Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Bangsamoro: Blunder of Aquino, Deles and Ferrer  (Read 9606 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
Bangsamoro: Blunder of Aquino, Deles and Ferrer
« on: January 11, 2016, 03:24:59 am »

ISIS sympathizers training ground in Sulu and Basilan

BY MIYAKO IZABEL

A couple of years ago when the Philippine government was vigorously negotiating and noisily pushing for Bangsamoro, I became an active member of an ARMM group on Facebook. I made five accounts because I was banned five times. Eventually, I got tired and felt I had said enough about my dispassionate opposition to the politically experimental idea called the Bangsamoro sub-state, which is a political experiment that is myopic, wasteful, and bound to fail.

I was not even interested in the content of the Bangsamoro Basic Law then, although I read a lot of unconstitutional provisions in the bill that would never get the nod of the thinking justices if it would end up in the Supreme Court. I focused and based my arguments on world affairs, Islamic history, ARMM politics, and Moro cultures. I thought Bangsamoro was a useless cause then, and I still think it is useless now. Indeed, it is a waste of time, effort, and taxpayer money.

Do not get me wrong. I believe Filipino Muslims in Mindanao deserve a genuine autonomy, but Bangsamoro is not the solution to the Moro problem and will not usher in peace and order because it does not address Moro tribalism, oligarchy, fundamentalism, monarchy, and anti-Filipinism that divide Mindanaoan Muslims. To me, federalism is the right solution, and dividing Bangsamoro into four autonomous states–Sulu, Basilan, Maguindanao, and Lanao–is better.

I also think, considering the situation in the Middle East and the global spread of ISIS, it is not the right time to talk about Moro political autonomy and to push for a wider Bangsamoro sub-state. The problem in Muslim Mindanao is also religious and global, yet the Philippine government treats it only as a political and national issue. I guess they listen to much to those powerless moderate Filipino Muslims who will be the first to flee when ISIS becomes strong and established in their region.

ISIS is a global phenomenon that is Islamic historically (Muslim Khilafah) and theologically (Muslim Ummah) and can unite fundamentalist, radical Muslims and their active supporters and passive sympathizers all over the world. Its ultimate goal, again, is the fulfillment of Muslim caliphate and Muslim community, which are politically and economically globalist. Even the Sunni governments in the Middle East are ineffective in their responses to ISIS that is run and peopled by Sunnis.

After watching the video released by ISIS about its Filipino members, recruits, supporters, or sympathizers, I thought the moderate Muslims in Mindanao could no longer deny or cover up the existence of ISIS in their neighborhoods. I felt vindicated somehow because I had repeatedly said before that ISIS could make Bangsamoro useless, moot, and academic. Perhaps those argumentative moderate Moros who dismiss the radical ones will now wake up and smell their coffee.

This logical question is simple: why will you give a sub-state autonomy to a Muslim region that is included in the Jihad map of ISIS? I am not questioning the professional credentials of President Aquino, Secretary Deles, and Professor Ferrer but their expensive and dangerous myopic thinking. This is the thing when you have leaders who are not brilliant, and if brilliant, they are too bookish, theoretical, and narrow-minded. They end up wasting government funds.

Lastly, the image of some Christians trying to solve a Muslim problem that even Muslims themselves find it hard to solve is laughable. It also seems to me that they thought of the Bangsamoro sub-state as the solution without really considering the political behavior, tribalist cultures, and religious fervor of Moros. They should really be concerned. The strength of ISIS is not only about arms, terror, oil, and money, but it also includes the Quran, the Hadith, the Sunnah, and the Sira.

http://www.netijourn.com/2016/01/11/bangsamoro-blunder-aquino-deles-ferrer/

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
Re: Bangsamoro: Blunder of Aquino, Deles and Ferrer
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 12:31:15 pm »
agree... the bbl for me also is not the solution for mindanao peace... the government will just be giving more heft and muscle to mindanao if this pushes through... just read the provisions and you will understand the unconstitutionality of the law... find a better solution for both muslims and christians to benefit as one in mindanao...