a movie, wouldn't it be great to marry these concepts? We will definitely see this stuff this year.

Sure, we've seen this once already, with Stranglehold, but this is obviously something Sony are looking at doing a lot more extensively. It's sure to cut down on packaging costs, but will that in turn increase the cost to consumers? Crucially, Koller didn't say.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

krassimir

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
Re: PS3 Games, Movies To Be Bundled On Same Disc
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 02:45:04 pm »
If I'm not mistaken kakosa Blue-ray discs can store upto 50gb ata or more? So far I think MGS4 palang nga yung ganun katagal at ganun kalaki when it comes to eating up disc space. I hope this pushes thru para sulit naman yung bayad sa mga games.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
MSI P45 Neo-2
Palit ATI Radeon 4870 1GB OC version DDR5
Samsung 24" 2493hm
Playstation3â„¢
PSP 2000 God of War
NDSL Deep Red / Black

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
Re: PS3 Games, Movies To Be Bundled On Same Disc
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 05:09:16 pm »
Sa MGS4, they had to compress it in order to make it fit in the disc. So with that said, it COULD have been better in terms of graphic quality, not that it needed it already, but still..

The sky's the limit for Hideo Kojima, as fans of his Metal Gear Solid series among others would know. Such expression is no understatement, since for the mastermind behind the most popular stealth action title and head of Kojima Productions, even the massive 50GB space the Blu-ray disc offers is not enough for his Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot on the Sony PlayStation 3.

In an interview, Kojima explained that his team had to compress many elements of Metal Gear Solid 4 to make it fit in the disc. While they managed to squeeze the game into Blu-ray, Kojima said the quality could have been better if there was more capacity to work with.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.