Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Good to know things: Proper trigger finger  (Read 2734 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
Good to know things: Proper trigger finger
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:39:24 am »

Don't forget the cardinal rules of gun safety. Happy shooting!!

-A7x

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: Good to know things: Proper trigger finger
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 04:07:44 pm »
it depends on the pistol you were using

i use a magnum .357 and i use the one on the center ( picture ) or the crest of my finger because the trigger is heavy , you can use the tip of your finger when your shooting a 1911 or a rifle

a semi automatic pistol like the glock , you can use the pad of your finger ( shown on the left side of the picture )

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:18:48 pm »
And I, when shooting my 45 use the one on the right.  Light trigger pull, hence I use the tip of my finger.  When shooting rifles, it is a bit a mix or in between the right and left picture. 

Where do you guys shoot?  Range?  Anyone shooting rifles on a range?   
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 09:14:25 pm »
local shooting range here in the Bay Area it's about 5-6 miles away from my home

its an indoor / outdoor range

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:49:52 pm »
local shooting range here in the Bay Area it's about 5-6 miles away from my home

its an indoor / outdoor range

Amico, this is off-topic but what's a good pistol for a first-time target shooter, particularly if she happens to be within the height range that you like?

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 12:23:50 am »
Amico, this is off-topic but what's a good pistol for a first-time target shooter, particularly if she happens to be within the height range that you like?

::lmao to be honest i have no idea señior , i saw girls at the range sometimes who are Petit and small shooting high Caliber guns

smoking:: and i even saw this sexy "rack bottom" ( if you know what i mean ) girl shooting an m4a1 at the range and I was staring at her when she's shooting then she notice i was looking at her and it scare the sh*t out of me , good thing automatic or rapid fire are illegal in California  laffman::

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 01:19:10 am »
kenji, its such an envy that you live near such a shooting range.  Would love to shoot my rifles more often.

BAZ, you really cant generalize as to what caliber, firearm type one should try out based on frame.  Ive seen women handle a full-size 45 and shoot great shots.  Ive seen women shoot 9mm and lower calibers and still shoot poorly. Id say go to a firing range that offer rental guns for her to try out the different flavors.  At a minumum, she should have a proper grip with the gun she should try to shoot.  As to the caliber, let her experience them first, and decide later.
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 02:23:33 am »
kenji, its such an envy that you live near such a shooting range.  Would love to shoot my rifles more often.

why bro? saan ka ba? and how far is the range from your home?

my dream caliber to shoot is a .408 which is use in a Cheytac m200 Anti Material Sniper rifle  smoking:: i saw one once on a gun store and it's like a love story

it's the sniper rifle used in Mark Wahlberg's movie "Shooter"

freakin' Mark Wahlberg always uses the best sniper rifle in the movie  smoking:: he did use a Mk11 mod 0 in the Movie Lone Survivor

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 05:44:31 am »
You can say the one nearest can only accommodate a pistol.  I did shoot there a couple of times and stopped visiting that place then when a lead particle came bouncing back and grazed my foot.  Talk about range safety.  I know it can't me avoided but it seems the range design didn't consider that problem. 

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 05:46:46 am »
Bdw, that is one sweet sniper rifle.  I only have my hand on an m14, etc, however, I can have an access to a 50 cal, but, that is too humongous and cumbersome to be digging up and bringing to the range!

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 08:12:35 am »
yeah it is a sweet snipet rifle and the price is nice too  ::lmao

a bullet near your feet? dang! did it go ricochet and land in your foot?

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 08:26:41 am »
Actually it hit a board in front of me and hit my pants before hitting my shoes.  Good thing it doesn't have enough punch in it!  Bad experience in a firing range, hence iwas ako dun sa lugar na yun.