Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: where to buy intel NUC?  (Read 11179 times)

ray

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 3
where to buy intel NUC?
« on: May 17, 2015, 03:43:46 pm »
hi,

I'm planning to  build intel NUC pc so I can bring my PC anywhere.

Anyone knows where to buy the intel NUC? i'm looking for 5th gen icore5 or icore7...

Also, I would to know the price.

thanks!

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Re: where to buy intel NUC?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 11:34:49 pm »
http://dynaquestpc.com/product/intel-nuc-nuc515ryh-5th-gen-i5-5250u/

IRIS PRO HD6000 na yan so gaming capable na yan, Di common sa oinas ang nuc na i7 na may dedicated vidcard na nvidia or at I and those will hit above the 25k pricepoint

ray

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 02:01:56 pm »
Masterchief, thanks po....

better replacement na po ba yan for desktop AMD A8-6800 na set up?

is it bang for the bucks po bah?

canvass muna ako if how much kung imax ang 16gb and wifi nito... :)

ito po yung specs nya base sa website:

5th generation Intel Core i5-5250U processor
Intel HD Graphics 6000
Support Dual-channel DDR3L SODIMMs, 16GB maximum
Internal support for M.2 SSD card & 2.5″ HDD
Consumer Infrared sensor

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 12:30:39 am »
Keep in mind NUCs use low power mobile CPUs usually Ultrabook class CPUs as designated by the  U branding like in 5xxxu

This is only a Dual Core CPU but it offers both Hyperthreading and Turbo Boost it can match that faux quad core 6800 is WAY MORE POWER EFFICIENT at 15w TDP and the IRIS HD6000 is rated to be gaming capable And can match AMDs Apu IGPs

The downside of Nucs is HDD and ram lang pwede mo upgrade
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:01:52 pm by MasterChief63 »

ray

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 01:42:36 pm »
thanks masterchief... I will do more research of this NUC model...
rest assured if I'll go with this it's more than enough to replace my AMD 6800 set up plus I can bring it anywhere...
Also, I don't have issue if only HDD and RAM are upgradable... My 6800 has 8gb RAM and 500gb hdd only and its running for 2 years now considering its 45w TDP if im not mistaken... hehehe...

I'll be happy to have NUC... :) if I can wait, i can save to get the core i7 5th gen....which i think is a great project to upgrade my cpu...

godo12345

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 49
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 09:28:28 pm »
why not get a laptop? if you calculate the cost of getting the nuc up and running(complementing it with good ram and hdd) vs laptop with i5 proc, it's almost the same.

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 11:05:43 pm »
why not get a laptop? if you calculate the cost of getting the nuc up and running(complementing it with good ram and hdd) vs laptop with i5 proc, it's almost the same.

I disagree, its not almost the same, far from it, yung Nuc na suggest ko is P19k with the 5th gen i5 5250 Broadwell which is the latest Intel CPU line, it also packs an Intel Iris HD6000 gpu, that as I said is gaming capable And can match AMDs APU Gpus, normallya ng embeded sa Intel 5th gen is HD5500 lang na also capable of low to mid setting gaming

An i3 laptopna 4th gen with HD4xxx GPU will cost more than the Nucs P19k which will be slower and will not perform as good as the i5 and HD6000 GPU on games

An i5 5th gen sa US costs $700 and up on HD5500 and an Iris HD6000 on that laptop will add at least $100 more so P19k vs P30k+ isn't "almost the same"

Kung 3rd gen i5 Sandy Bridg laptope that came out 3 years ago would be "almost the same" price wise and kung Ivy Bridge yun same price at 19k

godo12345

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 49
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 04:04:14 am »
I disagree, its not almost the same, far from it, yung Nuc na suggest ko is P19k with the 5th gen i5 5250 Broadwell which is the latest Intel CPU line, it also packs an Intel Iris HD6000 gpu, that as I said is gaming capable And can match AMDs APU Gpus, normallya ng embeded sa Intel 5th gen is HD5500 lang na also capable of low to mid setting gaming

An i3 laptopna 4th gen with HD4xxx GPU will cost more than the Nucs P19k which will be slower and will not perform as good as the i5 and HD6000 GPU on games

An i5 5th gen sa US costs $700 and up on HD5500 and an Iris HD6000 on that laptop will add at least $100 more so P19k vs P30k+ isn't "almost the same"

Kung 3rd gen i5 Sandy Bridg laptope that came out 3 years ago would be "almost the same" price wise and kung Ivy Bridge yun same price at 19k

vs

yeah, my bad. It's really way off the price and intel hd 6000 is way faster than Nvidia GF 820M. go with the nuc bro.

the quoted laptop has it's cheaper counterpart and other stores offer it way cheaper than this broad day light robbery online stores. they just don't post it online.

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 11:10:31 am »

vs

yeah, my bad. It's really way off the price and intel hd 6000 is way faster than Nvidia GF 820M. go with the nuc bro.

the quoted laptop has it's cheaper counterpart and other stores offer it way cheaper than this broad day light robbery online stores. they just don't post it online.

