Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: BREAKING: Polish-made PAF helicopter in crash landing after Marawi take off  (Read 2072 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..

MANILA - Reports reaching Manila indicated that a Sokol helicopter of the Philippine Air Force (PAF), one of the eight PZL W-3A Sokols ordered from Poland, crashed just after take off in Marawi City on Thursday.

The Philippine Army's 1st Infantry Division Commander, Brig. Gen. Gerardo Barrientos Jr., said the incident happened at around 2:26 p.m. at 103rd Brigade's Camp Ranao.

"Thank God all are safe. They're on their way home now, to Manila, on board another Sokol helicopter," Barrientos told Interaksyon.com in a phone interview.

Capt. Franco Suelto, Spokesman of the 1st Division, pointed out that the helicopter did not crash, per se, but experienced a soft crash landing -- or a technical failure after take-off -- about a kilometer from take off but still within the perimeter of the camp.

The Department of National defense issued the following statement regarding the incident, in part:

"The helicopter was part of the aerial convoy of Defense Secretary Voltaire T. Gazmin and Interior and Local Government Secretary Manuel Roxas III.

"We still have no information on the exact identities of the passengers but we were informed that everyone is safe.

"Both Secretary Gazmin and Secretary Roxas were aboard another helicopter when the incident occurred.

"An investigation will be conducted to determine the cause of this incident."

When contacted on his mobile phone, the 4th ID Commander, Maj. Gen. Ricardo Visaya, said, after the incident: "We're OK now and on board the second Sokol chopper. Don't worry my friend, we're alive and still kicking."

Visaya said some high government officials were in Marawi for a conference over the Mindanao power shortage issue.

According to Barrientos, the pilot of the Sokol suffered a slight foot injury as the result of the rough landing, but the Sokol may have incurred heavy damage.

The helicopter was among the eight brand new aircraft purchased by the Department of National Defense (DND) and PAF from PZL Swidnik based in Poland two years ago.

The aircraft was once lambasted by President Aquino in his state of the nation address when he pointed out that the door gun was blocking the door opening for mounting and dismounting troops in a combat situation.

Another unit was also once the subject of criticisms when it remained stuck for almost a week on the parade ground at Camp Aguinaldo after it lost power while trying to take off.

http://www.interaksyon.com/article/92837/polish-made-paf-helicopter-in-crash-landing-after-marawi-take-off

dweizz

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 35
nakakatawang nakakalungkot... hindi pa tayo binobomba ng tsina bumabagsak na helicopter natin

Belphegor

• You Can't Kill What You Did Not Create.
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 18
"malakas na hangin" daw dahilan kaya bumagsak.
naisip ko, di ba nakapag-compensate yung pilot para dun sa malakas na hangin? or hindi sanay dun sa "bagong" chopper?
 ???
Why stand on a silent platform? Fight the War, F*ck the Norm!

wildgang_10

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 18
ilan lang ang choices either pilot error, mechanical or weather condition.

kaunti na nga lang yung chopper natin nabawasan pa ng isa.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
there's a joke that i  hear from my Military friend

He will say " raise your hand if you experience an helicopter crash " they will raise their hands up then the one who ask will say " then were all good then "  laffman::

anyways i don't think Helicopters have black boxes , it's the only way to find the truth what really happen

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out

"Both Secretary Gazmin and Secretary Roxas were aboard another helicopter when the incident occurred.

sayang naman.. muntikan na.. :D
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"