Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Lebron James Wants To Play In 1 NFL Game  (Read 21222 times)

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
Lebron James Wants To Play In 1 NFL Game
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:34:51 pm »
Miami Heat and NBA superstar LeBron James has long drawn the attention of the NFL for his freakish athletic ability. On Friday night, James answered a question on Twitter that should have NFL fans foaming at the mouth. The four-time league MVP played football during his high school years at St. Vincent-St. Mary in Akron, Ohio, but gave that life up after he was the No. 1 pick in the 2003 NBA draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. Ten years later, he's now arguably the greatest basketball player on the planet and still in his prime to boot.

He probably had a future as an NFL tight end had basketball not panned out. James was recruited by Urban Meyer—then the wide receivers coach at Notre Dame—when he was still walking the halls of St. Vincent-St. Mary High. As reported by Melissa Rohlin of the Los Angeles Times, Meyer is on record as saying James had Hall of Fame potential as a football player. James is a Dallas Cowboys fan by trade, but there's little doubt his hometown Cleveland Browns would bend over backward to bring him on board. Can you imagine what Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers could do with James running seam routes?

Current NFL stars also feel James could make the leap. Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace and Cowboys wideout Dez Bryant have both been quoted in support of that theory over the past few months. Even if it was just one official game, I have a feeling attendance records—and maybe the Internet—would shatter if James ever does join an NFL roster.  Man I can imagine Lebron running the hook and ladder route or a simple slant at the goal line versus Troy Paloumalo. Its been years since he put on the helmet and pads,he might be fast in basketball but football speed is different and he's been playing a contact sport for awhile,now can he play in a constant hitting sport. He probably got jealous of guys playing 65-110,000 people in a stadium instead of a measly 15-25,000 arena ::laffman

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: Lebron James Wants To Play In 1 NFL Game
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:42:58 pm »
 ::lmao mamatay sya sa NFL for sure

if this guys grab him or sack him

Clay Matthews of Green Bay Packers

and our very own Patrick Willis of the 49ers

::lmao baka di na sya makapag laro sa NBA

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:15:45 pm »
At 6'8 and 265lbs. he's a good size TE,but he gotta get used to getting hit and no flopping in the NFL,I cant judge him until he shows up for spring training,he knows that conditioning in football is way much different from basketball,he's been playing around tall skinny guys for a long time and he dominates them now he's going back to a sport where guys as tall as him outweighs him over 100lbs. and very athletic and strong. This is not HS football anymore,Friday Night Lights,this big time Sunday or Monday Night Madness. He gotta run that 40 under 4.4 to outrun a Clay Matthews or even a slow ass Mante Te'O ::laffman

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 07:34:33 pm »
At 6'8 and 265lbs. he's a good size TE,but he gotta get used to getting hit and no flopping in the NFL,I cant judge him until he shows up for spring training,he knows that conditioning in football is way much different from basketball,he's been playing around tall skinny guys for a long time and he dominates them now he's going back to a sport where guys as tall as him outweighs him over 100lbs. and very athletic and strong. This is not HS football anymore,Friday Night Lights,this big time Sunday or Monday Night Madness. He gotta run that 40 under 4.4 to outrun a Clay Matthews or even a slow ass Mante Te'O ::laffman

Mante Te'O is a Quarter Back dude i dont think they will meet in the field

if James wanted to play Tight End or Wide Receiver then he is on the offensive side

meanwhile Bad ass Clay Matthews plays the Defensive team

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 09:22:17 pm »
Mante Te'O is a Quarter Back dude i dont think they will meet in the field

if James wanted to play Tight End or Wide Receiver then he is on the offensive side

meanwhile Bad ass Clay Matthews plays the Defensive team

Mante "Gullible" Te'O plays LB for the Chargers and not QB.

This topic got me interested in the possibility and saw an article that LBJ's 40 yd is 4.6. Te'O is a 4.8 and 4.6 on his best day.

