Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Sexy words that don’t exist in English,but should ❤️  (Read 2893 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.

Sometimes words aren’t enough to communicate with the object of your affection — English words, that is. In case you aren’t lucky enough to speak 12 languages fluently, here's a compiled love and dating-themed vocabulary list drawn from sources as varied as Tagalog, Dutch, and Inuit. Get over your saudade, indulge in a little cafuné, and you’ll be *queesting in no time.  :D

1. Mamihlapinatapai (Yaghan, Tierra del Fuego): This term, which holds the Guinness World Record for “most succinct word,” means “looking at each other hoping that either will offer to do something which both parties desire but are unwilling to do.”

2. Saudade (Portuguese):
A melancholic nostalgia for someone or something from the past.

3. Tuqburni (Arabic): The literal translation is “You bury me,” referring to a love so deep you can’t imagine living life without your partner.

4. Bakku-shan (Japanese): A girl who’s only attractive when she’s viewed from behind.

5. Forelsket (Norwegian): That intoxicatingly euphoric feeling you experience when you’re first falling in love.

6. Cafuné (Portuguese): The act of running your fingers through your lover’s hair.

7. Paasa (Tagalog): “A person who leads someone on (intentionally or not). Appearing as if they are genuinely interested romantically when they aren’t.”

8. Kummerspeck (German):
Literally translating to “grief bacon,” this delightful word refers to the less-than-delightful excess weight you gain from emotional overeating.

9. Onsra (Boro language of India):
That bittersweet feeling of loving for the last time — in other words, that feeling you get when you know a love won’t last.

10. Gretchenfrage (German):
A question asked for the purpose of finding out someone’s real intentions. First dates are overflowing with Gretchenfrages.

11. La douleur exquise (French):
The excruciating pain that comes from wanting someone you can’t have.

12. Queesting (Dutch): A whole verb dedicated to inviting a lover into your bed for some pillow talk.

13. Oodal (Tamil):
The fake-sulking you do after getting into a lovers’ tiff, usually over something inconsequential. Also see: crocodile tears.

14. Kilig (Tagalog):
The stupid-silly rush you feel immediately after something good happens, especially when it comes to love (like after accidentally bumping into your crush.)

15. Cavoli riscaldati (Italian):
When you attempt to start up a failed relationship or love affair. Also, literally, ‘reheated cabbage.’

OHKAY E.class, am kind of lazy today to post the rest (it's raining here in my place) yahoo!

To find out what other words made the cut, head to The Date Report: 25 Romantic Words That Don't Exist in English But Should

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:51:57 am by FerminaDaza »

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Re: Sexy words that don’t exist in English,but should ❤️
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:03:24 am »
oshashasha -here's the rest :

16. Buksvåger (Swedish) – What you call someone who has had sex with someone you’ve already had sex with.

17. Koi no yokan (Japanese) - It’s not quite love at first sight, but koi no yokan is nevertheless the feeling you get upon meeting someone that love will happen for the two of you, in time.

18. Gigil (Tagalog) – That indescribable, irresistible urge to grab or pinch something or someone super-adorable.

19. Iktsuarpok (Inuit) - The anticipation you feel when you’re waiting for someone to show up at your house.

20. Voorpret (Dutch) - That feeling of excitement you get even before an event actually takes place. Literally translates to “pre-fun.”

21. Retrouvailles (French) - Retrouvailles, or “rediscovery,” refers to the happiness you feel upon reuniting with someone after you’ve been apart for a long time.

22. Razbliuto (Russian) – The (usually sentimental) feeling you have toward someone you used to loved but no longer do.

23. Viraag (Hindi) - The emotional pain of being separated from a loved one.

24. Fensterln (German) – When you have to climb through someone’s window in order to have sex with them without their parents knowing about it.

25. Layogenic (Tagalog) – When someone looks attractive from far away, but, oh, they’re getting closer, oh, never mind.  ;D

TobleRONe

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 123
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 04:04:23 am »

4. Bakku-shan (Japanese): A girl who’s only attractive when she’s viewed from behind.

meron yata sa Filipino nito... TALIKODGENIC  ::laffman

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 04:08:18 am »
sa youtube ko ata napanood yung 20 words na ito

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 02:25:32 pm »
An acquaintance of mine who was studying in Manila a few years back (a Theology major, oddly enough) shared a term that I've been waiting to use or share for quite some time now: "Srdce-pohlcující monstrózní had". Roughly translated from Czech, it means "a monster serpent that devours hearts";D

Learning to laugh at your failed relationships is a good thing, n'est-ce pas, Signora Daza?  laffman::

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 03:59:09 am »

Learning to laugh at your failed relationships is a good thing, n'est-ce pas, Signora Daza?  laffman::

hell to the yeah! That moment when to very lovingly, calmly say:

I loved you while I could. As best as I could. With all I could.
Thank you for you. When I had you.
eff off este Goodluck!

"Srdce-pohlcující monstrózní had" how to pronounce this seigneur? ;D

anyhu, i've got this too sexy swedish words: vill du ligga? ngakk! 

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: Sexy words that don’t exist in English,but should
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 04:36:14 pm »

hell to the yeah! That moment when to very lovingly, calmly say:

I loved you while I could. As best as I could. With all I could.
Thank you for you. When I had you.
eff off este Goodluck!

"Srdce-pohlcující monstrózní had" how to pronounce this seigneur? ;D

anyhu, i've got this too sexy swedish words: vill du ligga? ngakk! 

How the Nilfheim did Mira say this again...phonetically, I think it's "Serd-see-pol-chuwee-chee monstro-shzhnee hawd". I might be mistaken, of course. Czech was never my strong suit when it came to learning languages on the fly.

There are two ways to define "Vill du ligga": one can be taken as an innocent "Will you embrace me?" while the other can take "embrace" as a euphemism for "have sex with", as in "Will you have sex with me?"  ;D
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Re: Sexy words that don’t exist in English,but should
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 01:54:52 am »
How the Nilfheim did Mira say this again...phonetically, I think it's "Serd-see-pol-chuwee-chee monstro-shzhnee hawd". I might be mistaken, of course. Czech was never my strong suit when it came to learning languages on the fly.

There are two ways to define "Vill du ligga": one can be taken as an innocent "Will you embrace me?" while the other can take "embrace" as a euphemism for "have sex with", as in "Will you have sex with me?"  ;D

gracias seigneur! en i prefer the latter meaning of vill....TOINKSSS

un caro abbraccio!