Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Bible VS Science  (Read 14860 times)

CokeZero

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • Im young money
Bible VS Science
« on: February 26, 2013, 06:19:41 am »
Can you guys simply give some opinions? We and my fellow group mates are making a group research and it will be pass next week. Hope you guys can help.
NOTE: for those who can help well be fully appreciated and for those who dont please dont make nonsense comments or anything else. thank you!

Not more than 5 sentences only. I know this site can help!!!!

sajangnim

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • HAR-HAR-HAR
Re: Bible VS Science
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 06:51:09 am »
I often hear the comment, "Science has proved there is no God." Don't ever be bullied by such a statement. Science is completely incapable of proving such a thing.

I'm not saying that because I don't like science, but rather because I know a little about how science works. Science operates on induction. The inductive method entails searching out things in the world and drawing generalized conclusions about those things based on observation. Scientists can only draw conclusions on what they find, not on what they can't find.

Pall-Eren-Mnr

• The Malevolence of Lust knows no bounds.
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • The Human Form of Chaos
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:06:08 am »
science has proven a lot of studied stuff but if you inferred with the complexities of those stuff ranging from the sub-atomic to the cosmic, you'd feel that there was an intelligent design to it because of the massive number of cause and effects each of those stuff have to endure in order for them to be where they are now. the bible may be cryptic at the very best but it also shows how intelligent design worked although in a more readable format. while people may point that a bible may have only been created by men of ancient times or vice versa with science, you can't help but wonder on how it lasted this long. intelligent design maybe ? you'd be the judge.
pick an evil and live with it till the end.

beaverjohn2006

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 187
  • CIA
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:22:48 am »
Can you guys simply give some opinions? We and my fellow group mates are making a group research and it will be pass next week. Hope you guys can help.
NOTE: for those who can help well be fully appreciated and for those who dont please dont make nonsense comments or anything else. thank you!

Not more than 5 sentences only. I know this site can help!!!!

Gusto mo na malinaw na sagot?? eto...

Bago pa umunlad ang space science,
tinuturing ng mga tao na ang Biblia'y mitolohiya.(alamat)
Ngayon, pinatutunayan ng science na ang Biblia ay makasiyensiya at dinaig pa ang modernong science.
Maniwala sa Biblia!
Ang Banal na Biblia ay ang tanging aklat na magdadala satin sa kaligtasan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSawDiWV_80[/youtube]

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 08:09:37 am »
I humbly suggest that you abandon this kind of argument as a topic for research, time and time again people have engaged debates circling around it and in the end they all agreed to disagree; What happened was nothing but fruitless discussion as neither side was willing to give up, saka ano pa nga bang aasahan mo kung magkaibang method of reasoning lang din naman ang patak nyan - faith based at evidence based.

It is an unspoken rule of the internet na hindi na kelangang pagkumparahin ang dalawa kasi endless loop lang yan, madami lang kumakagat lalo na kung sa pilipinas mo i-bibring up yung topic since some of the people here are `religious`.

CokeZero

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • Im young money
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 08:26:56 am »
I humbly suggest that you abandon this kind of argument as a topic for research, time and time again people have engaged debates circling around it and in the end they all agreed to disagree; What happened was nothing but fruitless discussion as neither side was willing to give up, saka ano pa nga bang aasahan mo kung magkaibang method of reasoning lang din naman ang patak nyan - faith based at evidence based.

It is an unspoken rule of the internet na hindi na kelangang pagkumparahin ang dalawa kasi endless loop lang yan, madami lang kumakagat lalo na kung sa pilipinas mo i-bibring up yung topic since some of the people here are `religious`.

Im not asking for an argument as you can see above my explanations. And also that is not about the topic for research, Im asking for your opinions. just a simple opinion. Anyway, Thank you sa mga nag reply.

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 08:38:05 am »
Im not asking for an argument as you can see above my explanations. And also that is not about the topic for research, Im asking for your opinions. just a simple opinion. Anyway, Thank you sa mga nag reply.

