Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Dustin Hoffman explaining something what every woman already experienced  (Read 1372 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Back in the day, for those of you,me,younger folk, Dustin Hoffman made a movie called "Tootsie." It was a hilarious and touching movie about an actor who can't get a gig, decides to become a woman to see if it helps, and scores a role on a soap opera. Hilarity ensued. But it was more than just a comedy...

In an AFI interview from late 2012 that’s just starting to gain some traction now, in the summer doldrums, Dustin Hoffman talked about how, when he was first made-up as Dorothy Michaels during his preliminary preparations for Tootsie, he had a revelation about the unreasonable expectations our society has for female beauty when the make-up wizards crafting his costume told him they couldn’t make him a “prettier” woman. Hoffman went home, his gender paradigm shattered, and decided that making Tootise would be a really important thing to do.

This is so touching. A man feeling what it's like from a woman's perspective .  tissueplease::

thanks Dustin  ::flowers