Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Question about aids symptoms  (Read 5921 times)

mulatto_76

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
Re: Question about aids symptoms
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 06:10:22 am »
bossing.. AIDS is the result of a HIV infection. AIDS encompasses a whole spectrum of symptoms which are the result of a diminished (very weak) immune response.  In general, a person with AIDS will manifest with a baffling or uncommon medical condition, recurrent illness, and most often, with a evident change in his/her overall well-being.  HIV infection per se, is more covert.  Unless there is a high index of suspicion (such as exposure to an infected person), the symptoms can be usually disregarded as trivial or "simple".. 

nakakapraning pakinggan no?  tama si boss nekro. there are heaps of information that one can get off the internet about HIV/AIDS, but my word of advice is, unless you indulge yourself in a "high-risk" lifestyle e.g. intravenous drug abuse, multiple sexual partners/promiscuity (yes, even with a condom/barrier method, there is ALWAYS a risk), homosexuality (no offence to our co-espiyas who are of such, but studies have shown that there is an increased risk esp. with male homosexuality due to engagement of anal sex), this condition is the LEAST of your worries.

unfortunately, the issue kung sino nanghawa kay sino (or kung sino nauna), is the least of any worries by us physicians.  by the time a person comes to us for treatment, usually nasa beginning na ng AIDS.  but mind you, there is still no mandatory testing for AIDS sa pinas, it is voluntary, and if positive ang result, it HAS to be reported sa DOH (hindi pwede secret).  it is always in hindsight that we try to determine the "index" case (kung saan/kanino nanggaling), but logistically speaking, it is impossible (you cannot force a person to perform an AIDS test kung AYAW nya; and lalo pag sex worker meaning multiple partners na yan)

I read your other thread about cold sores. Yes it is viral, and if it is active (manifesting), please do avoid kissing and oral sex.  It may be treated symptomatically (cold sore cream/ aciclovir), but unfortunately, it is recurrent (pabalik balik).  just try to stay healthy (vitamins, good active lifestyle, good diet, rest) which can decrease the frequency of recurrence of your cold sore.

as i say always to my co-espiyas, if in doubt, seek professional consult with any of my colleagues.  the internet is a rich resource of information, but we need somebody "in the know" to help us sort it out. more power to you!   ;D

tsunee

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 08:27:38 am »
yiiii kisssing?? :(  hinde po ako sexually active. sabi sa net 90% of humans meron HSv hehehe.

Sir haba ng message niyo pero full of info hehe. Salamat po at dumadami KNOWLEDGE ko  finger4u finger4u

mulatto_76

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 04:35:39 pm »
yup... totoo yun. please do avoid kissing (esp sa mga baby at bata). mataas ang infection rate, lalo sa developed country (US, Australia etc.).. sa pinas, i think we dont have any statistics available on infection rates (againg, walang logiscitcs to make studies and research about that) but its prudent to be safe :)  get well soon bro

tsunee

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 10:29:07 pm »
im exposed cold sores Freee haha.

Na alarm lang talaga ako about aids hehe. Badtrip kasing mga SYmptoms yan. Magkakatugma. Hinde po ba kayo nahihirapang mga doctor sa pag diagnose ng mga sakit lalo na kung ALIKE mga symptoms?

Oh well, goodluck sa mga ka espiyas sana walang mag ka aids hehe

mulatto_76

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 04:05:07 am »
mahirap.  una, its uncommon to catch a person in the early stages of AIDS, or even with HIV infection alone. most often, its diagnosed by excluding all other medical conditions that one can consider in a certain case (person).  second, if the peron is not aware, and he/she is afflicted by the syndrome (or infected by HIV virus), breaking the news is probably the most difficult to do. 

honestly i haven't handled any of such, and all the info i am sharing is based on knowledge that we (as MDs) are supposed to know . the closest i came to one was only a "suspected" case, but he wouldn't agree to testing. this person died unfortunately after a year after we saw him.

diagnosis of an illness is not a "trial and error" thing.  Its matter of recognizing the most obvious signs/symptoms, correlating them with the history (progression/onset of symptoms), physical examination.  when MDs request for lab tests, this is often to clinch the diagnosis (not to look for one) and to make sure that all bases are covered.  We usually have a diagnosis in our heads after we talk to you and perform our physical examination.  there are some clinical conditions that are really straightforward, but there are also a lot of "baffling" cases out there.  AIDS diagnosis usually starts out as such. 

in a nutshell, its like Dr. House (if you watch him).. they have something in mind, and go around proving and disproving each other.. the important thing, mind you, is still the patient we treat  ;D

tsunee

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 10:24:26 am »
Yay hands down sa mga MD's hehehe.  finger4u

Ang hirap talaga, mejo OT pero once a patient died with Aids, wala bang airborne effect yung parang zombie haha. Yung mahahawa ka?

Or hinde po ba once ibuburol, ina ambalsa ba yun, yung ina alisan ng dugo yung patay tapos itatapon kahit saan @_@

Hinde ba risky yun to the point na pwede magka outbreak or something @_@ yay im thinking senseless na ata hehe

mulatto_76

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 12:16:15 am »
hahaha... pare dont worry, walang scenario tulad ng 28 days later.

it would be prudent also to inform the "embalsamadors" of the clinical condition. Transmission is still possible kasi contact with blood and organs yan eh.

tsunee

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 01:33:15 am »
Question uli about sa  Aids transmission through sex.

