Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Philippines VS Korea  (Read 3017 times)

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
Philippines VS Korea
« on: May 12, 2007, 08:08:03 am »
The message goes:

As you know, we have plenty of Koreans currently studying in the Philippines to take advantage of
  our cheaper tuition fees and learn English at the same time.

This is an essay written by a Korean student I want to share with you.

(Never mind the grammar; it's the CONTENT that counts)

Maybe it is timely to think about ! this in the midst of all the confusion at present.
MY SHORT ESSAY ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES
Jaeyoun Kim

Filipinos always complain about the corruption in the Philippines. Do you really think the corruption is the problem of the Philippines? I do not think so. I strongly believe that the problem is the lack of love for the Philippines.

Let me first talk about my country, Korea.  It might help you understand my point. After the Korean War, South Korea was one of the poorest countries in the world. Koreans had to start from scratch because entire country was destroyed after the Korean War, and we had no natural resources.

Koreans used to talk about the Philippines, for Filipinos were very rich in Asia. We envy Filipinos. Koreans really wanted to be well off like Filipinos. Many Koreans died of famine. My father & brother also died because of famine. Korean government was very corrupt and is still very corrupt beyond your imagination, but Korea was able to develop dramatically because Koreans really did their best for the common good with their heart burning with patriotism.

Koreans did not work just for themselves but also for their neighborhood and country. Education inspired young men with the spirit of patriotism. 40 years ago, President Park took over the government to reform Korea. He tried to borrow money from other countries, but it was not possible to get a loan
  and attract a foreign investment because the economic situation of South Korea was so bad. Korea had only three factories. So, President Park sent many mine workers and nurses to Germany so that they could send money to Korea to build a factory. They had to go through horrible experience.

In 1964, President Park visited Germany to borrow money. Hundred of Koreans in Germany came to the airport to welcome him and cried there as they saw the President Park. They asked to him, "President, when can we be well off?"

That was the only question  everyone asked to him. President Park cried with them and promised them that Korea would be well off if everyone works hard for Korea, and the President  of Germany got the strong impression on them and lent money to Korea. So, President Park was able to build many factories in Korea. He always asked Koreans to love their country from their heart.

Many Korean scientists and engineers in the USA came back to Korea to help developing country because they wanted their country to be well off. Though they received very small salary, they did their best for Korea. They always hoped that their children would live in well off country. My parents
always brought me to the places where poor and physically handicapped people live.
  They wanted me to understand their life and help them. I also worked for Catholic Church when I was in the army. The only thing I learned from Catholic Church was that we have to love our neighborhood. And, I have loved my neighborhood. Have you cried for the Philippines? I have cried for my country several times. I also cried for the Philippines because of so many poor people. I have been to the New Bilibid prison. What made me sad in the prison were the prisoners who do not have any love for their country. They go to mass and work for Church. They pray everyday.

However, they do not love the Philippines. I talked to two prisoners at the maximum-security compound, and both of them said that they would leave the Philippines right after they are released from the prison. They said that they would start a new life in other countries and never come back to
the Philippines.

Many Koreans have a great love for Korea so that we were able to share our wealth with our neighborhood. The owners of factory and company were distributed their profit to their employees fairly so that employees could buy what they needed and saved money for the future and their children.

When I was in Korea, I had a very strong faith and wanted to be a priest. However, when I came to the Philippines, I completely lost my faith. I was very confused when I saw ! many unbelievable situations in the Philippines.

Street kids always make me sad, and I see them everyday. The Philippines is the only Catholic country in Asia, but there are too many poor people here.

People go to church every Sunday to pray, but nothing has been changed.

My parents came to the Philippines last week and saw this situation. They told me that Korea was much poorer than the present Philippines when they were young. They are so sorry that there are so many beggars and street kids. When we went to Pasangjan, I forced my parents to take a boat because it would fun. However, they were not happy after taking a boat. They said that they would not take the boat again because they were sympathized the boatmen, for the boatmen were very poor and had a small frame. Most of people just took a boat and enjoyed it.

But, my parents did not enjoy it because of love for them. My mother who has been working for Catholic Church since I was very young told me that if we just go to mass without changing ourselves, we are not Catholic indeed. Faith should come with action. She added that I have to love Filipinos and do good things for them because all of us are same and have received a great love from God.

