Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: PS3 safe to buy ?  (Read 5087 times)

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
PS3 safe to buy ?
« on: December 11, 2008, 09:10:31 am »
Is it still safe to buy PS3 while recession going on .I believe next year is the year where most of us will be affected.. Should i keep my money or is it ok to buy my self a Xmas gift for all hardwork for the year? It would cost around 23k for the ps3 80 gb plus around 30k for HDTV . Is it safe ? Is it worthy to spare PHP53k? i need your opinion guys.  Thanks

;D ;D ;D

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!
Re: PS3 safe to buy ?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:28:39 am »
if you can afford it why not? If its luho do NOT! if you reach deep into your pocket well don't bother.. it is not as important as you TV or fridge how many hours do you spend playing with your pS3? if you are going to buy it for its bragging rights nah...
but then if you have extra cash you really don't care if your 53k is gone well then whath the heck get it!!

"Just aslong don't spend the money you haven't earned yet!"
"The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence and desiring to lead a free national existence, do hereby proclaim their independence, and in order to establish a government that shall promote the general welfare, conserve and develop the patrimony of the Nation, and contribute to the c

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 09:42:05 am »
hmmmm i can spare it 53k but im afraid of the future crisis . but im not sure yet if it is the right decision to put my money in for entertain. to relax after a hard day at work  or to keep and play it safe. i dunno. Help out guys ! :)

;D ;D ;D

Bosleyawa

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 11:05:35 am »
Pag sure ka na d ka sa isa sa mga mawawalan ng trabaho next, go for it. Ako hanggang ngaun plano pa lng. May pambili ng PS3, prob eh ung HDTV hehehe.

Michael K***s

• Banned - Terms Violation
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 2
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 12:29:08 pm »
mahal naman ng PS3 sa pinas, pabile k n lng abroad, worth 399 dollars lang, o 499 ung 120 GB

ServantGeneral (SG)

• GoldMember - GS1
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
  • Don't stop till you succeed!
  • Special Skills: testskills
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 01:36:49 pm »
BestBuy (bestbuy.com) $399, 18 months to pay, No interest. Pabili ka dito, kung may kilala ka.

I love Espiya.net. My grandma loves it too!

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 01:44:33 pm »
BestBuy (bestbuy.com) $399, 18 months to pay, No interest. Pabili ka dito, kung may kilala ka.

add $50-60 for 2 yr extended warranty para pag nalaspag or masira in 2 yrs you can have it replaced with a new one

gh0st

• The Ghost Rider "Penance Stare"
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Johnny Blaze
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 03:08:05 pm »
I have this dilemma also... pero nag-give in ako sa PC muna since di naman ako heavy gamer... dati oo pero nung nagka-work na medyo naging casual na lang... It's up to you bro if you are a heavy gamer or would like to watch Bluray Movies then go for it... if not... look for other things that's worth it to buy...
PS3 Gamer

Games: MGS4/LBP/GOW3/GOW Collections/Dante's Inferno/Heavy Rain
PS2 Slim CB-7006 Charcoal Black
PSP Deep Red GOW Edition
PS3 40GB NTSC/J Piano Black
--------------------------------------
PSN: ryojan

boytoge

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 2
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 05:15:24 pm »
bili lang ng bili di mo naman madadala ung pera sa libingan hehehe, sabi ko nga sa missis ko nung bumili kami ng samsung series 6 na HDTV , bilhin na natin yan wawaldasin lang ng anak natin yan pag laki niya e hehehe  smoking::

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 06:04:03 pm »
GO ako guys given the crisis or NO ?

;D ;D ;D

doonpuno

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 09:35:08 pm »
nice to have pro as always requirement na maganda tv mo and u have the  money to spare for electrical bill and with the coming recession  uber not recomendable.Economic issues aside better than xbox 360 (bought an elite that went to console hell in about 3weeks time) and uber worth it pag gastosan.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 09:37:41 pm by doonpuno »

ferdz9999

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • Crimson Flame Alchemist
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 12:51:14 am »
GO ako guys given the crisis or NO ?

