Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: (Help!)40k multitasking & gaming rig.  (Read 7359 times)

ButtGravy

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
Re: (Help!)40k multitasking & gaming rig.
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 06:11:59 am »
haha! lanya..bakit ba di ako nag online kagabi natambakan tuloy ako ng babasahin.. laffman::

and yeah..medyo nakalimutan ko nga yung HDD sa list ko..

my plan is 2 HDD. 1 320 gb for OS and 1 for storage 1-2 TB - dating seagate user ako at ittry ko nmn and WD caviars

well, kelangan ko rin muna maghintay since hindi pa napapadala yung pera sa pambili. baka this month or next month pa..

i prolly will mod the casing since pogi un for me.

i might overclock my CPU though.

ButtGravy

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 07:26:06 am »
basta bang for the buck items ang hanap ko guys..

i appreciate the suggestion guys..

sa aking paghahanap eto ang nakita ko.

Procie:
Mobo:
RAM:
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB 128Bit GDDR5 P 6,850.00 ( anyone against this one? )
PSU: Modular PSU is a must for me. since gusto ko malinis yung loob ng Casing ko.
Casing:
Monitor:

pwede nyo ba ko ibuo ng intel based RIG since my amd na tayo for comparison purposes lang naman..

how bout those sandy bridge i'5'

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 08:47:43 am »
"Bang for the buck" and "Intel" doesn't go too well in a sentence (for me though  laffman::). But anyway, i think it will roughly cost you 30k for the proc and mobo alone. if your gonna get the 1155 then you better settle to get a P67 board. and they cost a lot, prolly around 12k onwards.

ok yung 5770, but to be honest, i would rather get a better card right now and upgrade much later, than to get a mid range card and upgrade in a few months. I just saw someone today sa TPC selling 2 5850's for 12k. WTF thats like a 5970 for 12k.

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 08:31:15 pm »
im a 5770 user... 2 of them in fact and im very pleased with my twins, going sandy bridge will force you to spend more on CPU and MoBo lowering your budget for everything else

and FYI lang nagrerecall ang intel and manufacturers ng products for some models kasi mukhang may problems yung ilang narealese sa dealers so ingat ingat lang sa pagbili, research well

ButtGravy

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 08:13:27 am »
so what should i do guys? :D Should i wait for a bit longer hanggang dumating yung said budget ko at baka bumaba pa yung price? hay

feeling ko kapos pa yung 40k budget ko sa gusto kong Rig. Di ko kasi pwede galawin yung extra 40k ko pa pambili ko kasi ng Yamaha Mio Soul yun. T_T CoD black ops nakaka atat kang laruin..haha!

One more thing, I've read some blogs about unlocking Phenom II X2 555BE and according to them hindi 100% chance na ma unlock mo yung 2 extra cores. Dahil pwedeng faulty yung 2 cores or hindi.. at may isang nagtanong "How can i be sure  that my Phenom II x2 555BE is unlockable, and their answer is."You cant" I can't take that risk nakakaiyak un..haha! Sigurista kasi ako pag gumastos.

@masterchief - Does that includes Sandy Bridge Procie?

ButtGravy

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 08:24:48 am »
I'm raising my budget to 50k.  ::pampam

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 09:33:18 am »
I do know some people selling sure unlockable cores (and they are brand new, pwede pa nga i test bago mo bilhin) . I'm not saying you take a risk, make sure you buy a sure unlocked one and stable also, TPC is your friend.
Why i suggest these procies and mobo? because they wont depreciate much from their current value, which is already low. so by the time na lumabas na yung bagong tech (at kating kati ka sa upgrade..), mabebenta mo sila not far from their original value, so you only lost a few bucks which is probably worth it anyway ( for me i just think of the losses like im renting the parts all the while i had them, naenjoy mo naman e)

If you really want sandy bridge hindi kita masisisi, ok nga tlga yung performance ng sandy bridge hands down. If i had the money to waste ( waste talaga e noh  laffman:: ) id buy it. Pero ang mentality ko kc jan e, Antayin ko muna bumaba yung presyo and since current game technology will not be able to use up most of these hardware, id rather sit back.

