Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: guys, you're just as depressed like women  (Read 9485 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
guys, you're just as depressed like women
« on: August 31, 2013, 11:04:42 am »

Depression might be known more as a women’s disease, but new research shows men suffer just as much—only differently. When rage, risk-taking, and substance abuse are taken into account, men are just as likely to be diagnosed with depression as women, the study says. In fact, if nontraditional symptoms are properly identified, men may actually be more likely to suffer from major depression, the “Los Angeles Times” reports, adding it’s news that may help explain why men are four times more likely to commit suicide.

Sure, you could say that this is all a matter of defining what "depressed" means; but it's good to have scientific validation that if your fella is punching holes in the wall every night, his problem may be more than all the booze. The LA Times reports:

That conclusion overturns long-accepted statistics indicating that, over their lifetimes, women are 70% more likely to have major depression than men. In fact, *when its symptoms are properly recognized in men, major depression may be even more common in men than in women, according to a study published Wednesday by the journal JAMA Psychiatry.

Basically researchers just expanded the meaning of "depression" to include symptoms like "anger attacks, aggression or irritability, substance abuse, risk-taking behavior and hyperactivity," all of which manifest much more commonly in men than in women.So no, men, you're not "crazy," you're just depressed.  :D

umm,seems we're all in the same boat now - Everyone Depressed  :D

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:09:50 am by FerminaDaza »

Jann Frost

• Pronmeister
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 143
  • Rough over Mellow
Re: guys, you're just as depressed like women
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 11:43:51 am »
Why? Is there someone na nagsasabing men don't get depressed? I do believe and I've experienced it, well twice. I still remember how much I wanted to end my life before. In just 1 month, I loss 30kg from 80. Imagine that. I don't have enough sleep and once every two days I eat. I got ulcer thrice, so the doctor said that once I got ulcer again, my intestines may suffer a lot because it will rupture dahil sobrang nipis na daw ng bituka ko. Got scared of my life from there on. Mahirap pag hindi ka bumangon sa pagkakadapa, dahil baka forever ka na hindi makabangon. Kaya I changed my ways. Learned a lot from that experience. And ayoko na maulit, simply because I wasted a lot of time sulking rather than being strong and man enough to face rejections and failures. Now thinking positive all the way. :)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 12:22:05 pm »
Kaya I changed my ways. Learned a lot from that experience. And ayoko na maulit, simply because I wasted a lot of time sulking rather than being strong and man enough to face rejections and failures. Now thinking positive all the way. :)

nice.thanks for sharing jann :)

shizzle,lahat naman nadidepressed from time to time, compare to men mas obvious lang makita agad yun sypmtoms usually sa mga babae as they easily can express their crazyemotions...Men tend to bottled-up their emotions til they give up.Dahilan na din why mas maraming lalaki ang nagsusuicide.

Good thing now a days, the Universe help us to increase our awareness with these studies.And of course the Universe wants us to know 'that is OK to fail'. We always have a*choice.And everyone who is willing to make a change (like bro jann did); anyone who are willing to do a *mental/perspective change- everything is possible.You can turn your wounds into wisdom.

☺☻JDC™

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 179
  • "pag ako gahhh!!!!" ika nga ng nawala kong mamay.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 02:07:39 pm »
of course miss FD tao rin kami  ::laffman.

just want to share this also nabasa ko lang..

Another method that I use to deal with depression is physical exercise. Vigorous exercise releases chemicals in the brain, such as dopamine, that can elevate mood instantly. Studies have shown that exercise is just as effective as medication in treating depression. I stick to my routine every day and  never skip it, even when I am in a low phase.

Do not let depression hijack your life. Keep busy physically and mentally to hold depression at bay. It can be tempting to think that a step back from the stress of life will do a man good. However, when a day loses purpose, when nothing fills the hours, depression is happy to steal them away. Depression will lure you away from the good in life before it strikes.

once na depressed ko I always keep my self busy, gusto kong pagudin ang sarili ko para madaling makatulog at iwas gulo narin (baka mamaya masapak pako ni GF) bnana ::wagbastos