;D ;D ;D
Ask yourself - no really ask yourself. We can give advices but the decision all boils down to you. If you think you will be short of cash (o sakto lang) these coming months - well don't buy a PS3 "yet", pero kung spare money mo naman yan at talagang gusto mo ng PS3, bili na. But again, it's all up to your own judgment dude.

nice to have pro as always requirement na maganda tv mo and u have the  money to spare for electrical bill and with the coming recession  uber not recomendable.Economic issues aside better than xbox 360 (bought an elite that went to console hell in about 3weeks time) and uber worth it pag gastosan.

Ouch, I am planning (since last year pa) to buy an Xbox360, kaso nakakatakot talaga iyang 3RL from hell eh hehehe, well Jasper units are already out, might as well wait for feedbacks ng mga 3-4 months muna before I let go of my money for the 360. Gossips say Jasper powered Xbox360s are 3RL free. I WANT TO PLAY STAR OCEAN LAST HOPE!!!  ;D

doonpuno

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 10:13:28 pm »
nakadali sa Xbox360 dehins 3rl pero ung software nila ( everytime nag boot up nagstop dun sa Logo)
basta ingat ingat lng medyo sa Xbox 360 ,kng bibile ka man siguraduhin mo kumuha ka ng mahabang warranty kung possible (2yrs) . Anyway Basta stick paren ako sa PS3 kse todo reliable tpos free pa ang Online gaming and downloads

シビト

• Pugeh!!!
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 13
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 06:04:18 am »
Beware PS3 also has it's share of problems similar with the 360 3RL which is the BDL (bluray disc lens) failure.

If you're decided on buying a PS3 here's a little tip go to Hong Kong there are really cheap flights out (I checked PAL and they are offering P 2300) there they are selling PS3 for 15-18k only 40-80GIG and you can buy really cheap HDTV's there. This can be done in just one day because my co-worker used this method.

Question why buy 80 gig? You can just buy a 40 GIG and buy a 300+ GIG SATA HDD for 2-3k only.

ferdz9999

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 04:24:20 pm »
Beware PS3 also has it's share of problems similar with the 360 3RL which is the BDL (bluray disc lens) failure.
But take note though that the BDL failure rate is lower compared to the massive 3RL nightmare Xbox360 owners are encountering. There are always "lemon" units on electronic products but above 30% failure is unacceptable. I hope this gets fixed soon, my hands are itching to play the great games the Xbox360 offers.

Question why buy 80 gig? You can just buy a 40 GIG and buy a 300+ GIG SATA HDD for 2-3k only.
40GB PS3s do not have PS2 backwards compatibility. If I want to play PS2 games on my PS3 as well, I won't pick up the 40GB model.

シビト

• Pugeh!!!
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 13
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 07:20:44 pm »
40GB PS3s do not have PS2 backwards compatibility. If I want to play PS2 games on my PS3 as well, I won't pick up the 40GB model.

But the emotion chip that runs in the PS3 does have issues though... It really depends on the buyer if he wants the BC the 80 GB offers if he does not then buy the 40GIG and upgrade it to a higher capacity which is efficient than buying the 80GIG ( disregarding the useless MC slot and the BC).

ferdz9999

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 08:35:17 pm »
But the emotion chip that runs in the PS3 does have issues though... It really depends on the buyer if he wants the BC the 80 GB offers if he does not then buy the 40GIG and upgrade it to a higher capacity which is efficient than buying the 80GIG ( disregarding the useless MC slot and the BC).
Of course it's still the buyer's discretion, thus my previous post "If I want to play PS2 games.... And oh BTW, the 80GB model does not have an emotion chip installed. I have the 80GB model, played several PS2 titles in it, ok so far. I still prefer playing them (PS2 games) on my ever-reliable PS2 console though.

シビト

• Pugeh!!!
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 13
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 12:36:06 am »
I agree

Question from when did sony start producing units with double lenses?

krassimir

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 04:01:17 pm »
Dumb question palang po, para san po ba yung hard disk space ng PS3? para bang psp yan may iso yung games? or do I still have to buy several original blue-ray discs?

Pag PS3 ba dapat HDTV agad? Analogue lang TV ko e :(
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
MSI P45 Neo-2
Palit ATI Radeon 4870 1GB OC version DDR5
Samsung 24" 2493hm
Playstation3â„¢
PSP 2000 God of War
NDSL Deep Red / Black

シビト

• Pugeh!!!
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 13
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 05:15:30 pm »
HDD ay para sa mga save files, download games, movies and mp3's (kung gusto mo mag-lagay), saka kasi pag maglalaro ka ng PS3 game a part of it ay iniinstal sa system so in general ito ay storage. Yes kailangan mo talagang bumili ng original cd para makapag-laro.