Weigh mo yung options mo, price/performance. Ask yourself, will I even need that MUCH performance? if you do, BUY IT, and never look back. At least you can sleep at night without any regrets.

And yes, research.

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 11:38:46 am »
so what should i do guys? :D Should i wait for a bit longer hanggang dumating yung said budget ko at baka bumaba pa yung price? hay

feeling ko kapos pa yung 40k budget ko sa gusto kong Rig. Di ko kasi pwede galawin yung extra 40k ko pa pambili ko kasi ng Yamaha Mio Soul yun. T_T CoD black ops nakaka atat kang laruin..haha!

One more thing, I've read some blogs about unlocking Phenom II X2 555BE and according to them hindi 100% chance na ma unlock mo yung 2 extra cores. Dahil pwedeng faulty yung 2 cores or hindi.. at may isang nagtanong "How can i be sure  that my Phenom II x2 555BE is unlockable, and their answer is."You cant" I can't take that risk nakakaiyak un..haha! Sigurista kasi ako pag gumastos.

@masterchief - Does that includes Sandy Bridge Procie?

ok kaya i never was into the AMD unlocking is i researched about AMD CPUs last year bago ako bumili ng CPU, Phenom X2/X3 and Athlon X2/X3 cpus are in truth X4s... these were the X4s who for some reason 1 or 2 of the cores could not run the full speed of its intended CPU core speed kaya nila ni-LOCK yung "faulty" cpu core so instead of having to make dedicated 2 and 3 core CPUs for the market AMD save a buttload of money just by sellling those CPUs na locked for a lower price instead of needing to manufacture 2 and 3 core CPUs like intel did(though walang 3 core cpu ang intel) having to manufacture 2 core CPUs on their own

mind you the X2s and X3s are not busted CPU they work fine only locked cores are not up to standards, kaya AMD allowed unlocking was to give users more flexibility and a bit of extra "umph" to the cheaper CPU they bought but as you said UNLOCKED CORES ARE NOT 100% as fast as the rest of the cores in the CPU so they may seem to run well in games (since almost all games are optimized to use 2 cores only) but when it comes to multitasking jobs you will feel the lack of kick from that/those unlocked cores

thats why i opted for the Phenom 2 X4 last year, i wanted all 4 cores to run as fast as they could, and free motherboard eh hehe, i dont know whats cheaper than that

@Intel Recall

sorry hindi ko nabangit na i5s mismo ang Sandy Bridge recall

kornx

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 04:57:04 pm »
for me if maghihintay ka pa ng masmagandang lalabas, forever ka ng maghihintay, dahil paglabas ng bagong spec supermahal na hindi reasonable price nya so gusto mo maghintay para bumababa by then may lalabas na uling masbago so parang gusto mo nanamang hintayin yun kasi masmaganda, etc... just buy whats on the market na hindi over priced ;D

eto para sa akin ok na ok na, nakuhang ko lang itong quote sa RSun site:

Total Price:    P 38,330.00
Processor:AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2Ghz (2-yr wty)    P 6,750.00
Motherboard:Asrock AMD880GM-LE    P 3,050.00
Hard Drives SATA:1TB WD Caviar Green 64MB (2-yr wty)P 2,950.00
Memory Modules:4GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill RipJaws Dual CL9 (2-yr wty)P 2,700.00
Video Cards PCI-E:HIS ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB 128Bit GDDR5P 6,850.00
Casing:NZXT VulcanP 3,380.00
LCD Monitors:Samsung BX2250 21.5 LEDP 10,250.00
Power Supply Units:500W Gigabyte Powerock 80Plus (18-mos wty)P 2,400.00

Please add P500 if the unit is to be assembled.    02/02/11
just my 2cents ;D

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 05:04:06 pm »
I agree that some are defective, but most are just binned just for manufacturing purposes. i have a x4 B55 which i made 24/7 stable on 3.8ghz (not bad for a 3.2 dual core, unlocked to quad, and its on air! and i run it on a sucky CL9 ddr3 1333mhz  laffman::). They dont perform the same with the natural x4s just because they eat much more voltage to make them stable and run at the given speed, some even require a voltage bump just to make them stable to run the quads at stock speeds. Ive ran benchmarks and found no significant differences between the x4 and the B55.

i really was skeptic about it before, but heck I decided to just get one and a mobo just to try it out.

