Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Russia negotiating military deal with PH  (Read 1773 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
Russia negotiating military deal with PH
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:47:00 am »

http://www.tempo.com.ph/2014/07/russia-negotiating-military-deal-with-ph/

Russia is currently negotiating an agreement of technical military cooperation with the Philippines amid brewing tensions in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) between Manila and Beijing.

“We fully understand the problems Philippines has to face with its huge maritime border,” the visiting Deputy Director of Russia’s Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation, Konstantin Biryulin, told Manila Bulletin in an exclusive interview Friday. “We have similar problems in Russia and we know how to tackle them. That’s why we have a proposal regarding equipments which could help in controlling those areas.”

Aside from finding ways of economic cooperation and further development of Russian-Philippine relations, Biryulin said one of the purposes of his visit is to negotiate military technical cooperation with the Department of National Defense (DND). Such cooperation may include, in particular, Russian sale of military hardware.

“Unfortunately our attempt has not yet brought any fruitful and desirable result,” he noted. Russia has in fact earlier bided for the supply of fighter jets to the Philippines, a contract bagged by a Korean firm.

According to Biryulin, both sides have agreed to hold another round of consultations on military cooperation in Russia so that they could “adjust our position.”

“We need to consider the opinion of different Russian agencies because the scope of responsibilities of your DND is much wider than the Russian ministry of defense,” he pointed out. “Because here for example, you also tackle the issue of emergency response.”

He said military equipment that Russia could consider offering to the Philippines include “supplies of radar stations and means of intercepting and destruction of violators.” (Roy C. Mabasa)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: Russia negotiating military deal with PH
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 10:57:38 am »
i dont think so , everyone knew that Russia and China has a good relationship

Japan , South Korea and Philippines are the only Country in Asia who has a strong relationship with Uncle Sam

plus the fact that this came out at this moment where US says that the Russians did shot that Airplane , I think they just wanted to get our land for them to build an FOB in South East

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 11:37:20 am »
me too i don't trust this deal. Using their technology would expose us to china. China mastered this type of technology as they are using Russians so China knows the strengths and weaknesses of this already. Alam na nila paano ito pabagsakin... tsk tsk

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 11:39:34 am »
then it will be more BS if our Government agree on this  ::lmao

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 11:41:24 am »
I just hope DND will not be persuaded by their offer. I heard the next negotiation will be held in Russia. Hindi kasi pinansin nang DND ang representative nila nung nag bid tayo for aircrafts as Korea KAI bagged it nung last minute of bidding.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:43:52 am by A7x »

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 12:37:46 pm »
the ONLY REASON Russia still has an Economy is its OIL Reserves, once thats gone game over, they are desperately trying to sell off OLD COLD WAR toys to get money to fund Vlad's Ego

nivek_nayr

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 19
  • jason bourne
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 11:56:27 pm »
NAZIputin

freeyourmind

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 88
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 03:16:17 am »
what the heck? pag ipunan nlng natin ang west military equipments.