Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Camayan Beach Resort - Subic Bay Freeport  (Read 17470 times)

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
Camayan Beach Resort - Subic Bay Freeport
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:10:12 am »
Camayan Beach Resort - Subic Bay Freeport

We have plans of coming back to Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel because we had a very nice and memorable experience on our 1st vacation there but now i am having second thoughts already as I do not want this to happen to anyone in our family especially to my kids. :(

PLEASE READ... BE WARNED AND SHARE!

As told by Mommy Emily, whose son, Enzo was attacked by jellyfish* while at Camayan Beach Resort & Hotel.
*some say it was a portuguese man of war because of the unusually large welts and stings

1. Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel knows about the presence of jellyfish in their beach but they dont inform their guests about precautionary measures.
2. Their oxygen tank was not ready for the emergency.
3. They did not have a vehicle ready to transport us. As the COO of Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel told me – when you bring your kids to the beach, you know there is a risk. You could imagine how I freaked out with her statement! It was tantamount to saying that I am responsible for the accident of Enzo. More to come on the softskills of their manager and COO.

Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel oxygen tank was not ready. First Aiders had to fill out the little container with water. When asked why it wasnt ready, Camayan Beach Resort, Subic Bay Freeport, said that water in that container cannot be kept long. I say that they should replace the water once they think it is not “good” anymore.

Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel gave one complimentary night for us to recover from our shock …

We were expecting that before we check out, the general manager would come and visit us – check on Enzo. Apparently this wasn’t part of his schedule. I had to ask the receptionist to inform the GM that we would like to see him. He instead called us and explained that he is in a meeting with their COO and CFO.

To cut the story short, Toni, the GM passed me to their COO, Ruby Co .
I spoke to her about the accident and how we were let down by the way they handle it as well as the post-accident. She acknowledged my story with OK. And another cold OK and she went on like this until I stopped talking.

She then said to me “So tell me, what do you still want from us?!”

There was no sympathy in her voice. She talked to me like I was part of Camayan Beach Resort’s operations – that I was reporting to her metrics!

I was offended, shocked with the way she talked with me.

I became very emotional and hysterical. And she kept on talking over me and didn’t acknowledge my pain.

I told the COO of Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel that I want (1) that guests be informed about the presence of jellyfish in the beach – this sinformation on how to protect oneself and the first aid intervention. (2) that their first aid be more reliable and responsive.

And yes, I forgot to share with you, after the accident, Camayan Beach Resort, Subic Bay Freeport did not inform the guests of the presence of a jellyfish in the protected swimming area.
=0=0=0=0=0=

Looking at the pictures makes my heart break. I cannot imagine what friend went through.

If this happens to my kids and then someone asks me “So tell me, what do you still want from us?!”, I just might lose it. I probably would have hit her, with a right hook, right on the face!

I will never, ever bring my families and friends to Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel. Please share this so people will know that they should keep away from that place!

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=386638481419924&set=a.122714224479019.32739.100002213277289&type=1&theater

Full post:
http://www.eventsbyclarice.com/clarice/2012/12/03/boo-to-camayan-beach-resort/

Please delete / lock  if posted

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
Re: Camayan Beach Resort - Subic Bay Freeport
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 06:34:33 am »
ano ngyari sa camayan? I thought they are one of those prestige resort in freeport, damn management. thanks sa info. but id still opt to go here if there's chance haha.

Kayne

• Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 40
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:43:56 am »
Been there 3x pero so far wala pa ako na-experience or heard something similar to this incident. Para sa akin ok lang ang place. Yung ayaw lang namin is bawal magdala ng sariling alcoholic beverage(s) and pag sunset na naglalabasan yung mga monkey tapos namimitik ng mga gamit na maiiwan mo sa may tabing dagat pero may nakalagay naman na warning sign about that.
Eto yung recent shot na kinunan ko sa Camayan pagdating namin.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 01:34:26 pm »
For everyone planning their beach trips for the summer already, here's some worthwhile information to keep in mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jellyfish#Treatment

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2011/12/13/3389985.htm

And while we're on the subject of jellyfish, I seem to recall a segment or a report on GMA-7's Born To Be Wild where a lone box jellyfish was found swimming in the waters off Subic. So always be mindful of your surroundings when frolicking in brine, my fellow Espiyas.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

piningerZ

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:11:00 pm »
I was attacked by a jellyfish when I was a kid.

You really can't blame the resort.  Even if the resort never had a jellyfish sighting,  you can never be 100% sure that it will be jellyfish free.

Sa pic ni Brad Kanye, makikita na may net in place.  Kaso nga lang, maaring may makalusot pa rin.

Ang mali ng Camayan eh dapat ready parati yung first-aid equipment nila.

brochador

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 11:48:48 pm »
awts.. masakit dumale yang type ng jellyfish n ganyan. "salabay" tawag namin jan.. Unlike the sting of a regular jellyfish (yung maliliit lang at maiksi yung tentacles) halos unbearable ung toxin na dala nyan dahil sa haba ng tentacles nya. Me incident pa nga dito sa amin na batang namatay kasi sa private part sya nadale ng tentacles ng salabay.

applick02

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 05:22:06 am »
TS. alam mo kahit manira ka hindi mang yayari yan. open sea kc kaya my mga box jellyfish. and lage sila nag aadvice if my mga na spospot sila. baka matigas lng ang ulo. guys read nio nlng official statement ng camayan. every summer or pag my time nag pupunta ako camayan. yan ang best beach sa SBMA ^_^.

applick02

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 05:25:58 am »
ready lage ang camayan. my first aid sa tabe ng life guard tower. hindi ko pinag tatangol ang camayan kahit tita ko ang COO nila. i dare all of you ka espiya na itry lahat ng beash sa SBMA at i try ang camayan. tgnan natin kung saan kau babalik :D

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 07:10:24 pm »
TS. alam mo kahit manira ka hindi mang yayari yan. open sea kc kaya my mga box jellyfish. and lage sila nag aadvice if my mga na spospot sila. baka matigas lng ang ulo. guys read nio nlng official statement ng camayan. every summer or pag my time nag pupunta ako camayan. yan ang best beach sa SBMA ^_^.

Ako naninira? im just sharing what i saw online. now kung gusto mo pa humirit, dun ka mag reply sa blog site ng nag post nito originally (check the link above).

Namedropping ka pa, tita mo yung COO? who cares pre? anybody can claim na kamag anak si ganito at ganyan....ako nga tatay ko si Bill Gates eh tapos tito ko si Steve Jobs....  laffman::

boytoy2127

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 49
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 08:05:04 pm »
Saw this on Jessica last sunday... Horrific yung nangyari dun sa bata. buti hindi namatay... Accident yung sa jelly fish, ang nakakainis jan, yung treatment ng management dun sa guest na nangangailangan ng tulong,  dapat dinemanda nung guest yan e, para hindi tularan.... Buti na lang hindi ako mahilig mag beach jan sa subic, wala naman kse magandang resort jan. 

Jigo13

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 10:00:03 pm »
Though foreseen accident ang nangyari at di naman kasalanan ng management dahil yung mga jellyfish ay talagang andyan sa dagat, it might be the right thing to do yung first aid at medical attention should be afforded to their guest. Kung di naman kalabisan dapat full expenses paid.

$Money-Talks$

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 15
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 12:08:57 pm »
i thought it was a restaurant. btw stay on topic. why did that happen to him/ to you? u dnt see them coming?