Espiya Sports [Sports lang tayo ==> Walang suntukan! ] > Basketball

Kai Sotto NBA Draft

<< < (4/4)

bdb563:
I feel like he should've stayed for one more year to up his stats and be more marketable, pero here we are. And sa tingin ko tama na expectations should be around 2nd round to undrafted for Kai. Sayang talaga yung G-League Ignite napakalaking what-if.

As for how he will fit around the league. I don't know. If we're looking at his frame, being 7'3 isn't enough right now. Tacko Fall and Bol Bol both have that height and they aren't getting that much playing time yet. They're basically projects you'd send down to G-League and pray. Plus, may Chet Holmgren sa top 4 ng draft class ngayon, and meron pa si Victor Wembanyama ng France coming next year. They're basically built like Kai Sotto but with more developed guard skills. And if you look at NBA lineups these days, usually iisang big nalang nasa floor kasi sobrang guard-heavy ng game and pag natapat sayo yung mga guards or wings nilang mabibilis jusko patay ka. I also don't wanna bring in random intangibles like "asian discrimination" or "PH support". Sure, important yan for athletes themselves and their mental health or morale siguro, pero I doubt that matters to scouts, GMs, and coaches. Production is key parin. For sure kahit ikaw na pinoy dito di mo papansinin si Jordan Clarkson kapag 1 PPG 2 TOV si manong.

Ang masasabi ko lang talaga, TAMPER EXPECTATIONS. Wag mong sabihing 1st round. And kung ma-draft man, wag kaagad mag-expect ng Jokic or Manu Ginobili career trajectory. Bawat isang ganun may mga 100 na wala na sa league after 2 years. Pray he gets on a team that could give him playing time, and pray na he develops the frame and the skillset to stay on the court. Priorities for sure are definitely bulk and lateral quickness, and then respectable 3-pointing for spacing.

gotenks:

--- Quote from: bdb563 on May 03, 2022, 09:46:37 am ---I feel like he should've stayed for one more year to up his stats and be more marketable, pero here we are. And sa tingin ko tama na expectations should be around 2nd round to undrafted for Kai. Sayang talaga yung G-League Ignite napakalaking what-if.

As for how he will fit around the league. I don't know. If we're looking at his frame, being 7'3 isn't enough right now. Tacko Fall and Bol Bol both have that height and they aren't getting that much playing time yet. They're basically projects you'd send down to G-League and pray. Plus, may Chet Holmgren sa top 4 ng draft class ngayon, and meron pa si Victor Wembanyama ng France coming next year. They're basically built like Kai Sotto but with more developed guard skills. And if you look at NBA lineups these days, usually iisang big nalang nasa floor kasi sobrang guard-heavy ng game and pag natapat sayo yung mga guards or wings nilang mabibilis jusko patay ka. I also don't wanna bring in random intangibles like "asian discrimination" or "PH support". Sure, important yan for athletes themselves and their mental health or morale siguro, pero I doubt that matters to scouts, GMs, and coaches. Production is key parin. For sure kahit ikaw na pinoy dito di mo papansinin si Jordan Clarkson kapag 1 PPG 2 TOV si manong.

Ang masasabi ko lang talaga, TAMPER EXPECTATIONS. Wag mong sabihing 1st round. And kung ma-draft man, wag kaagad mag-expect ng Jokic or Manu Ginobili career trajectory. Bawat isang ganun may mga 100 na wala na sa league after 2 years. Pray he gets on a team that could give him playing time, and pray na he develops the frame and the skillset to stay on the court. Priorities for sure are definitely bulk and lateral quickness, and then respectable 3-pointing for spacing.

--- End quote ---

I feel like we're the knowledgeable sport fans,our expectations on Kai is within the range of possibility,while the youtube fans and even in the Interbasketball forum were so far off into the sunset.Its really hard to gauge Kai's skill set to the limits,when the NBL didn't give him enough playing time or just not good enough competition at center.Thus,the TSF retraining,against more mobile and athletic big men.Makes me almost wished that he went to the Japanese League,at least over there he would have faced 3 imports at a time,with lots of Euro big men and American players that are still in their prime.I almost envisioned him getting double,double stats per game. :(

gotenks:
Latest news that's not fake is he's going to private workouts with various teams,but he's not the only one,pretty much just about anyone under no.70 in the draft gets a chance to have a one last look from the coaching staffs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version