Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Swedish Police Raid The Pirate Bay And The Site Is Now Offline  (Read 9266 times)

simpleman1225

• I Am A Living Legacy To The Leader Of The Band
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 149
  • Share information so that others can benefit.
Swedish Police Raid The Pirate Bay And The Site Is Now Offline
« on: December 10, 2014, 10:40:44 am »
Kayo ba ay madalas magdownload sa piratebay? Narito ang masamang balita para sa milyong-milyong downloaders ng nasabing site...

Here is the full story from torrentfreak.com

Source: https://torrentfreak.com/swedish-police-raid-the-pirate-bay-site-offline-141209

Police in Sweden carried out a raid in Stockholm today, seizing servers, computers, and other equipment. At the same time The Pirate Bay and several other torrent-related sites disappeared offline. Although no official statement has been made, TF sources confirm action against TPB.

For many years The Pirate Bay has been sailing by the seat of its pants so any downtime is met with concern from its millions of users.

This morning, for the first time in months, The Pirate Bay disappeared offline. A number of concerned users emailed TF for information but at that point technical issues seemed the most likely culprit.

However, over in Sweden authorities have just confirmed that local police carried out a raid in Stockholm this morning as part of an operation to protect intellectual property.

“There has been a crackdown on a server room in Greater Stockholm. This is in connection with violations of copyright law,” read a statement from Paul Pintér, police national coordinator for IP enforcement.

Police are staying quiet on the exact location of the operation and the targets involved but the fact that the national police IP chief is involved at this early stage suggests something sizable.

In addition, expert file-sharing case prosecutor Fredrik Ingblad has commented on the raid, further adding weight to the incident.

“There were a number of police officers and digital forensics experts there. This took place during the morning and continued until this afternoon. Several servers and computers were seized, but I cannot say exactly how many,” Ingblad told SR.

Ingblad would not be drawn on any arrests during the operation but TorrentFreak has learned that police may have detained at least one man connected to the site.

While it seems certain that The Pirate Bay has been targeted today, it was not the only casualty. Several other torrent related sites including EZTV, Zoink, Torrage and the Istole tracker are also down.

Update: The Pirate Bay’s forum Suprbay.org is also offline. The same goes for Bayimg.com and Pastebay.net.

Update: According to the police the raid targeted a data center in Nacka which is built into a “mountain.”
"You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through."

tiberionx

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 29
Re: Swedish Police Raid The Pirate Bay And The Site Is Now Offline
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 10:46:10 am »
lungkot  :(

simpleman1225

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 149
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 12:59:10 pm »
Ang lupit talaga ng "The Pirate Bay". Pagkatapos magsara sa Sweden, nagbukas naman ulit sa Costa Rica ilang oras lang...They're back!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2857735/pirate-site-the-pirate-bay-goes-down-then-sails-for-costa-rica.html

Pirate site The Pirate Bay goes down, then sails for Costa Rica

The original home of The Pirate Bay, probably the Web’s highest-profile site for copyrighted movies, music, and software, is no longer online.

However, at least a placeholder is alive on a Costa Rican domain—though not much more than that.

TorrentFreak first noted the outage. The site’s reporters said that they had received a statement from Paul Pintér, Sweden's police national coordinator for IP enforcement, claiming that there had been a raid on a server room owned by The Pirate Bay at a site in Stockholm.

According to earlier reporting from the site, however, The Pirate Bay had moved to a cloud-based infrastucture that used 21 “virtual servers” controlled by a load balancer. The idea, according to The Pirate Bay, was that the distributed architecture would make it “raid-proof,” as the site could simply be moved from domain to domain. Whether that’s the case or not, time will tell.
"You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through."

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 03:06:31 pm »
Yung .cr hindi pa yun yung official piratebay. Wala pang torrents dun. Yung EZTV nga down din e :(

simpleman1225

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 149
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 03:13:08 pm »
The Pirate Bay is still down... pero for sure babalik pa rin yan...

https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-has-not-been-resurrected-yet-141210/

The Pirate Bay HAS NOT Been Resurrected – YET

The Pirate Bay has been down for less than a day and already the rumor machine is firing on all cylinders. Contrary to several reports in the Sydney Morning Herald and elsewhere, The Pirate Bay has not been resurrected and is not operating under a new domain. Not yet at least.

pirate-crThere hasn’t been this much panic in the file-sharing world since 2006. Back then the cause was a huge police raid that targeted The Pirate Bay in its Swedish homeland. Now, eight years later, it’s deja vu all over again.

As everyone knows by now, yesterday morning Swedish police raided a data center in Nacka, Stockholm. A little time later The Pirate Bay disappeared offline and late last evening anti-piracy group Rights Alliance took responsibility for the complaint that forced the site offline.

In the hours that followed dozens of news reports appeared, most of which accurately reported the facts so far. However, several outlets, Sydney Morning Herald included, reported overnight that The Pirate Bay was in the process of being resurrected at a brand new domain.

The domain mentioned in most of the reports is the Costa Rica based ThePirateBay.cr. As can be seen from the screenshot below, it does indeed look like The Pirate Bay.