Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: NBA Finals 2013 SAS vs MIA; totoo o manipulado?  (Read 4372 times)

metz

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
Re: NBA Finals 2013 SAS vs MIA; totoo o manipulado?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 03:27:25 am »
Kung Heat fan ka 'yan ang makikita mo. Hindi mo makikita ang mga flop nila at mga foul na hindi tinawag sa kanila.

kitang kita ko kaso lang mas madami sa Spurs muntik na nga sila manalo eh kaso lang may karma talaga sa huli.

freezingfire13

• Freezing Flares to Burning Glaciers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 20
  • My FIRE burst to FREEZE and not to BURN
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 07:58:53 am »
Money speaks everything.Whether referees get instructions from Stern or a bigger organization is behind it. TV Ads,ticket sales etc. are only a fraction on how a supposed sports game could be manipulated.Manipulated in a sense that coaches of both teams are involved.Who? of course by the higher ups which is the league.

possible na mangyari sir, well im a fan of the both team... usapusapan  lang naman po sir wag po mainit ang ulo ah? kung talagang keen observer po kayo may mapapansin kayong ali, and sabi nga po money speaks. parehas pong magaling ang dalawang team pero i think game 7 will prove who's the best. minsan kasi nadadala tayo sa ganda ng drama kaya di na natin napapansin ang mga flaws ng isang show. but anyway goodluck sa dalawang team!

My FIRE burst to FREEZE and not to BURN

• Don One
  • Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 03:29:26 pm »
Mas maniniwala pa ako kung sasabihin na nagbebenta ng laro si ganitong player lalo na locally..my Dad used to say si Mon Fernandez daw nuon nagbebebenta ng laro..sa local collegiate leagues nagkaroon pa nga ng investigation...may nabaril pa nga dahil sa game fixing.Pero NBA finals MANIPULADO?napakagaling nman ng direcktor nito talo pa si Lucas at Spielberg laffman:: laffman::

• Don One
  • Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 03:41:41 pm »
Eto sample ng game fixing...

Stakes reach P300M in varsity hoops

By Francis Ochoa, Jasmine W. Payo, Cedelf P. Tupas, Inquirer Sports Staff
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 03:14:00 07/06/2009

(First of four parts)

MANILA, Philippines—A man wearing a red shirt and slippers sneaked behind Marnel “Mac” Baracael outside the Far Eastern University campus on Morayta Street and fired two shots to his back.

The assailant calmly unscrewed the silencer from the barrel of his gun, put the weapon in his backpack and melted in the evening rush hour at Manila’s University Belt.

Baracael, a rising star in the FEU basketball team, fell bloodied.

The 6-foot-3 forward survived the attack—one bullet barely missed his heart—but the shooting, in a flash, blew the lid off a lucrative game-fixing operation that has sullied what otherwise had been seen as a pristine world of college basketball.

As much as P300 million changed hands in recent years in each season of the Universities Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), officials say.

All of a sudden, the vibrant world of varsity basketball, which used to be decked with bright school colors and lively chants, has become a bleak, mute arena of paranoia.

Players, who used to be surrounded by cheerleaders and team mascots, were shielded by a phalanx of bodyguards from swooning admirers.

At least three schools are known to have tightened their watch on their players: FEU, University of the East and Ateneo de Manila University.

“There was heightened security [after the Baracael attack],” said Brenn Perez, the UE representative to the UAAP board. “We had to monitor [our athletes] because the incident just happened in our area. We did not want [what happened to Baracael] to happen to our players.”

All about gambling

And even before the shock over the brazen attack on Baracael had worn off, the college basketball world was stunned by what appeared to be the motive behind the shooting. The ugly spawn of gambling has reared its head in varsity basketball.

“Of course, it was about game fixing,” said Ateneo athletic director Ricky Palou. “What else could it be?”

And suddenly, people were asking: Had gambling and game fixing—the art of influencing the outcome of a game through underhanded means—indeed infiltrated the amateur ranks? If so, to what extent?

The Inquirer sought to dig into the accusations to find out just how deep gambling had penetrated varsity hoops and what is being done to counter its ill effects. The answers to these questions were both startling and disturbing.

