Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: "french kiss" finally enters french dictionay #FYI  (Read 1258 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
"french kiss" finally enters french dictionay #FYI
« on: May 31, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »

"What do the French call French kissing?" is a question you might ask if you think you're extremely clever. The answer, until today, was literally nothing. There was no French word for it. Just like in 1984, the French were denied knowledge of the concept via their inability to name it. Until today, amorous French people would rub their moustaches together or spit red wine into each other's mouths as a means of expressing affection.

The French have finally added a word to the dictionary to describe their most famous expression of l’amour: the French kiss. The Petit Robert 2014 French dictionary added the verb “galocher,” which means to kiss with tongues. Previously, the French described French kissing literally, as in “kissing at length in the mouth,” the dictionary’s publisher explained. What a mouthful! Instead “galocher” will explain the amorous smooches, which take their name after the word for “ice skate,” as someone seems to think French kissing are like tongues sliding around the ice. It sounds much more elegant than in real life.

Makes you wonder what took them so long?

Now...who wants some galocher?   :P  :-* ;D

ynot?

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: "french kiss" finally enters french dictionay #FYI
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:47:14 pm »
galocher?. Hahaha. A nice word to say to women. "Bigyan kita ng galocher. Gusto mo?"
Hahaha. Tnx for the share ms.FD.
ndagdagan nnman vocabulary q..  ;D ;D

dambodoy

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
Re: "french kiss" finally enters french dictionay #FYI
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 08:01:35 pm »
Makes you wonder what took them so long?

Now...who wants some galocher?     

Gusto mo TS? hehe.  ::inlove ::inlove ::inlove
People have the right to be stupid. Some people abuse that privilege.