Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Inputs about racechips  (Read 1665 times)

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
Inputs about racechips
« on: April 29, 2013, 02:11:00 am »
any inputs regarding racechip?  will it improve on both power as well as fuel efficiency (meaning give more power as well as better fuel consumption - more kms per liter consumed) or will it give either more power or more fuel efficiency but not both at the same time?

anything regarding such will be highly appreciated - price, dealer info, real-life experience, etc.  thanks.   
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
Re: Inputs about racechips
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 02:51:03 am »
well it depends. There are different kinds of chips available in the market. Depends on what you need it for. There are products like Hondata, Motech, Greddy, Apex-i....all solely for power (well most of them are piggy-back controllers anyway). Right now, the most popular in Manila is RaceChip, thanks to their line of models/brand ambassadress. But i gues this is the chip that gives the balance of both, since it's just more of a ROM kind of chip. Plus most of the vehicles i see in pics are normal everyday cars/SUV and vans.

https://www.facebook.com/RaceChip.Philippines?fref=ts
You might wanna check it out. Who knows, Cyen/Mika...etc etc will help install that in your ECU. hehehe
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 02:54:03 am »
well it depends. There are different kinds of chips available in the market. Depends on what you need it for. There are products like Hondata, Motech, Greddy, Apex-i....all solely for power (well most of them are piggy-back controllers anyway). Right now, the most popular in Manila is RaceChip, thanks to their line of models/brand ambassadress. But i gues this is the chip that gives the balance of both, since it's just more of a ROM kind of chip. Plus most of the vehicles i see in pics are normal everyday cars/SUV and vans.

https://www.facebook.com/RaceChip.Philippines?fref=ts
You might wanna check it out. Who knows, Cyen/Mika...etc etc will help install that in your ECU. hehehe

you got it right with the fb link since i am eyeing "racechip" really.  any inputs about said product?
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 03:10:59 am »
my only input is....They Know How To Choose Their Models. hehehe
But seriously, they haven't had that much installs yet here in the country, so it's also too soon to get feedbacks and results. Check this forum for the local stir on this:

http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel-system-talk-140/racechip-pro-tuning-chip-official-thread-80005/

Or just google search, i found some international forums about this too.

Don't have much experience with things like this that are pre-programmed and will override your computer box. I used to have adjustables and/or a different computer box, either/or.
(Wipe Me Down)

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 03:20:28 am »
thanks typeone.  will have to go dig some more info about this racechip prior to deciding on a go.  but, i really have to see those models that you have been highly recommending.  im sure you have given them a good "tongue-in-check" routine.   ;D

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 03:48:49 am »
just FB search Cyen Lazam (my avatar over to the left), Michanne Kaye Mika Umali, and Jhaszm Malvar, to name a few.

Well anyway goodluck on that...these things are at least 20k each
(Wipe Me Down)

sliv3rqu33n

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 08:08:25 pm »
Ma cocompare ba sa overlocking ng processor ng computer yung pag install ng mga race chip /unichip na available sa market? Meaning pinupush lang nila yung Engine na mag produce ng more power like sa mga CRDI na  turbo eh tinataasan lang yung boost pressure?

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 03:05:01 am »
Ma cocompare ba sa overlocking ng processor ng computer yung pag install ng mga race chip /unichip na available sa market? Meaning pinupush lang nila yung Engine na mag produce ng more power like sa mga CRDI na  turbo eh tinataasan lang yung boost pressure?

in a way, yes.  it all means more power.   :P