I think you may have misunderstood me , I meant `taking up as an argument` , hindi `asking for an argument`; anyway, the topic does not make for good research  (di ko rin maisip kung pano mo maisisingit to na hindi sya magiging main topic bigla), binigyan na kita ng dahilan kung bakit ; Good luck!

badorski

• BeauTitiful
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 14
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 08:48:57 am »
this is a statement I read from a source I can't remember:

"If ever, just if ever, the world started all over. I'm sure we'll again have everything that science have discovered for us since the beginning. But will we still have the idea of two nudists and a talking snake starting civilization?"
E.xperience S.ome P.ain I.n Y.our A.ss

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 08:51:07 am »
Not saying the science is the "real deal" and can answer everything as of now. But it just doesn't make sense to make your world go around on a piece of literature.

Let me give an example.

Elvis is definitely one of the most iconic persons in history. His life has been well documented. He even has a number of books pertaining to his favorite foods' recipes. Recipes in my opinion should always be precise and detailed. It's just funny how the recipes on the said books vary from each other. Now consider applying that to a book that could have been passed down from to generation to generation, hundreds of years translations and revisions, plus the fact that the books in the Bible right now have been selected and some of them didn't make the cut. How's that for credibility?

This is not just specific to one religion. This I believe applies to others as well.

The Bible, if you actually follow some of the teachings in it, will be a good guide. But fact is there are a lot of verses there that doesn't make sense and involves murder etc.

A saying from Penn Jillette and it's pretty simple.

"If God asked you to kill your child, would you do it? If the answer is no, then, you're an atheist...
If the answer is yes, then please reconsider."

Just my 2 cents.

CokeZero

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • Im young money
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 08:53:35 am »
I think you may have misunderstood me , I meant `taking up as an argument` , hindi `asking for an argument`; anyway, the topic does not make for good research  (di ko rin maisip kung pano mo maisisingit to na hindi sya magiging main topic bigla), binigyan na kita ng dahilan kung bakit ; Good luck!

ok po sir. im in a hurry kasi dats y  i did not read carefully yung reply mo. anyway thanks. But im waiting some best opinion talaga. Kung sino po yung against dito wag na po mag reply please para walang problema

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 09:20:22 am »
ok po sir. im in a hurry kasi dats y  i did not read carefully yung reply mo. anyway thanks. But im waiting some best opinion talaga. Kung sino po yung against dito wag na po mag reply please para walang problema

Walang "best opinion" sir , saka hindi naman opinion habol mo pala sa topic kundi POLL kung Bible o Science ang paniniwalaan , pakiayos na lang ng title at pakilagay sa tamang board sana kung ayaw mong may magreply ng tunay na opinion. Good Luck.

SimpleMetry

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 230
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 09:31:08 am »
Not saying the science is the "real deal" and can answer everything as of now. But it just doesn't make sense to make your world go around on a piece of literature.

Let me give an example.

Elvis is definitely one of the most iconic persons in history. His life has been well documented. He even has a number of books pertaining to his favorite foods' recipes. Recipes in my opinion should always be precise and detailed. It's just funny how the recipes on the said books vary from each other. Now consider applying that to a book that could have been passed down from to generation to generation, hundreds of years translations and revisions, plus the fact that the books in the Bible right now have been selected and some of them didn't make the cut. How's that for credibility?

This is not just specific to one religion. This I believe applies to others as well.

The Bible, if you actually follow some of the teachings in it, will be a good guide. But fact is there are a lot of verses there that doesn't make sense and involves murder etc.

A saying from Penn Jillette and it's pretty simple.

"If God asked you to kill your child, would you do it? If the answer is no, then, you're an atheist...
If the answer is yes, then please reconsider."

Just my 2 cents.

Galing! ;D finger4u

jvoid88

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 2
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 09:54:33 am »
creates ENTIRE UNIVERSE in six days, on his own. produces autobiography over centuries, using ghost writers. seems legit smoking::

Pall-Eren-Mnr

• The Malevolence of Lust knows no bounds.
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • The Human Form of Chaos
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 10:04:33 am »
tama rin si maniac, this is one of those few topics that shouldn't be tackled unless your prof or that one that is going to mediate it is more open minded, be it on the science or bible side. you will encounter endless loops with this one. you want to see one of the loops ? here is one:

both the bible and science have terrible sides: the bible being so archaic (aka old) that the info is questionable due to certain beliefs were rampant at that time that it was deemed norm back then when the bible was made ("body for an eye" punishment is really questionable). science is dependent on evidences and theories that it hardly makes sense at all (we all came from monkeys but we can't even find the right link to that).

notice i'm never siding on any side. both sides have those inherent flaws that any bible thumper or science freak would use those reasons above and more to discredit one another and neither side gains a lead or so.
pick an evil and live with it till the end.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 10:10:34 am »
When you get to the heart of the matter, both the Bible and science are methods by which man attempts to understand and--where possible--to control the world around him. The approaches may differ in the broad strokes--one is based largely on faith while the other is founded largely upon evidence--but the intents and purposes are the same.

