Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Attention Halo fans! you can have your own Cortana via windows phone  (Read 1130 times)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
yes, the Windows 8.1 phone will put their own version of Siri , they name her " Cortana "

Microsoft has finally announced when Windows Phone 8.1 will be available to Windows Phone users. The major operating system update will bring, among other things, the Cortana voice-based, Bing-powered virtual assistant. On its support pages, Microsoft lists June 24 as the release date for the Windows Phone 8.1 update, revealing that it will be supported for three years, until July 11, 2017.

“Microsoft will make updates available for the Operating System, including security updates, for a minimum of 36 months after the lifecycle start date,” Microsoft noted. “These updates will be incremental, with each update built on the update that preceded it. Customers need to install each update in order to remain supported. The distribution of these incremental updates may be controlled by the mobile operator or the phone manufacturer from which you purchased your phone, and installation will require that your phone have any prior updates. Update availability will also vary by country, region, and hardware capabilities.”

Windows Phone 8.1 was officially announced in early April at Microsoft’s Build conference, alongside new Nokia Lumia handsets that will launch with Windows Phone 8.1 on board. These videos highlight all the new features in Windows Phone 8.1, including the Cortana virtual assistant.

Source

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
ive been using her since day 1 Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview came out... last April 14

and i just realized right now the irony of me using Cortana hahahaha
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:33:10 pm by MasterChief63 »

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
ive been using her since day 1 Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview came out... last April 14

is it way much better than Siri?

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
is it way much better than Siri?

its in BETA so i cant say its far better, it has some parts better than SIRI or Google Now but it still lacking a bit

for Voice controls on your phone its excellent such as turing wifi on/off or launching apps, for searches it does fine since it uses BING, its no Google but it does the job

for texting (in English) its awesome, for specific reminders it shines

for Apps, devs can make actually voice commands be executed within apps if the wanted

its feels far more organic than Siri or G-Now, theres far more interaction and this is just in BETA, i cant wait what more they could do with it

ang gusto ko lang sana may Always Listening functionality like the Moto X