At 6'8 with a vertical of Cornerback, Great big hands and 40 yd dash of a Power RB??

Thats something to think about..

gardov

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 09:29:14 pm »
are you fucken kidding me?

eh natackle nga sya ni heinrich kung anong pag ngangawa na ginawa nya... football pa? lol

indemnified

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 10:09:45 pm »
Manti Te'o is a linebacker.

Average height ng NFL linebacker is 6'1"/6'2". That's point guard size sa NBA. At 6'8", LeBron is actually tall for a TE (6'8" sa American Football is Offensive Tackle size). Antonio Gates I think is 6'4" while Tony Gonzales and 2013 breakout star Julius Thomas is 6'5". Si Jimmy Graham na ang closest TE I could think of to a LeBron at 6'7" 260+ lbs.

Ang worry ko kay LeBron if he does indeed play TE/Receiver is the risk of injury. The way NFL rules are set up now (no helmet-to-helmet hits or hitting of defenseless receivers or hitting with the crown of helmet) players are being taught to tackle low. That exposes LeBron's knees/lower legs to unnecessary hits. Randall Cobb is just 5'10" pero he suffered a broken fibula from a Matt Elam "legal" hit just a week ago.

Kung ako ang coach and may player ako like LeBron, I'd probably place him as a DE sa defense and put him on goal line plays sa offense (ala Mike Vrabel).
New England Patriots Boston Red Sox Boston Bruins

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 01:38:47 am »
Mante Te[O is the slowest Samoan LB ever if I'm running back in a blocking play I will find a way to hurt a slow defensive player,every chance an offensive player has a chance to deliver a killer block on a defensive player you take it. Lebron will just go in a special TE set usually on the red zone,anywhere 20 yards to the goal line,He wont matchup with a LB its usually a tall skinny FS,I mean like a 6'3 235lbs. guy,so like a Tony Gonzales he will always win the matchup,except when its a Troy Polamalou who's playing safety,as soon as he sees that "Sto Nino" hair flying he knows he gonna get hit really,really hard and just hold on to the ball for dear life. I believe he can run a 40 at a 4.5 clip.
Highlights of Lebron and some other NBA stars who dominate phyisically in the NBA is mostly guys who played rough in HS football,if you wonder how Allen Iverson got those croosover moves its from trying to get away from corners.

http://youtu.be/S2UGN4-nugg

http://youtu.be/cdMPNIgeuoQ

Btw,Lebron was asked if he misses football,he said everyday

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 02:03:53 am »
hmmm....my bad i thought he was playing Quarter back back in Notre Dame when he was in College , they got beat up so bad by Alabama on Championship day

madalas ko kasi sya nakikita sa bench naka upo  ::lmao kaya akala ko QB sya

almost not get drafted because he has this "imaginary" Girlfriend

anyway Te'O is not the big deal  smoking:: I live in the Bay Area we have Raiders and 49er but i like the 49er more ( just bring back Alex Smith)

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 06:08:16 am »
Dapat title ng thread na to "Underestimating LBJ: The NFL Dream"
You're not your. This not these. It's not its. We're not were.

Thanks Gat J.P. Rizal for the Arsenal shirt. <3

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 09:03:09 am »
They will give him a chance,if anything he will beat MJ since Michael sucks in baseball,while LBJ was a 4 star recruit in HS football,I can see him playing in 4 preseason beyond that it will be an uphill battle but,he's the closest this generation have of a Bo Jackson. ;D

MiKeDaCuTe

• Laking Beer Brand!!!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 159
  • Kung Kaya ng Iba, Ipagawa mo sa Kanila...
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 12:52:51 pm »
hahaha nakakatawa naman to... ang king of flop gusto maglaro ng NFL??? di uubra flopping nya sa NFL lol  ;D

