Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: help me build the best gaming RIG right now  (Read 11996 times)

chirick

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • sharingan
help me build the best gaming RIG right now
« on: May 09, 2016, 10:23:24 am »
hi Guys, I'm trying to build the best gaming rig possible which can last for 5yrs and can still cope up with the latest games that time. please don't bother the budget, only 1 screen is enough. I usually play MOBA games like dota 2 and just Hearthstone - but would still like to try high end games of course - parang maganda yung Dark Souls.

Can I ask for your thoughts ? I'm just starting my research right now, and yes I'm googling the same thing but if you know something that could be released in the next few days, that would be much helpful. Baka kasi may mga parts na irerelease in the next few days and mas wise mag hintay para ma max yung specs.

At  sana yung pwedeng mabili dyan lng sa Gilmore.

Help please thanks :)

poor gnome. T_T

ace

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Citizen
  • Karma 1
Re: help me build the best gaming RIG right now
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 11:08:44 am »
Hintayin mo sir yung release ng Pascal gtx 1080 by the end of May. Pair it with an i7 6700k and you are all set.

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 11:10:41 am »
pasilip na din ng mag suggest sayo ts... planning on building one also... :)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 01:36:00 pm »
we need to know your budget first , kung hanggang saan yung limit mo

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 09:24:38 pm »
im gonna wait for ZEN and POLARIS before drinking the Intel/Nvidia Koolaid  ::laffman

chirick

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • sharingan
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 09:29:14 pm »
we need to know your budget first , kung hanggang saan yung limit mo

150K I guess? but just the CPU - I already have a monitor and smart TV's naman

poor gnome. T_T

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 01:19:54 am »
150k? in that case get the i7-5960x (8 cores, 16 threads), that will definitely be good enough for 5 years minimum. or if you cannot find it anymore, go for a xeon e7 (the lowest one is basically like an i7 but without graphics so should be cooler). both proc and mobo should set you back by about 70k (i.e. asus rampage v extreme x99 and i7-5960x)

the remaining 80k you can go for
500GB SSD - 10k
2TB Sata - 4k
GTX 1080 - 27k (600USD SRP converted to 45:1 php)
Seasonic platinum 1050W - 11k
casing (lets assume you get the high end ones) - 10k
64GB RAM DDR4 3000  (4x16GB kit) - 20k

total = 152K more or less (you can probably get better deals and be able to upgrade some items (i.e. from 512GB to 1TB SSD)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:26:16 am by bodieph »

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 03:38:39 am »
At what resolutions do you intend to play? Depending on that you may need 2 or more graphics card. Wait for the new NVIDIA GPUs. This month ata ang release nun.

Also, i doubt there will ever be a set up that can last a good 5yrs. There will always be newer and better products and requirments will only go higher and higher. in 5yrs time I doubt that you will still be satisfied with what you have.

So, my advice is to save your money.. go for highend hardware if you can afford it but dont go over the top.. 2-3yrs down the road, when your rig is starting to show its age, build another rig from the money you saved. That way you will always have the latest and greatest. With 150k , you can use half of that to build a pretty highend gaming machine already. Use the other half for a new build after 3yrs and be happy all the time..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:40:56 am by tigerwing »

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 06:55:55 am »
for processors, kayang kaya yan within 5 years. for example, the i7 2700k that was released around 5 yrs ago is still ok to use even with latest games, the more important factor is GPU. and even with an old GPU say the GTX 590 (if memory serves right mga around 2011 din lumabas to), you can still play the latest games (i.e. the division) at decent settings (med to high)

so yes if you invest in the very top of the line hardware today, you should still be able to use it for gaming even after 5 years and it will still have decent performance

yonipspy

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 68
  • screw the screw
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 07:13:01 am »
150k na setup wow  ::uhaw
tapos T1/fiber optic na connection  bnana

150K I guess? but just the CPU - I already have a monitor and smart TV's naman

online 24/7

lawrencium

• oh enzemeng fereen ekew eng tengeng dehelen oh baby♫
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 116
  • oh enzemeng fereen ekew eng tengeng dehelen oh♫
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 08:53:15 am »
palagyan mo ng airconditioning 30mm lang naman yung fittings at pipings nyan yung 1 horsepower tapos papalitadahan mo na para mas pantay

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 11:41:49 am »
whoa... 150k!!!  great specs though....

ninjasipato

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
  • ninja mode >:)
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 02:34:56 pm »
patingin ng picture sir kapag na buo mo na. Good luck with your project  :D

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 06:21:31 pm »
i still wait for the gtx 1080 and 980ti comparison

even thoug gtx1080 is been reveal out to the public , due to nvidia's "marketing strategy" *cough* *cough* gtx 970

tech reviewers are still waiting for their 1080 and 1070 samples from nvidia itself at this moment

they might release 1080ti , and I have a strong faith at Zotac if they release their version of the 1080 and 1070

if your itching to get one a 2 way SLI of the gtx 980ti by zotac amp extreme edition is so over kill

if you could wait a little longer? then i'll wait for a review of the 1080 or wait for the 1080ti

since you have a 150k why not buy vive or an occulus rift too?

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 10:51:18 pm »
for processors, kayang kaya yan within 5 years. for example, the i7 2700k that was released around 5 yrs ago is still ok to use even with latest games, the more important factor is GPU. and even with an old GPU say the GTX 590 (if memory serves right mga around 2011 din lumabas to), you can still play the latest games (i.e. the division) at decent settings (med to high)

so yes if you invest in the very top of the line hardware today, you should still be able to use it for gaming even after 5 years and it will still have decent performance

If youre the type of person who is willing to blow 150k on a gaming machine would you really be satisfied with "decent" settings? Most likely he would want to upgrade anyway. Thats my point in not going over the top. Dont spend to much on something you will likely upgrade or replace anyway..

know the games you want to play, build something that will satisfy you and be happy. No need to get the most expensive cpu + 3 graphics card on a ultra high-end motherboard with complex cooling systems. Half of his budget would be enough for a rig that can play the latest games on highest settings already. No need to spend more than needed unless he is after "bragging rights"

If there is one thing I learned from being a PC gamer, its that there is no such thing as "future-proof"

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 11:14:55 pm »
If there is one thing I learned from being a PC gamer, its that there is no such thing as "future-proof"

so true...there is no Future proof in gaming , unless you want a console  laffman:: console last because their game graphics are fix for the current gpu / apu that they have

but PC Master race? nope...

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2016, 11:03:12 am »
so true...there is no Future proof in gaming , unless you want a console  laffman:: console last because their game graphics are fix for the current gpu / apu that they have

but PC Master race? nope...

agree... your best specs will be bettered in just a few months... innovations and improvement is fast particularly with the gpu hardware...