Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: How Razer Plans to make PCs Non-Modular by selling a Modular PC  (Read 953 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
How Razer Plans to make PCs Non-Modular by selling a Modular PC
« on: January 09, 2014, 02:24:51 pm »
meet Project Christine,  Razer plans on using the "Modular" concept from  the original Concept of Phoneblocks by allowing parts to be upgraded or replaced as needed  to make the lifespan of a Smartphone go passed the typical 1 year by introducing "Modules" you can mix and match based on your preferences in what you want to do with your system

heres the thing and i guess its news for Razer: PCs already ARE MODULAR

PCs are the most Modular piece of electronic device on the planet, you can put any part(as long as they were designed to go with each other) on PCs to replace malfunctioning parts or upgrade obsolete parts

RAZER plans to replace MODULAR with the word PROPRIETARY since lets face it they will not allow manufacturers to make modules on their own and parts makers would have to design parts that Razer will be the ones to make since Module Connections will be PROPRIETARY to Razers Specs so making modules in house at Razer would be more cost effective for manufacturers rather than them make their own Modules

the problem with this is that it would be a Niche Market of Modules that have to be made for, so manufacturers are better off making what they make for the general PC owning market than the select few who plan to own this "Modular PC"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOB57QP7Ao8[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:44:11 pm by MasterChief63 »

mikester

• Rockheads
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
Re: How Razer Plans to make PCs Non-Modular by selling a Modular PC
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 05:20:20 pm »
nice idea.

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Re: How Razer Plans to make PCs Non-Modular by selling a Modular PC
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 05:31:53 pm »
nice idea.

if you want to become a Slave for RAZER... YES!