Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: suggestion for SPLIT TYPE aircon  (Read 3397 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
suggestion for SPLIT TYPE aircon
« on: December 18, 2012, 01:13:56 pm »
balak ko sana magpalagay ng AIRCON to replace the old one i was using na windows type  from 1991 that still works but ate to much power and medyo puro rust na so any suggestions for a SPLIT TYPE aircon that can cool 2 bedrooms and ilan ang magandang HP ng aircon using an exhaust fan to cool the 2nd room, i was eying a 1.5hp LG split type but am willing to take suggestions to those with more insight with the matter, thanks in advance

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
Re: suggestion for SPLIT TYPE aircon
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 05:06:17 pm »
MasterChief63, ang pagkakaalam ko ang cooling capabilities ng window at split type ay magkaiba.  that is what was said by the sales rep back then ha.  you should measure the area to be cooled and tell the rep and they will be able to help you with your needed HP rating.  i am a bit skeptical as to what you said will service two rooms and it being a 1.5 HP one.  most of those we use are 1.5 and it services a small business location with just a few square meters of floor space.  i doubt if you could fit two bedrooms in that floor space.  that said, do check on your needed HP rating.

as to the brand, haven't encountered problems with 6 installed LG split.  other locations are a mix of other brands, some of them are even second-hand (KURIPOT kasi).   

a major advantage of split is in its energy-saving feature.  one location which had window-type installed then spends around 3.5k on electricity.  when replaced with split-type electricity cost now is down to 2.5k.  on that note, when choosing between models, do consider its EER.  higher EER would translate to a higher saving in electricity cost.
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 07:18:16 pm »
thank you sa suggestion, currently kasi nagpaparenovate ako bahay so papasukat ko dun sa trabahadpr ung combined 2 rooms para maestimate yung required HP nung 2 rooms

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 07:27:28 pm »
ingat lang, hindi porke't split type siya matipid na sa kuryente. you have to choose the inverter type (i.e. the newer models)

kung 2 rooms, I think mga 2.5HP ang need mo na split type aircon. dito sa office, mga around 30-40 square meters yung office, 2.5HP Samsung medyo kulang pa. hindi mainit pero hindi mo rin masasabing malamig (the aircon is at full power, 16 degrees)

but if you were using a 1.5HP window type before for the 2 rooms, then malamang 2.5HP split type should be more than enough
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:29:32 pm by bodieph »

agent xxx

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • to see is to belive,what u get is what u seek
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 08:52:26 pm »
masterchief63 i agree sa mga suggestion nila sau.just to give you an idea may multi-split type na aircon. inverter na sya and just 1 outdoor unit sya to save some space outside kung medyo ayaw mo medyo maraming nakaharang sa bakuran mo it work nice and in terms of saving makakatipid ka ..  toast::
" on d way to the top take a partner who knows d way up "

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 09:11:33 pm »
masterchief63 i agree sa mga suggestion nila sau.just to give you an idea may multi-split type na aircon. inverter na sya and just 1 outdoor unit sya to save some space outside kung medyo ayaw mo medyo maraming nakaharang sa bakuran mo it work nice and in terms of saving makakatipid ka ..  toast::

actually sa 2 bedrooms sa 2nd floor ikakabit, so ung cooling unit itself sa terrace ko ikakabit

sinukat ko yung rooms and combined they make 126"x316" or 3.2mx8m or 25.6 square meters

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 09:17:37 pm »
MasterChief63, also do consider that hot air rises and cold air sinks.  you should also put that into consideration when designing the placement of your exhaust fan.  this wont be much difference say when your aircon unit is already running for a few minutes or so, but if it is placed too high, near your ceiling, what you will be blowing to the next room initially will essentially be hot air.  i'd say a few feet away from the top of your room, but high enough so that it wont be touched by kids, will be ok. 
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 09:18:05 pm »
to my understanding and Inverter type consumes less power than standard/non-inverter type aircons? tama ba?

wickedsaint

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 11
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 10:47:08 pm »
decide ka muna kung ano brand gusto mo, choose inverter type, it consumes about 30% less power, and the most important thing pag nakapili ka na ng brand, sabihin mo sa kanila papa survey mo muna sa kanila yung place mo para sila na mag compute ng heat load ng place mo..usually free lang ang survey o binabawas sa installation cost..

rodeo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 21
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 08:51:11 am »
basta po stay away sa idec na brand, based sa experience ko mura nga pero within a year ilang beses bumigay.

so far sa patibayan yun carrier na gamit namin sa office ang pinaka matibay for almost 4 months walang patayan 24 hours tumatakbo di man lang nagluko.

agent xxx

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • to see is to belive,what u get is what u seek
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 09:08:31 am »
to my understanding and Inverter type consumes less power than standard/non-inverter type aircons? tama ba?

yup tama yun TS...to give you more idea marami kasing klase pwede mo bilhin  kung gusto mo isabit lng s pader o ikabit s ceiling mismo ung unit,pero kung medyo may budget ka yung ceiling cassette type na bilhin mo medyo maganda yung design at pagdating naman sa brand ng unit ang bibilhin mo i suggest DAIKIN TS sa dami ng install namin na unit wala kame naging problema dito kesa sa mga LG na unit.
" on d way to the top take a partner who knows d way up "