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 06:39:48 pm »
hahaha nakakatawa naman to... ang king of flop gusto maglaro ng NFL??? di uubra flopping nya sa NFL lol  ;D

yea,maybe he can bring that act in the NFL to get a defensive interference call for him  ;D As soon as he stretches those long arms in front of the defender,more than likely their reaction is to pull them down,thus gets a penalty in his favor,but he needs to bulk up to between 270 to 275 if he wants to be on the field all the time,so that can be on a blocking scheme when its a power run or to help the Tackles defending the blitz,I don't think he wants a highlight in ESPN where he was runover by a DE or a Safety for a Blitz sack. ::laffman

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 08:26:13 pm »
yea,maybe he can bring that act in the NFL to get a defensive interference call for him  ;D As soon as he stretches those long arms in front of the defender,more than likely their reaction is to pull them down,thus gets a penalty in his favor,but he needs to bulk up to between 270 to 275 if he wants to be on the field all the time,so that can be on a blocking scheme when its a power run or to help the Tackles defending the blitz,I don't think he wants a highlight in ESPN where he was runover by a DE or a Safety for a Blitz sack. ::laffman

::lmao pag tingin sa Review toinks!!!

pwede naman sya sa Special Team  ::lmao

indemnified

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 12:49:19 am »
anyway Te'O is not the big deal  smoking:: I live in the Bay Area we have Raiders and 49er but i like the 49er more ( just bring back Alex Smith)

Wow. Would you seriously pick Alex Smith over Colin Kaepernick?! That explains a lot.  :P

Mark ng isang good DB is his ability to locate and play the ball. Parang sa basketball, when you attempt a block, you go for the ball. Certain contacts are also allowed when you're playing the ball as a DB. Ex., a receiver extends his arms to catch a ball, you could put your arms over the receiver's arms to get to the ball first or at the least prevent the receiver from completing the catch. And of course kung may defensive pass interference, merong din offensive PI. I mean, it's easier to exaggerate contact when you're a 6-foot cornerback going up against a 6'8" freak of nature.  laffman::

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 01:06:53 am »
Nagulat din ako.. Alex Smith over Colin Kap? The Chiefs are 7-0 but... Alex Smith?  ::laffman

Bottomline. Lebron is a freak of nature.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 01:58:47 am »
Wow. Would you seriously pick Alex Smith over Colin Kaepernick?! That explains a lot.  :P
Nagulat din ako.. Alex Smith over Colin Kap? The Chiefs are 7-0 but... Alex Smith?  ::laffman

YES... i will pick Alex Smith Over Colin Kaepernick

why? because the truth is Alex Smith put the 49ers in the Playoff last season (2012) i believe he can make it to the Super Bowl (2012) if he didn't get injured and i still believe that this season he and Kansan City will going to the Playoff and 49ers wont make it

they will say "Colin Kaepernick brings the 49ers to Super Bowl" but they are missing the point that Alex Smith Brings the 49ers to the Playoffs

and Rookie made mistakes Colin Kaepernick choke last super bowl

indemnified

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 05:50:30 am »
YES... i will pick Alex Smith Over Colin Kaepernick

why? because the truth is Alex Smith put the 49ers in the Playoff last season (2012) i believe he can make it to the Super Bowl (2012) if he didn't get injured and i still believe that this season he and Kansan City will going to the Playoff and 49ers wont make it

they will say "Colin Kaepernick brings the 49ers to Super Bowl" but they are missing the point that Alex Smith Brings the 49ers to the Playoffs

and Rookie made mistakes Colin Kaepernick choke last super bowl

LOL. Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers defense brought them to the playoffs. The same way Andy Reid and the Chiefs defense has them riding a perfect 7-0 record. Tanong lang, how many years was Alex Smith the Niners' starting QB before Jim Harbaugh? 5? How many times did he lead them to the playoffs? Nada. How many winning seasons (season where they had more wins than losses) did he lead them to? Zilch. And that's playing in arguably the worst division in the NFL in that span.

