Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extra  (Read 10413 times)

germafia

• Where Almost outta beer
  • Console Gamers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 40

More than two years into the Curiosity rover’s lonely trek across Mars, conspiracy theorists believe they’ve struck gold: an ‘alien thigh bone’ has been spotted on the surface of the red planet.
For keen alien hunters, the image above - taken by the rover’s MastCam on August 14 – is proof that large animals once roamed Mars, possibly even dinosaurs.
“Simply put this shows that there were some living things on the Mars (sic),” asserts an anonymous editorial writer at Northern Voices Online, while the popular site UFO Blogger compares the find to previous images of a “fossilized, reptilian spine” and a “human finger”.
The regularity of these ‘finds’ is of course testament not to the once-flourishing wildlife of Mars, but to the human brain’s remarkable capacity to spot patterns in random noise.
This was a handy trait for our ancestors when identifying a potential predator among the primeval foliage, but in modern times it’s more likely to lead only to those little ‘huh’ moments when we spot a face in some inanimate object.
Of course, there is some truth to conspiracy theorists’ hopes of life on Mars, with scientists pointing out last year that the asteroid impact that killed of the dinosaurs could have flung rocks carrying organic matter to the red planet some 66 million years ago.
Unfortunately, at this point (and for roughly 3 billion years prior) Mars was a barren place with no flowing water. However, if the microorganisms from Earth had hitched a ride to somewhere a little more hospitable, like Europa then it could be a different matter altogether.

wildgang_10

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 18
It does not tell you anything other than a picture...

but to give conclusion right away without subjecting it to scientific analysis is a false science.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
This is exciting I hope someone verify this either real or just a misidentification.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
This is exciting I hope someone verify this either real or just a misidentification.

You think it's from a White Martian that got killed by a Green Martian?
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
You think it's from a White Martian that got killed by a Green Martian?
laffman::

I was thinking that NASA will say that its an unusual rock formation again. >:( But in a lighter note could be the remains of Green Martians killed by White's. ;D

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
laffman::

I was thinking that NASA will say that its an unusual rock formation again. >:( But in a lighter note could be the remains of Green Martians killed by White's. ;D

It looks like a desert locale in Montana after a dog went digging for bones...or after Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Sattler went digging for fossils.  ;D

Reminds me of the time an Avengers fan with whom I'm acquainted asked me how I would kick off a Justice League movie. I said I'd start with Martian Manhunter and have him living on Earth after exiling himself from Mars following his involvement in the near-total genocide of the White Martian population.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.