Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Study:Alcohol makes other people more attractive  (Read 9435 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Study:Alcohol makes other people more attractive
« on: May 14, 2014, 11:06:59 am »

Surprise?!  :D Yes, beer goggles are real— even though most of us have already learned this the hard way. EH, science!

Researchers from the University of Bristol found in a study that booze really does make you find people more attractive than you would if you were sober.

Some participants in the study were given an alcoholic drink, while others were given a booze-free placebo. After that, they were shown images of human faces and of landscapes. The group that was given alcohol gave higher attractiveness ratings to both types of images.

The research team insists that even though the study makes everyone giggle, it also points to some important risk factors. When a person is more likely to think everyone around them is smokin’ hot, they’re more likely to have unprotected sex or be talked into something (sexual or otherwise) that they may be uncomfortable with.

According to the study, the part of the brain responsible for sexytime keeps functioning until we pass out, no matter how drunk we get. So the root of the change in attraction may have less to do with someone actually appearing hotter to you, and more to do with the fact that your decision-making skills and inhibits have melted (while your libido hasn’t budged).

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Friends don't drink & fall in love
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 03:42:38 am »
this is sOo cute & too good not to share (the song is masterfully lip synced by some adorable kids for a crowd of stuffed animals, is just)  :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l5iKwi4jq0&sns=em[/youtube]