Alex Smith won't kill you with his turnovers. He'll rarely force the issue to make something happen. Pero that's what holds him back also. Yung big-play quick-strike ability nya. He's a great game manager. Pero yun na din ang ceiling niya.

Kaepernick on the other hand is still quite raw. He never ran a pro-style offense in college. His mechanics still needs work so as his progression reads. He throws hard short passes that bounces off the receiver's hands. Pero this is his first full season and he's just 25. He'll have plenty of opportunity to correct those mistakes. And he has the potential to be great.

And about his Superbowl performance. He was shaky in the 1st half. There was this one play I remember where he literally stared at the oncoming rush behind him. Pero seriously? Choke job?! He almost completed a 22-point comeback. They were a 2-point conversion away from tying it and a couple of plays and a controversial non-call away from scoring a game-winning touchdown. And that's after Jacoby Jones got behind a supposed 49ers prevent D to score a long TD and the special teams allowing a return TD. Simply put, Kaepernick was the reason they even had a legit chance of winning that game in the end.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 06:33:01 am »
they score because they cut the ravens momentum if the lights didnt die and the clock keeps on going the Ravens will eat the 49ers out in the superbowl

have you seen the KC play last season and this season with Smith?

compare the numbers last season and this season

ok whats the use of Flacko , Brady and Aaron Rodgers and the Manning brothers? did you think team owners will pay millions if they are not thekey players?

kung defense lang din then lets take out the offensive team out

defense wont score 20+ point alone everyday unless you have a fantasy team with you

and i rather pick Andrew Luck than Kaepernick

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 09:17:03 am »

Mark ng isang good DB is his ability to locate and play the ball. Parang sa basketball, when you attempt a block, you go for the ball. Certain contacts are also allowed when you're playing the ball as a DB. Ex., a receiver extends his arms to catch a ball, you could put your arms over the receiver's arms to get to the ball first or at the least prevent the receiver from completing the catch. And of course kung may defensive pass interference, merong din offensive PI. I mean, it's easier to exaggerate contact when you're a 6-foot cornerback going up against a 6'8" freak of nature.  laffman::
As good as a DB is he's still no match against a good big TE specially on the redzone since LBJ can also jump more than likely he will always be matchup against a LB or a FS and that would create lots of hole in the A,B,C,adn D gap if you're playing defense against his team. I remember a trick back in HS we faced a team with a real complete TE he can catch and throw a mean block,even tho i play as a RB i still have to play defense too as a FS and I wanna get off the fiels as soon as possible as most HS players who play both sides of O and D, I put ben gay on my fingers and jam it in his eyes,he wasnt unstoppable then. ::laffman

indemnified

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 10:08:48 am »
they score because they cut the ravens momentum if the lights didnt die and the clock keeps on going the Ravens will eat the 49ers out in the superbowl

have you seen the KC play last season and this season with Smith?

compare the numbers last season and this season

ok whats the use of Flacko , Brady and Aaron Rodgers and the Manning brothers? did you think team owners will pay millions if they are not thekey players?

kung defense lang din then lets take out the offensive team out

defense wont score 20+ point alone everyday unless you have a fantasy team with you

and i rather pick Andrew Luck than Kaepernick

Wow. Just stop dude.

Chiefs Offense     2012     2013
Completion %......57.5%  58%
Yards/Pass...........6.2        6.3
TD %....................1.7%    2.8%
INT %...................4.2%    1.6%
QBR......................63.8%  79.3%
3rd Down %.........33%     34.6%

BIG DIFFERENCE  ::lmao

Defense:

Nakita mo ba yung stat line ni Flacco sa playoffs last season?! I forgot how many TDs he threw pero he never threw a single int. And he wasn't dinkin and dunkin either. He was flatout ballin.
When Manning was lost for the season what happened to the Colts?! They went 2-14.
When Brady was injured in 2008? They went 10-6 on a weak schedule and missed the playoffs.
When Alex Smith was injured and benched last year what happened to the Niners? They went to the Superbowl.

