Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: [moved] Bakit nga ba ang mga BENILDEANS ay affected sa mga La Salle games...  (Read 6144 times)

mayki

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • awts
Re: Bakit nga ba ang mga BENILDEANS ay affected sa mga La Salle games...
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 12:42:11 am »
It would really help if we remove DLS (De La Salle) in the name of the school. Instead of being DLS-CSB(De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde), it will just plainly be (College of Saint Benilde). Through this, mawawala ang impression na trying hard maging lasalista ang mga Benildean dahil hindi yan totoo. Pero i know some people na ganun na trying hard maging lasalista kahit benildean, one example is yung anak ni Gary V. na magaling sumayaw, sabi niya sa TV e la salle daw sha nagaaral e benildean naman sha. Kaya para sa mga benildean, if you are asked where do you study, go straight to the point and answer with conviction College of Saint Benilde! *Wihtout the la salle" so that they know that we don't live in the shadows of De La Salle University, that we have the right to be proud what we have learned and what we are capable of PEACE  ;)
aza

fangdyne

• My Rig
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
  • NATIC
hmm ang alam ko hindi puwedeng alisin yung DLS sa name eh. same system, same principles, etc. dati nga sa loob ng dlsu ang benilde diba? para sakin mas enjoy ko pa din and proud ako na benilde ako. masaya dito.
MSI p45 neo2
Q6600
Palit 4870 1gb sonic dual edition
hec 550 watts
coolermaster 330
samsung t220
edifier 2.1 speakers
linksys wireless router
20 mins battery backup
1 zalman and 1 artic fan
2.8k/month bayantel dsl plan

popoydulas

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
I'm a graduate of La Salle Main, and currently a law student in Ateneo rockwell. I won't be a hypocrite, it is true brods, mayroon talagang discrimination as between DLSU main and CSB. I sincerely thought that the intensity of the discrimination will dwindle as soon as I graduate. But as it turns out, during my first month at work, whenever people ask me from what school I came from, it was always followed by another question…”Saang La Salle…Taft or Benilde?” Of course, I won’t lie either in saying that I was always adamant in establishing that I came from DLSU, and not otherwise. In fact, even at law school, some professors in the Ateneo will even dare ask us la sallians, “La Salle?! Do you mean the one to your right when you’re headed southbound from Quiapo or the one to your left?” Obviously, in defense to the strange and condescending query, we all proudly said “Yung nasa kanan po.”

I’m not telling these stories to bash around with our brothers from CSB. All that I’m saying is that there is indeed a problem here. I think the De La Salle Admin should finally put its foot down on the issue and resolve this unbelievably unfair stigma bewildering and dividing the communities along Vito Cruz. For one, when I was a freshman at Taft, the Logo on CSB building, that once read “De La Salle University- College of Saint Benilde” was changed by dropping the word “University”, but I really think that the entire “De La Salle” should be dropped altogether so that CSB can incorporate its own identity.

To end, La Salle and CSB should establish their respective identities with vigor and honor.  We pride ourselves in shouting ONE LA SALLE, well I think it’s time that we live this motto more than the annual LS2K event. That apart from the banners of the green archers and the blazers, we each have our fields of excellence. I, for one, know that CSB is exceptionally good in Multimedia and programming courses, and extremely excellent in HRM and culinary courses. I have been reading newspaper articles and am always proud to take note that CSB has been awarded numerous accolades in the field of Hotel Management and Culinary competitions. CSB should focus on these traits and spread the word more by entering into more competitions. After all, it was competition that brought La Salle to where it is today. So be proud to be called Binildeans and you will usher a new era with pride… one that is your very own.

Animo La Salle. In the name of St. John Baptist De La Salle, Live Jesus in our hearts forever, mga ka-espiya.  ::werule

djichi

• Citizen
  • Karma 0
actually i tried both main and csb, nag IE ako sa main pero after two terms lumipat ako ng csb kahit na deans lister ako (sa kadahilanan hindi ko gusto ang pamamalakad ng main at more inclined ako sa arts), heres the point DLSU-main teaches you how to be book smart while DLSU-CSB teaches you how to be street smart. CSB offers courses na kung baga hindi normal sa mga curriculum ng ibang eskwelahan. e.g. Multimedia Arts (meron kameng elective na clay animation hahaha), Production Design tuturaan ka gumawa ng prosthetics, Un HRIM meron sarileng hotel. I mean iba talaga diba? san ka makakita ng school na 3rd term pa lang ng 1st year ay makaka hands on ka na ng real work (it worked for me, part time animator during my 1st year + graphic design ng print ad). Isa pang point pag nanood ka ng NCAA meron ka bang nakikitang estudyante ng CSB na nanood? hindi ba puro Pep Squad lang. Mga CSB students marami pa mas importante sa basketball  ;D

Jann Frost

• Pronmeister
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 143
  • Rough over Mellow
go BENILDE! go Anthea Africa!  :D
gusto ng pinsan ko na mag HRM and i recommend her sa CSB.  ;)

trivium03

pero bakit nga ba nasa benilde kayo at wala sa lasalle greenhills?

sparco

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
ako pagtinatanong ako san ako graduate sinasabi ko CSB po...  ;) id 100 ako bs-hrim course ko, nagrad ako oct 2003.... tanda ko na pala...;D  mga bro anu yung balita nung valentines? hehe chismoso... yun ba yung regarding na naka expedition? ???