I want Filipinos to love their neighborhood and country as much as they love God so that the Philippines will be well off.

I am sure that love is the keyword, which Filipinos should remember. We cannot change the sinful structure at once. It should start from person. Love must start in everybody, in a small scale and have to grow. A lot of things happen if we open up to love. Let's put away our prejudices and look at our worries with our new eyes.

I discover that every person is worthy to be loved. Trust in love, because it makes changes possible. Love changes you and me. It changes people, contexts and relationships. It changes the world. Please love your neighborhood and country.

Jesus Christ said that whatever we do to others we do to Him. In the Philippines, there is God for people who are abused and abandoned. There is God who is crying for love.  If you have a child, teach them how to love the Philippines. Teach them why they have to love their neighborhood and country. You already know that God also will be very happy if you love others. That's all I really want to ask you Filipinos.

lainchie

Re: Philippines VS Korea
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 08:25:15 am »
Medyo tama ang sinasabi ang koreanong ito... I qoute Confucius

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Sana naman maging patriotic na tayo para maiba naman ang bansa natin.

Kahit tanungin natin ang mga Nursing students ngayon kung bakit sila ng nursing. Iisa lang ang sagot nila.. "TO WORK ABROAD", hust to escape from our country...

When will  this country change? It's up to us if we really want to make a change.

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 11:40:48 am »
"Filipinos always complain about the corruption in the Philippines. Do you really think the corruption is the problem of the Philippines? I do not think so. I strongly believe that the problem is the lack of love for the Philippines."

i greatly agree w/ dis one.. actually ngaun koh lng narealize.. wlang kwenta tlga taung mga pinoy..

it ain't over. . .till its over

Kulangotnipatrick

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma -2
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 12:47:57 pm »
puxxxx... parang nabasa ko yan kay bob ong ha

KuRaTsAMaYoR

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
  • Aanhin pa ang DAMO?! Kung pinaREHAB na ang Kabayo.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 01:51:24 pm »
sad but true...  smoking::

zaraki kenpachi

• self improvement is masturbation...self destruction is the answer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 14
  • pagmulat ng mata...langit nakatawa...
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 02:41:03 pm »
"Filipinos always complain about the corruption in the Philippines. Do you really think the corruption is the problem of the Philippines? I do not think so. I strongly believe that the problem is the lack of love for the Philippines."

i greatly agree w/ dis one.. actually ngaun koh lng narealize.. wlang kwenta tlga taung mga pinoy..

wag mo naman sana idamay lahat ng pinoy...maraming ofw ang nagpapakamatay sa work sa ibang bansa para makapagpadala ng pera sa pamilya nila...

hindi lang pamilya nila natutulungan nun kundi ekonomiya din natin...sila nagpapasok ng dolyares.

Kahit tanungin natin ang mga Nursing students ngayon kung bakit sila ng nursing. Iisa lang ang sagot nila.. "TO WORK ABROAD", hust to escape from our country...

hindi naman kasalanan ang mangibang bansa para mapaganda ang iyong pamumuhay... mas maige naman un kaysa sa magabang ka sa isang madilim na eskinita ng mahoholdap o kaya naman magbenta ng katawan...

besides, hindi naman country natin ang gusto nilang takasan...gusto nilang takasan ang kahirapan na dinaranas nila...babalik at babalik pa rin naman sila sa bansa natin...

kung patriotism naman ang pinaguusapan...mas patriotic para sa akin tong mga OFWs na nagpapakahirap magtrabaho sa ibang bansa para makapagpadala ng dolyares sa bansa natin...
mas piliin ko sila kaysa sa mga taong nagsasabing walang kwenta ang mga pilipino at ang ating bansa...tapos wala namang ginagawa kundi mag chat lang at maglaro ng ragnarok sa internet cafe...

my country is the world and my religion is to do good

megasyxx

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 02:25:25 pm »
ang problema kc ung catholicism....ung dominant religion d2. kapwa katoliko nag aaway, nagpapatayan, nagsisiraan.  bnana

Van Wilder

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • MVP
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 08:44:29 pm »

Diskarte lng yan tol!