No choice mo yun kung gusto mo ma maximize ung ps3 mo pwede siya sa SDTV ( normal tv) kaso may mga games na nasa region 2 so PAL ito hindi siya gagana sa TV na hindi multisystem or NTSC na tv lang.

ferdz9999

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 05:15:47 pm »
Dumb question palang po, para san po ba yung hard disk space ng PS3? para bang psp yan may iso yung games? or do I still have to buy several original blue-ray discs?

Pag PS3 ba dapat HDTV agad? Analogue lang TV ko e :(

Yung HDD ng PS3 ay ginagamit pang-store ng media files (music, video, pictures), game saves, game install files, PS3 software (other OS, Life With PlayStation, Home, etc) at pati games na downloaded at binili mula sa PlayStation Network. Kailangan mong bumili ng Blu-ray games o mag-download ng games sa PlayStation Network (na kailangan mo ring bilihin) para makapag-laro sa PS3. Ok lang SDTV, kaya lang may mga games na nagre-require na multi-system ang TV mo (karamihan region 2 titles) o capable mag-display ng at least 720p resolution para malaro. Suggestion ko kung SDTV pa lang ang monitor mo ay region 1 titles ang iyong bilhin, para safe.

Tsonks

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 04:29:52 am »
Buy an Xbox 360 instead.

Reasons:

1.) Cheaper

2.) You can have it modded to play games downloaded from BitTorrent (piratebay.org, torrentz.com, mininova, isohunt) or from your local pirated DVD shop.

3.) Most popular games in the PS3 can be played in XBOX (GTA 4, Mortal Kombat vs DC, many other)

4.) Xbox 360 is just better. Sources:
http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm
http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-one-year-later/

More info: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=gPU&q=xbox+360+ps3+better+OR+comparison&btnG=Search

5.) Halo 3

ferdz9999

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 11:17:42 pm »
Buy an Xbox 360 instead.

Reasons:

1.) Cheaper

2.) You can have it modded to play games downloaded from BitTorrent (piratebay.org, torrentz.com, mininova, isohunt) or from your local pirated DVD shop.

3.) Most popular games in the PS3 can be played in XBOX (GTA 4, Mortal Kombat vs DC, many other)

More info: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=gPU&q=xbox+360+ps3+better+OR+comparison&btnG=Search

5.) Halo 3
Reason ng karamihan
Though yeah, the Xbox 360 does have several strengths vs the PS3, it's up to the players' preference talaga.

ugat

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 106
  • Fight for the Pain!!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009, 03:31:22 am »
Buy an Xbox 360 instead.

Reasons:

1.) Cheaper yet you can have 3dr's Yes it's cheap!

2.) You can have it modded to play games downloaded from BitTorrent (piratebay.org, torrentz.com, mininova, isohunt) or from your local pirated DVD shop. Ops did you say you can play PIRATED games? are you satisfied w/ the pic quality? sounds and are they full? maybe you can play but n the middle of the game it stock & it sucks while your on mood

just like Metal gear 4? God of War 3?

5.) Halo 3 <--- it would never be the best Game of all time:-) have you heard or Snake? yeah he's the man!

*mga opinyun ko lang po mga yun.. i used to have xbots 360 but im not satisfied until  ibought side by side ps3 w/ xbox360 hmm...with HDlcd Tv nothing compares to Blue Ray dics games than an ordinary DVD.. ops are they still availble HD-DVD? or phase out na? what about Blue Ray disc Movies? are they still there? OH yes!!! lot's of Sale!
Proud owner of PS3, Xbox360, PsP , PS2 Samsung 32" HD LCDtv
GAMES finished: DMC1, DMC3, Prince of Perisa 1,2,3 God of War 1 &2  Resistance Fall of Man, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Ps3) Def Jam Fight for NY, Gears of War, NBA Street V8
accepting friends

PSN ID: piNoyspyUgaT
XboxLive

ferdz9999

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 03:49:58 am »
^HD-DVDs are indeed phased out AFAIK, it lost the format war against Blu-ray.