Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: CHINA In An Epal Move Again  (Read 2825 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
CHINA In An Epal Move Again
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:09:43 am »
COMMIE MAINLAND CHINA IN AN EPAL MOVE ASKS SOUTH KOREA TO CANCEL POHANG-CLASS MISSILE CORVETTE DONATION

http://www.angmalaya.net/world/2014/08/08/2951-china-asked-sokor-to-cancel-pohang-class-corvette-donation-to-ph-report

“China has strongly protested against the [South Korean] government’s decision to donate a 1,200-ton patrol boat and a landing vessel to the Philippines, it emerged Monday,” reported August 5 by The Chosun Ilbo, one of major news providers in South Korea.
“According to the Foreign Ministry, an official at the Chinese Embassy in Seoul visited the ministry on June 10 after the decision was reported by media and asked for it to be canceled,” it added.
On Philippine side, there is no report of cancellation.
South Korean Defense Minister Kim Kwang-jin told Defense Secretary Voltaire T. Gazmin at a meeting in Seoul last May 30 that Republic of Korea Navy (ROKN) will decommission a Pohang-class corvette (PCC) by year-end and will be donated to the Philippine Navy.
Minister Kim said South Korea’s gesture is a small token compared with the great contribution of Filipino troops during the Korean War.
Pohang-class corvettes, a class of general purpose vessels operated by the Republic of Korea Navy, are equipped with 4 Harpoon missiles, 2 OTO Melara(76mm)/62 compact cannon, 2 Breda 40mm/70 cannon, 6 Mark 46 torpedoes, 12 Mark 9 depth charges. Sensors and processing systems depend on whether it is an ASW or ASUW version.
The said ship is expected to be donated with intact armament and sensors.

image 1 : ROKN Pohang-Class Corvette Gyeongju (PCC-758, comm. 1986) , part of first-4 PCC of ASUW type ships which are armed with two MM-38 Exocet anti-ship missiles via naval-technology.com

image 2 : aerial shot of ROKN Pohang-Class Corvette Mokpo (PCC-759, comm. 1986), part of first-4 PCC of ASUW type ships which are armed with two MM-38 Exocet anti-ship missiles via naval-technology.comwith intact sensors and armamens via pds17.egloos.com

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
Re: CHINA In An Epal Move Again
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:15:31 pm »
That's one ship with missile technology and asw capable,now when the FA50,shore based radars,all purpose frigate,ASM land missiles and others,they will have a diarrhea ::laffman

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 01:52:49 am »
China says they want peace in the Asian region and it's other nations who are making trouble.

I wonder if Congress' Makabayan Bloc will take time off from their busy schedules with regards to impeaching President Aquino to offer a learned comment upon China's statement?
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 01:55:50 am »
China says they want peace in the Asian region and it's other nations who are making trouble.

I wonder if Congress' Makabayan Bloc will take time off from their busy schedules with regards to impeaching President Aquino to offer a learned comment upon China's statement?

I agree. I haven't heard any comment from Makabayan bloc or any attempt from them condemning China about their oppression in Spratlys.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 02:56:55 pm »
I agree. I haven't heard any comment from Makabayan bloc or any attempt from them condemning China about their oppression in Spratlys.

Although, as I mentioned in another post, the Makabayan Bloc did hold a protest action at the Chinese embassy and spoke out against Beijing's incursion into our territory.

Of course, I kind of expected that they'd be protesting as often as they do against the U.S. but perhaps that's too much to ask from such busy people. And they are currently preoccupied in Congress with four impeachment cases, after all.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.