“The last two to three years, people were saying that P200 to P300 million in bets were going around,” Palou said.

“There’s at least P60 to 80 thousand reserved for players. More for referees. Put it this way, what’s P100,000 if millions are at stake?”

Even officials are fearful

Speaking to school officials and sources who refused to be identified because they either feared for their safety or were not cleared by their superiors to discuss the matter, the Inquirer learned that: Game fixing, which includes such machinations as point shaving, has caught up in the UAAP and the NCAA; the money involved reaches hundreds of millions; and both collegiate athletic organizations are helpless in their bid to stop the illegal activities.

The Baracael incident, however, may force the organizations, who are duty-bound to protect their student athletes, to start a collective move to solve the problem.

If there’s one thing the incident did, it was to bring the problem of game fixing and gambling out of hushed conversations and into the open.

“The initial reaction [at De La Salle University] was how violent already [gambling] is,” said Bro. Bernie Oca, vice chancellor for La Sallian mission and external relations. “These people (gamblers) are not afraid to use violence to make a statement.”

Can of worms

The first time game fixing was linked to the attack on Baracael was in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, when four sources separately told the Inquirer that a gambling deal gone wrong was the motive.

“Baracael squealed on the players involved in the scam,” said a team official days after the attack last year. “The people behind the scam got even with him. [The attack] was meant to silence him.”

A current national pool member, Baracael, in a television interview, refused to say game fixing had anything to do with the attack. But he did not dispel it completely: “It’s possible, I cannot say,” he told investigators then. “I don’t have any enemies.”
Baracael, 24, has since remained mum on the shooting, choosing to move on with his basketball career. But the can of worms has been opened.

FEU has attempted to distance the shooting from game fixing.

Coach Glenn Capacio has maintained that no motive had been established by the police yet. And the police could not authoritatively say that game fixing indeed was the motive.

‘It’s sad’

FEU had initially begged off from taking part in the Inquirer probe as it was preparing to host this year’s UAAP season, but FEU’s Anton Montinola, the UAAP’s current president, admitted last week in a sports forum that game fixing was a real problem in amateur hoops.

“It’s sad,” Montinola said. “This is just college basketball and I don’t see why these people (gamblers) should meddle in our affairs.”

But as a collegial body, the UAAP has taken no specific action to deal with the problem in spite of the Baracael shooting, leaving it to member schools to address.

“The different schools have to do their part in educating and talking to their players and coaches,” Montinola said.

“We (UAAP board) never tackled this issue comprehensively,” admitted La Salle’s Brother Oca.

“Our meetings are so long, it’s all about business, so these big things are not tackled. Except for that particular special meeting after the shooting. Now that it’s OK again, it’s back to business and preparation for the new season.

“But yes, we should already talk about it,” he added.

Wrong approach

Palou is a staunch advocate of the UAAP board collectively acting on the problem.

According to him, leaving it to the schools to work on the problem independently has proven to be the wrong approach in the past.

When a powerhouse school had actually caught one of its players in a deal with fixers to influence the outcome of a match three years ago, nothing definitive ever came out of it apart from the player getting expelled from the team.

“That’s why I was so mad, because someone was already caught,” Palou said.

“But they didn’t do anything about it. There was money involved and somebody squealed, but they didn’t do anything about it. The school just took the player out of the team not knowing that there were still other players involved who were still in the team.”

The expelled player is now even seeing action in a commercial league.

A former college player, who admitted to introducing a gambling contact to the expelled player, confirmed that there, indeed was another player involved in the deal.

“A contact [of the fixers] approached two players. At first, they said no. Then the contact came back after some time. Soon, the two players agreed. But they were caught [by school officials] because of text messages that were uncovered in one of their cell phones,” the player-source said.

The other player? He was spared any punishment.

freezingfire13

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 20
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 09:33:55 pm »
kung dito nga sa Pilipinas posible bakit magiging imposible sa mas malaking league diba? i am not concluding na totoo siya but what i am saying it is much more possible, sabi ko nga anyare kay MJ diba?

freezingfire13

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 20
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2013, 09:38:23 pm »