malesweetkisser

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 06:37:34 am »
truth is hurt....agree ako sa kanya,...mashado kasi natin bini,blame ang goverment.bec of corruption.hindi lang naman kelan nag simula ang corruption.ndi lang sa pilipinas meron nyan.
my point is,meron din tayo katungkulan na dapat gampanan.hindi yung iaasa natin lahat sa gobyerno.kaya nga may kanya kanya tayong utak eh.
SASAKYAN KITA,MALIIT O MALAKI...mag momotor tayo!

k0ne27

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 01:06:39 pm »
laht kau my punto at tama rin n ndi laht ng pinoy ay ganun,,,pero tlgang masconvincng ung sa koreano,,mostly ofw would like 2 live abroad and die there,,ganun kz mga tita ko,,umuuwi lng cla for vacation,,,namention din kz ng tita ko sa kaptid nya na kung mmty cya ndi n cya pplibing sa pinas kundi dun na rin sa canada,,,yan ang patunay na most of the pilipinos does'nt love our country i think even me,,,gus2 at mahal ko ang pilipinas pero ndi ko cya ganun ka mahal,,,d nmn ako dugong bayani e,,npkaplastic ko nmn kung sabhin ko n mahal n mahal ko ang pilipinas,,,hehehe

malesweetkisser

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 06:27:16 pm »
laht kau my punto at tama rin n ndi laht ng pinoy ay ganun,,,pero tlgang masconvincng ung sa koreano,,mostly ofw would like 2 live abroad and die there,,ganun kz mga tita ko,,umuuwi lng cla for vacation,,,namention din kz ng tita ko sa kaptid nya na kung mmty cya ndi n cya pplibing sa pinas kundi dun na rin sa canada,,,yan ang patunay na most of the pilipinos does'nt love our country i think even me,,,gus2 at mahal ko ang pilipinas pero ndi ko cya ganun ka mahal,,,d nmn ako dugong bayani e,,npkaplastic ko nmn kung sabhin ko n mahal n mahal ko ang pilipinas,,,hehehe

true,even my mama died in dubai.hiling nya na wag na iuwi sa pinas yung bangkay nya.mas mabuting dun na daw sya mamatay.kakatrabaho mabuhay at makapag tapos lang kami.kesa nand2 daw sya,pare pareho lang kami mamamatay sa gutom.now naniniwala ako sa kanya,dahil tapos kaming magkapatid ngayon sa pag aaral bago sya pumanaw sa sakit nya dun sa dubai.a sad story pero wala tayo magagawa.kahit tita ko,gustu na ulit bumalik sa dubai,dahil mag nag aantay nang trabaho sa kanya dun,eh d2 wala.hirap makahanap nang trabaho.
SASAKYAN KITA,MALIIT O MALAKI...mag momotor tayo!

excon

• Penitentiary Chief
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 18
  • "hey fish! welcome to Prisneyland!"
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 10:19:51 pm »

wag mo naman sana idamay lahat ng pinoy...maraming ofw ang nagpapakamatay sa work sa ibang bansa para makapagpadala ng pera sa pamilya nila...

hindi lang pamilya nila natutulungan nun kundi ekonomiya din natin...sila nagpapasok ng dolyares.

hindi naman kasalanan ang mangibang bansa para mapaganda ang iyong pamumuhay... mas maige naman un kaysa sa magabang ka sa isang madilim na eskinita ng mahoholdap o kaya naman magbenta ng katawan...

besides, hindi naman country natin ang gusto nilang takasan...gusto nilang takasan ang kahirapan na dinaranas nila...babalik at babalik pa rin naman sila sa bansa natin...

kung patriotism naman ang pinaguusapan...mas patriotic para sa akin tong mga OFWs na nagpapakahirap magtrabaho sa ibang bansa para makapagpadala ng dolyares sa bansa natin...
mas piliin ko sila kaysa sa mga taong nagsasabing walang kwenta ang mga pilipino at ang ating bansa...tapos wala namang ginagawa kundi mag chat lang at maglaro ng ragnarok sa internet cafe...

very well said zaraki kenpachi..

boylaki

• PAG BAD KA BAN KA
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
  • Lahat ng Espiya Kaibigan Ko
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 10:15:22 am »
I agree with him
LONG LIVE PINOYSPY
PINOYSPY ANG WEBSITE NG TAONG BAYAN