Matatawag mo bang key player ang isang tao kung pagkawala niya hindi naman nag suffer ang team as a whole? LOL

And yeah, I'd pick Andrew Luck too. He played college football at Stanford, running a pro-style offense, while being coached by.... yeah, Jim Harbaugh (except for his senior year I know).

And Manti Te'o's a quarterback.  ::lmao

indemnified

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 10:41:56 am »
As good as a DB is he's still no match against a good big TE specially on the redzone since LBJ can also jump more than likely he will always be matchup against a LB or a FS and that would create lots of hole in the A,B,C,adn D gap if you're playing defense against his team. I remember a trick back in HS we faced a team with a real complete TE he can catch and throw a mean block,even tho i play as a RB i still have to play defense too as a FS and I wanna get off the fiels as soon as possible as most HS players who play both sides of O and D, I put ben gay on my fingers and jam it in his eyes,he wasnt unstoppable then. ::laffman

When the Pats hosted the Saints 2 weeks ago, Aqib Talib (6'1" 205lbs) of the Pats defended Jimmy Graham (6'7" 265lbs) exclusively. Graham's final stat line? 0 Catches for 0 yards. That's the 1st time he was held catchless since his rookie season. Of course LeBron's a better athlete than Graham. My point is, you don't have to physically match up to be able to defend effectively. Good technique and ball skills can neutralize physical mismatches. And football's a team game anyway. If you can't beat LeBron, beat the other 21 players.  laffman::

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 12:32:36 pm »
yeah not much but with a 7 win and 0 loss ranking number 1 in AFC West - with out jim harbaugh

while the 49ers has 5 wins 2 losses with jim harbaugh

Alex Smith 145/250 cp/at , 1570 yards , 7 TD , 4 interception - without Jim Harbaugh

Colin Kaepernick 103/182 cp/at , 1420 yards , 8 TD , 5 interception - with Jim Harbaugh

indemnified

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 02:11:06 pm »
yeah not much but with a 7 win and 0 loss ranking number 1 in AFC West - with out jim harbaugh

while the 49ers has 5 wins 2 losses with jim harbaugh

Alex Smith 145/250 cp/at , 1570 yards , 7 TD , 4 interception - without Jim Harbaugh

Colin Kaepernick 103/182 cp/at , 1420 yards , 8 TD , 5 interception - with Jim Harbaugh

LOL. Grasping at straws? So you're saying Alex Smith had 42 more completions resulting in 150 more yards but 1 less TD? Didn't you just prove me right? That Smith is a Game Manager who won't kill you with turnovers (less int in more attempts) and that Kaepernick has that "big play" potential (more td in less attempts)?  :applause  :P

2013 Season        A. Smith          C. Kaepernick
Completion %      58%                56.6%
Yards/Pass           6.3                   7.8
QBR                      79.3                 85
Total QBR             50                    67

Advanced Stats ?

DYAR                    88                     208
DVOA                   -6%                  5.5%

And you do know that Alex Smith posted his best statistical season under.... yes, Jim Harbaugh.

Add ko na din for good measure

Offense DVOA: Chiefs -3.3% (18th); 49ers 10.1 (9th)
Defense DVOA: Chiefs -19.3 (2nd); 49ers -4.5 (12th)

The Chiefs had the 5th weakest Strength of Schedule (SOS) entering the 2013 season. Through 7 games they have only played 1 team with a winning record (4-3 Cowboys)
The Niners on the other hand had the 9th strongest SOS entering the 2013 season. Through 7 games they have played 3 1st place teams (4-2 Packers, 5-1 Seahawks, 5-2 Colts)

And Manti Te'o's a quarterback  ::lmao

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 06:40:52 pm »
 ::lmao nope that means Colin Kaepernick has 8 fumbles