Example, si MR. A ay malibog at mahilig makipag sex at walang sakit like aids, tulo etc.

Naki pag sex siya kay Ms. B, Ms. C, Ms. D up to Ms. X. Sina Ms. B to Ms. X ay clean and walang aids or anu mang sexual disease.

Magkaka aids ba si Mr. A dahil sa kakasex ng paulit ulit kahit malinis siya at ng mga naka Sex niya or gaya nung nabasa ko dati, Magkaka sakit ka lang pag unsafe sex ang ginawa mo sa taong merong HIV ??

gets niyo po ang picture? hehe

mulatto_76

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 08:58:50 am »
hahaha... 25 women :D .. ganito.. in an ideal situation like you say, as long as "malinis" lahat, technically speaking, wala dapat problema with HIV or even common STDs (tulo, chlamydia, genital herpes, syphilis).  but realistically, what are the odds that si Ms. B - Ms. X ay monogamous (meaning si Mr. A lang ang sexual partner nila)? in a harem siguro, pwede.

if you think about it, si Ms B, maaring may ibang partner, si Ms C dalawa ka-talik bukod kay Mr. A, so on and so forth?
parang exponential ang lalabas diba?

so one of the basic tenets in our world today: monogamy (less partners, less odds of contracting an STD, even HIV), IF with multiple sexual partners (>2, and CASUAL sex), ALWAYS use protection (kahit sabihin pa ng partner mo na "CLEAN" siya, and even for anal sex). regular check-ups (if living a "high-risk" lifestyle).

KaMushroom

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 24
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 09:37:46 am »
hindi ba parusa ni God ang aids para sa mga may multiple partner?

nagsearch din ako natawa ako d2

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081119144322AAi5mye

tsunee

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 10:09:54 am »
@mulatto_76

tsunee

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 10:14:20 am »
@mulatto_76

*wtf bat na enter yun @_@*

ok double post T_T

lets assume na monogamous yung girls and si MR. A (aka malibog) lang ang nakipag sex sa madaming clean na babaeng mga yun, walang kaso noh?

So kasalanan ng mga lalakeng nakipag sex dun sa mga ape ba yun? may nabasa po kasi ako dati na nagsimula ang aids dahil sa two na malibog na lalake na naki pag sex sa hayop tapos nakipag sex sa asawa tapos sa iba pang babae at nahawa at kumalat ng kumalat.

I thought kasi, basta madami kang nakakasex kahit clean sila Legitimately, magkakaroon ka ng HIV dahil sa kaka sex @_@  finger4u

popeye1981

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 10:44:28 am »
brother tsunee,

bilib talaga ako about sa curiousity mo about aids and hiv...  Ako  I had unprotected sex but I never had gotten any sickness and disease pero nung nabalitaan ko lately about sa news dito sa Pinas lalo na sa call center agents about HIV ngayon I really have worries that keeps boggling my mind for several months na. I tried to make research on the net.  Takot rin ako magpacheck.  I want to break that feeling.  Kumukuha lang ako ng lakas na magpacheck-up.

qwerty.twelve

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 02:10:09 pm »
I would like to encourage everyone na magpa-checkup. If you weren't able to control your libido one night and decided to go to a espa, sauna, or a psp at hindi ka nahiya nun, baket ka mahihiya sa pagpapa-check ng sarili mo?

For your peace of mind, go out and have yourself tested. Make time so that you can sleep better at night. The paranoia and doubt will only go away once you're confident an expert or test on your blood has been done and you know for a fact that you are negative (hopefully).

I know how you guys feel. Checking the internet for every possible symptom and possible setups - receiving oral, giving oral, torrid kissing, protected vs unprotected chances...etc...the list goes on...move forward and get tested. Just trust and be straight forward with your doctor on how adventurous you were. Don't keep anything. That's what I did and result came back negative. Note though that I never engaged in unprotected sex. Receiving unprotected oral, yes, and I've always received UTI because of it and a recommendation of week's dose of antibiotics. Ever since then, I figured one night of getting oral isn't worth a week's medication.

We can be fools controlled by our groin, but don't be anymore when your life is at stake.

tsunee

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 06:47:04 pm »
yup sir popeye1981, pa check up ka na. its not that im saying positive ka pero para mawala all worries ^^

haha parang ako sinasabihan ng ganito sa mga previous posts >_>

ang pinagkaiba lang, hinde ako sexually active at naging paranoid lang T_T

tama si qwerty.twelve, kwento mo. Kung alam mo lang malilibog mga doctor. Baka tumaob pa ang kwento mo sa kwento niya. Mas malulupit mga sexcapades nila kesa sayo haha.

Sana negative lahat dito sa espiya :( Sana iwasan din unprotected sex.

mulatto_76

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 07:02:09 pm »
tao din naman kaming mga duktor.. nadadapa at nagkakamali.. heheheh  toast::

@tsunee- yung first documented cases ng HIV ay sa USA nung 1980's. napansin ng mga duktor doon na mataas yung incidence ng rare type ng pneumonia.  full blown AIDS na pala nakita nila. and the rest is history. i'm not sure about trans-species transmission of HIV. HIV is specific only to humans. may relative siguro siya sa virus family nya affecting other mammals/primates, but i'm not sure. di namin alam kung saan talaga nanggaling, but we know its around, unfortunately, wala pa cure/vaccine against it.