You have to subtract the monitor, mouse and keyboard since the TS has an existing PC setup. Maybe subtract the HDD and ram too since he has already a 500GB HDD and 8GB of ram from the previous system (unless those are not compatible with the NUC motherboard). So it is quite a significant price difference after that.

I agree though that if portability is the main reason for going for the NUC then just save more and get a laptop. You wouldn't have to worry if a monitor, mouse and keyboard will be available wherever you go.

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 09:47:42 pm »
Desktop ram and 3.5" HDD will not fit the nuc, laptop mem and HDD ang kailangan

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 10:20:24 pm »
Desktop ram and 3.5" HDD will not fit the nuc, laptop mem and HDD ang kailangan

My bad, I thought at least the HDD would be compatible, then godo12345's laptop suggestion becomes more sound since it won't be that much of a significant price drop. Unless the TS really wants the NUC for some other reason than portability.

ray

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 02:27:38 pm »
NUC is handy as it is and pack with powerful features.

I guess the portability of the NUC is better compared to the laptop. U will just bring small bluetooth enabled keyboard with track pad and connect it to any LCD TV/monitor and you are online already.
and i think it's carefree compared to laptop..... :)

I tried asking thinking tools here in visayas and unfortunately they only sell the HP NUC which is only i3 4th gen.

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 03:45:20 pm »

I guess the portability of the NUC is better compared to the laptop. U will just bring small bluetooth enabled keyboard with track pad and connect it to any LCD TV/monitor and you are online already.

Other than a smaller form factor though, what powerful feature does a NUC have over the suggested laptop by godo12345?

godo12345

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 49
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 07:18:53 pm »

I tried asking thinking tools here in visayas and unfortunately they only sell the HP NUC which is only i3 4th gen.

it's a battle between portability and mobility, but imho, laptop is better than NUC in every aspect, like for example, a dedicated graphic. Just like the nuc, you can connect it to any LCD TV too if you want to, so i don't see any features a laptop can't do that an NUC can.

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 09:52:18 pm »
TS clearly stated he wanted a Desktop Replacement and not a laptop, a laptop with the same specs as the NUC I suggested would cost almost twice as the Nuc itself, yes the laptop has an edge having a screen, KB and speakers but would cost significantly more

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 07:24:26 am »
TS clearly stated he wanted a Desktop Replacement and not a laptop, a laptop with the same specs as the NUC I suggested would cost almost twice as the Nuc itself, yes the laptop has an edge having a screen, KB and speakers but would cost significantly more

The NUC's processor is not really desktop grade as you said it is used on ultrabooks so it's not even that good of a desktop replacement for that price. As godo12345 listed additional prices for HDD and ram, add to that a wireless keyboard with a touchpad how much price difference would there be with a laptop such as this?

@TS
How often do you think you would bring the NUC with you? What if someone else is using the LCD TV/monitor or what if it's not available at all?

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 07:47:04 am »
Hahahaha wag ka nga makulit TS sinabi ng mag laptop ka na lang kahit nuc ang gusto mo bilin eh

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 07:55:41 am »
Hahahaha wag ka nga makulit TS sinabi ng mag laptop ka na lang kahit nuc ang gusto mo bilin eh

Well nobody is forcing him not to buy the NUC, some points against it are pointed out but if he still wants to buy it then he can buy it. A laptop is suggested as an alternative to the NUC, what's wrong with that?

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 08:23:14 am »
A decent 25-30fps 1080p game on the nuc i5 5250u on Iris HD6000

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VkVYJBWqGaM[/youtube]

ray

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 01:43:26 pm »
thank you for the ideas, ka espiya...
I've posted last year about my intention to upgrade my amd6800 and yet the only upgrade i had was the additional of 4gb ram... :)

i think NUC is better upgrade for my current desktop instead of going to laptop.

as  to how often i will bring my nuc? its very rare. maybe if i have travel/vacation.
anyway, i have my asus t100tam if i want to visit espiya for portability. :)

What I don't like with laptop are the following:
- keyboard will heat up
- high maintenance (extra careful with KB,LCD,etc)
- needs more exhaust when playing games
- limited screen display like 14s 15s and if I go bigger screen it will become heavy
and amongst others...

NUC seem better I guess, low maintenance, no need for exhaust when playing games, keyboard can be wireless as part of my nuc set up.
I can connect it with 24s lcd or 32/42 lcd if i want bigger screen for watching GoT. Penny Dreadful,supergirl :),etc....with only less space to consume compare to 14s laptop...

yeah.. portability. :)

convince me more to get the laptop..hehehe..

thanks guys!

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 09:04:38 pm »
Kung di ka naman nagmamadali sir wag ka muna kumuha ng Broadwell Nuc and hold on your AMD rig until the end of 2015 when the 6th gen SKYLAKE CPUs come out

ray

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 01:52:48 pm »
Sir Master,

I'm now thinking of building mini-itx set up just like the Alienware alpha...
i think it's much better than intel NUC.... My goal is HTPC at the same time gaming PC
maximizing the mini-itx set up....

i'm searching for smaller than Antec ISK 300-150 Mini-ITX case that can accomodate good video card...

hehehe.. haysss... cant decide... :)