Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: VIRUS ON AN INTERNET!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!  (Read 1467 times)

CYBERJOE

• this is the time to reveal the truth.........
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • TIME IS LOSSING.................
VIRUS ON AN INTERNET!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!
« on: April 14, 2007, 07:44:43 pm »
Consumer alert: Massive virus outbreak

A huge virus surge of a new Storm Worm variant is flooding e-mail inboxes and evading many antivirus programs. In my tests of 31 programs, only four reported a virus.

Postini , an e-mail security company, says that over the last 24 hours it has seen about 55 million virus e-mails, about 60 times the daily average. The first e-mails had romance-themed subjects: "A kiss so gentle," or "I dream of you," for instance. The latest batch attempts to fool readers--with subjects like "Worm Alert!" or "Virus Alert!"--into thinking they are already infected and need to apply a supplied patch--an attached virus.

We received one such virus e-mail here at PC World, titled "Worm Alert!" The e-mail included a text message embedded in an image, which makes it easier to evade antispam tools. The attachment was a password-protected archive named 'patch-7594.zip,' with the password contained in the image's text.

Outwitting antivirus

At 2:30 p.m. I uploaded the attachment to Virustotal.com , which uses many different antivirus programs to scan uploads. Of 31 programs, only 4-- ClamAV , eSafe, Kaspersky , and Symantec --reported a virus.

According to Postini, double-clicking the attachment unleashes a succession of modern malware attack methods. First, a rootkit will attempt to hide the malware from both human and antivirus scans. Then the worm will attempt to disable antivirus programs. Next, the worm connects to a custom peer-to-peer network used by the worm's creators to issue commands. Those commands might be to download additional malware, send spam, or transmit personal data stolen from the victim computer.

Finally, to spread itself further, the worm searches for e-mail addresses on the victim machine and sends itself to any discovered addresses. The worm is self-mutating, according to Postini, changing e-mail subject lines, attachment file names, and malware characteristics in order to evade antivirus and antispam programs.

Cloudmark, another e-mail security company, says it sees similar outbreak numbers. Today's flood is ten times as large as one this past Sunday, which also involved the virulent Storm Worm.

A growing storm

First seen in January, the Storm Worm was originally named for subject lines such as "230 dead as storm batters europe." It created its own virtual storm with 42,000 different variants over a 12-day period, according to security company Commtouch . The huge number of variations was meant to confound traditional signature-based antivirus protection, which must know about each variant to protect against it.

To stay safe from today's ongoing worm surge, exercise extreme caution with any unexpected e-mail attachments, even if they seem to come from someone you know. Also, be sure your antivirus software is up-to-date. Though most antivirus programs are currently missing at least some of the variants, the companies will update their signatures as the attack progresses.

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• can2terorist PARACETAMOD MEDJAKOL
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Basta count to ten laang ng count to ten
Re: VIRUS ON AN INTERNET!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 08:36:13 pm »
wow!!! another breakthrough nnman ng mga cyber terrorist! tsk tsk...

================

ADD INFO:

Storm Worm

Virus:   Storm Worm.

Example:   [Collected via e-mail, 2007]

Subj: 230 dead as storm batters Europe

Attachment: video.exe

Origins:   The "Storm Worm" (so named because the spam e-mail messages that carried it commonly bore the subject line "230 dead as storm batters Europe") began hitting computers around the world in mid-January 2007. The malicious payload it carries (which may be one of several, including Trojan.Peacomm or Win32.Small.DAM, a variant of Win32.Small) affects most Windows-based platforms (i.e., Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP) and is spread as an attachment to e-mail messages, one that installs a Trojan horse onto the message recipient's computer.

The Storm Worm may arrive in a message with any of the following subject lines (intended to lure the recipient into reading the message by offering a political headline of great interest):

* 230 dead as storm batters Europe.
    * A killer at 11, he's free at 21 and...
    * British Muslims Genocide
    * Naked teens attack home director.
    * U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has kicked German Chancellor Angela Merkel
    * Russian missle shot down Chinese satellite
    * Russian missle shot down USA aircraft
    * Russian missle shot down USA satellite
    * Chinese missile shot down USA aircraft
    * Chinese missile shot down USA satellite
    * Sadam Hussein alive!
    * Sadam Hussein safe and sound!
    * Radical Muslim drinking enemies' blood.
    * U.S. Southwest braces for another winter blast. More then 1000 people are dead.
    * Venezuelan leader: "Let's the War beginning".
    * Hugo Chavez dead.
    * President of Russia Putin dead.
    * Third World War just have started!.
    * The Supreme Court has been attacked by terrorists. Sen. Mark Dayton dead!.
    * The commander of a U.S. nuclear submarine lunch the rocket by mistake..
    * First Nuclear Act of Terrorism!.
    * So in Love
    * Happy World Religion Day!
    * Most Beautiful Girl
    * Someone at Last
    * I Believe
    * The Dance of Love
    * The Miracle of Love
    * All For You
    * Vacation Love
    * I am Complete
    * Wrapped Up
    * Moonlit Waterfall
    * A Little (sex) Card
    * A Special Kiss
    * Hugging My Pillow
    * Safe and Sound
    * You're Soo kissable
    * A Romantic Place
    * Breakfast in Bed Coupon
    * For You
    * I Love You So
    * Want to Meet?
    * We Are Different
    * We Have Walked
    * You Asked Me Why

The attachment filename may be any of the following:

* Full Clip.exe
    * Full Story.exe
    * Read More.exe
    * Video.exe
    * Full Video.exe
    * Full Text.exe
    * Flash Postcard.exe

Additional information on the Storm Worm (including disinfection/removal instructions) may be found at F-Secure.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 08:38:55 pm by -Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢- »
Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

yobibs

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 09:03:13 pm »
 Thank you very much for all the info.  Very helpful .... pokepoint::

Van Wilder

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • MVP
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 10:04:36 pm »
TY sa info. Nbsa ko na to sa Wilders.

King Cleavage "KC"

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 21
  • I Am The Ultimate ASF & EB Babes Spy...
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 10:10:43 pm »
naku.. pag ganyang mga may ".exe" i never do open them really.. kasi alam ko madalas trouble yang mga ganyan lalo na pag sa email galing.. sira na ulo ng mga gumagawa ng ganyang virus.. tsk.. gun::
~~HAZEL ANNE MENDOZA, MAJA SALVADOR, PIA GUANIO, KATRINA HALILI, CHYNNA ORTALEZA, JANELLE JAMER, LJ REYES, ANGEL LOCSIN~~... ahhh... putukan na!! ang sasarap ng mga yan.. shettt!!!!

aktibista

• REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 30
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 02:39:57 am »
tnx sa info makakatulong to ng malaki  smoking::

el cabronâ„¢

• Reigning Metalhead
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
  • GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 02:41:35 am »
slamat sa ninfo mga bros!langya cla noh?  ;)

Y O U R   U L T I M A T E     S O U R C E     O F     E V E R Y T H I N G     B R U T A L     I N     M E T A L!!!