And it must be said that the two approaches--faith and reason--are neither contradictory nor mutually exclusive, contrary to what many continue to think. As an example, take note of the fact that many members of the Society of Jesus have made contributions (directly or otherwise) to such fields as astronomy, mathematics, and geography in line with their long-standing philosophy of seeing God in all things.

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

dweizz

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 35
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:22:30 am »
kapag mga ganitong topic, pumapasok na word sa akin ay tolerance... hindi man tayo agree sa maraming bagay pero kaya kitang pakisamahan

marteniko

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:05 am »
Yung Science nasa Bible yan. Yung Bible wala sa Science, meaning kaya may Science dahil may bible.

Sample - Nakalagay sa Bible: let there be light, water, life etc. lahat yan binanggit sa bible at part yan ng Science.

May words nang Light, water at life sa bible pero wala pang word na Science noon.
I only stop wiping when i barely see the brown line....

http://i45.tinypic.com/24ffx29.gif

CokeZero

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • Im young money
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 11:26:46 am »
Walang "best opinion" sir , saka hindi naman opinion habol mo pala sa topic kundi POLL kung Bible o Science ang paniniwalaan , pakiayos na lang ng title at pakilagay sa tamang board sana kung ayaw mong may magreply ng tunay na opinion. Good Luck.

::lmao

alucardver

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47
  • You Can Run,But You Can't Hide!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 11:36:29 am »
mag quit ka na brod, di matatapos discussion nyo dyan for sure both parties have their own ideas. and non of you e willing magpatalo. :) tatanda kayo na di yan matatapos. sa huli puro bakit ganito bakit ganun din ang mga lalabas na mga tanong. :o
pc problem? we have tutorial on to troubleshoot your PC here at:
http://pctekguru.blogspot.com

sajangnim

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • HAR-HAR-HAR
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 11:47:17 am »
The way many try to show God doesn't exist is simply by asserting it, but that's not proof. It isn't even evidence. Scientists sometimes get away with this by requiring that scientific law--natural law--must explain everything. If it can't explain a supernatural act or a supernatural Being then neither can exist. This is cheating, though.

Scientists haven't proven God doesn't exist; they've merely assumed it in many cases. They've foisted this truism on the public, and then operated from that point of view. They act as if they've really said something profound, when all they've done is given you an unjustified opinion.

CokeZero

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • Im young money
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 11:50:19 am »
cge quit na ako, mukhang may ma pipikon yata eh. sorry guys sa abala, to those who answered without murmuring I salute you and GODBLESS! and to those who reacts SALAMAT din sa advise!  ::lmao  ::lmao  ::lmao

marteniko

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 12:00:50 pm »

Anong kalokohan yan? Anong walang best opinion ang pinagsasasabi mo? Yung mga taong nagsasabi ng walang best opinion, yun  YUNG MGA TAONG TULAD MO NA HINDI MATANGGAP NA TAMA YUNG OPINION NG IBA. At dahil hindi kayang kontrahin ang tamang opinyon, magtatago sa pagsasabing "WALANG BEST OPINION". Ang totoo, hindi naman opinyon yan e. Yan ang totoo, kaya hindi pwedeng sabihing opinyon yan.
I only stop wiping when i barely see the brown line....

http://i45.tinypic.com/24ffx29.gif

UrAnus

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 12:09:11 pm »
Do what you think is right today and do it right tomorrow.

CokeZero

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • Im young money
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 12:14:43 pm »

Xtremist

• "PinoySpy gentleman"
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
  • comprende?
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 06:57:30 pm »
OT: Kung sana nung college nag Espiya na agad ako, sana mataas grades ko sa research! Amazing opinions and reactions. Iba talaga ang Espiya.