But yeah it all ends up in the luck of the draw. Since you want to be sure and safe get the x4 975 BE its a beast @ 3.6 ghz stock. easily goes to 4 ghz with a decent mobo

for me if maghihintay ka pa ng masmagandang lalabas, forever ka ng maghihintay, dahil paglabas ng bagong spec supermahal na hindi reasonable price nya so gusto mo maghintay para bumababa by then may lalabas na uling masbago so parang gusto mo nanamang hintayin yun kasi masmaganda, etc... just buy whats on the market na hindi over priced ;D

eto para sa akin ok na ok na, nakuhang ko lang itong quote sa RSun site:

Total Price:    P 38,330.00
Processor:AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2Ghz (2-yr wty)    P 6,750.00
Motherboard:Asrock AMD880GM-LE    P 3,050.00
Hard Drives SATA:1TB WD Caviar Green 64MB (2-yr wty)P 2,950.00
Memory Modules:4GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill RipJaws Dual CL9 (2-yr wty)P 2,700.00
Video Cards PCI-E:HIS ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB 128Bit GDDR5P 6,850.00
Casing:NZXT VulcanP 3,380.00
LCD Monitors:Samsung BX2250 21.5 LEDP 10,250.00
Power Supply Units:500W Gigabyte Powerock 80Plus (18-mos wty)P 2,400.00

Please add P500 if the unit is to be assembled.    02/02/11
just my 2cents ;D

toast:: love it!! Vulcan!!

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 05:36:58 pm »
VULCAN FTW!!! hehehehe in 2 days order na ako nag out of stock kasi yung 80mm fan na kailangan ko Feb 4 pa daw restocK

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 06:28:11 pm »
lol we need to make a thread about Vulcan, na hijack nanaman natin yung thread haha.

about dun sa build ni kornx, mag WD Blue ka na lang or yung seagate na 7200.12 1 TB( which is equivalent to the WD Black but with the known issue of being noisy and making clicking noises, again.. luck of the draw )

ButtGravy

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 05:16:56 am »
pa OT: parang astig nitong case na ito.. ano sa tingin nyo?

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/guardian_921_rb

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 05:31:56 am »
maganda nga rin yang guardian basta RB

eto nga pala yung regarding sa sandybridge

http://www.intel.com/consumer/products/processors/chipset.htm?iid=en_US_01_chipset+gg_headline

impacted sata 2 ports sa most 1155 mobos, might inccur data loss over time if you plug them in to those sata 2 ports. so work around is to plug in your hdds to the sata 3 ports while the ODDs to the sata 2 ports.

Theres no firmware fix for this, you have to wait for the new mobo revision and swap it out.

intel sandy bridge...  /facepalm

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 01:21:41 pm »
ok yung motherboard kaya lang 1 PCI-e lang so no possibility of ever having a crossfire or SLI config, anyway magaganda naman na ang mga Radeon 6000 and GTX 400/500 on single vga config, lower models still seem to need to be crossfire to catch up performance wise to the newer models

pa OT: parang astig nitong case na ito.. ano sa tingin nyo?

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/guardian_921_rb

micro ATX ata yung motherboard na nasa specs na binigay sayo, believe me nasubukan ko na mag Mid Tower case sa mATX mobo and its a real waste of space, ive learned that something that looks good isnt always necessarily the bet or the most functional

quote author=babtamisen link=topic=128791.msg1021959#msg1021959 date=1296729116]
maganda nga rin yang guardian basta RB

eto nga pala yung regarding sa sandybridge

http://www.intel.com/consumer/products/processors/chipset.htm?iid=en_US_01_chipset+gg_headline

impacted sata 2 ports sa most 1155 mobos, might inccur data loss over time if you plug them in to those sata 2 ports. so work around is to plug in your hdds to the sata 3 ports while the ODDs to the sata 2 ports.

Theres no firmware fix for this, you have to wait for the new mobo revision and swap it out.

intel sandy bridge...  /facepalm
[/quote]

yan kasi nagmamadaling unahan ang Bulldozer ng AMD kaya nirush a designs ng mga motherboards tsk tsk, pati manufacturers lugi sa recall