Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Secret to long life:Porridge and No Men  (Read 10893 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Secret to long life:Porridge and No Men
« on: January 22, 2015, 04:16:44 am »

Jessie Gallan, the oldest woman in Scotland, celebrated her 109th birthday on January 2. Gallan was born on a farm, in a tiny two-room cottage, and then went on to work at a hotel that was visited by the Queen and the Queen Mother during her time on staff there. Her tip to lead such a long, healthy life has nothing to do with gym or anti-aging cream.

She told the Daily Mail, ''My secret to a long life has been staying away from men. They're just more trouble than they're worth.'' Oh, and porridge. ''I also made sure that I got plenty of exercise, eat a nice warm bowl of porridge every morning and have never gotten married.''

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAJwZAo1-2s[/youtube]

I won't disagree. Great tip,Jessie!  ::flowers ;D

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:26:53 am by FerminaDaza »

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
Re: Secret to long life:Porridge and No Men
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:46:56 am »
So mag aasawa ka pa fermina? Jokkkee haha
You're not your. This not these. It's not its. We're not were.

Thanks Gat J.P. Rizal for the Arsenal shirt. <3

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:55:40 pm »
Admittedly, a nice warm bowl of porridge is comforting.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 10:36:16 pm »
Admittedly, a nice warm bowl of porridge is comforting.

together with piping hot tea... this have been common staple with very old people...

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 04:24:10 am »
So mag aasawa ka pa fermina? Jokkkee haha

yun lang! :D

We all have our own 'path' to take...I just gonna live my own truth,stick to my own values and conviction. Fo shizzle that's just the way Miss Jessie *choose to live her own life.  Being *honest to ourselves is the first step to live happy and possibly longerrr  ;)

FTT:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=NGrLb6W5YOM&x-yt-cl=84503534[/youtube]

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:34:29 am by FerminaDaza »

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 09:43:26 am »
well who knows mam ferminadaza... maybe you have just not found your soulmate yet...

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 02:53:59 pm »
well who knows mam ferminadaza... maybe you have just not found your soulmate yet...

yun oh! si ako pa! anyare bat ako hang topic  ;D thanks naruto!

Well, My life is not all perfect but Im Happy  :D I'm happy that i get to CHOOSE how to live my life and that's so powerful and liberating as well.

But of course BTDT/been there than that, 'you can't be young and wise' ,especially if you're in your 20's *guaranteed you will screwed up a lot  ;D Now of course im not young and not stuup anymore and been to a lot of "purposeful" kind of relationship and really thanking those experiences(No regrets only love)  ::inlove  Whether I'll be with someone for a "lifetime" relationship, Of course I would love that too.

And speaking of soulhate este Soulmate...Lemme share this inspiring wisdom from my bff Elizabeth Gilbert ::flowers

“People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.

A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master...”

FTT: There's no reason to be alone if you don't want too...Is there any wisdom on being successful yet alone?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:11:01 pm by FerminaDaza »

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 10:04:48 pm »

yun oh! si ako pa! anyare bat ako hang topic  ;D thanks naruto!

Well, My life is not all perfect but Im Happy  :D I'm happy that i get to CHOOSE how to live my life and that's so powerful and liberating as well.

But of course BTDT/been there than that, 'you can't be young and wise' ,especially if you're in your 20's *guaranteed you will screwed up a lot  ;D Now of course im not young and not stuup anymore and been to a lot of "purposeful" kind of relationship and really thanking those experiences(No regrets only love)  ::inlove  Whether I'll be with someone for a "lifetime" relationship, Of course I would love that too.

And speaking of soulhate este Soulmate...Lemme share this inspiring wisdom from my bff Elizabeth Gilbert ::flowers

“People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.

A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master...”

FTT: There's no reason to be alone if you don't want too...Is there any wisdom on being successful yet alone?

The "Diana Zubiri of Arabia" need not fear being alone or lonely. She stands independent and proud.  ;D  :D  ;)  ::flowers
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 05:37:07 am »
The "Diana Zubiri of Arabia" need not fear being alone or lonely. She stands independent and proud.  ;D  :D  ;)  ::flowers ya, whatever. i'll just date myself.I'm so done w insecurities.Im effing amazing!  laffman:: 

see? am happy coz i have a GREAT friend who make me feel great! @BAZ ;D

To those who wishes to be w someone 'till death do u part' :

In general marriage is a personal (or even religous *decision to make).Just know that nothing affects the quality of your life  more than WHO you marry.

And visavis if you decide to stay single,it's a human fact and unfortunate truth :Life can sometimes be kind of lonely.