Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Usapang Rabies  (Read 18339 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Re: Usapang Rabies
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2013, 09:49:24 am »
one of the sad stories from San Lazaro:

Young man in his 20s walks in to San Lazaro for treatment of a DOG bite crying uncontrollably. They asked did he get bitten badly and if the pain was too much he was crying. He answered no, he was just  bitten in the arm and they saw the teeth marks and they were not that deep but enough to make him bleed. So they asked him why was he crying so much. He then reached for the bayong he brought with him that had flies and was dripping blood. They opened the bayong to see the head of a dead dog. Then he started to cry more and said: "He was my best friend!"

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2013, 10:15:58 am »
When you get dengue and the SYMPTOMS appear they can be treated and managed
When you get rabies and SYMPTOMS appear you die

im sorry sir pero ive seen a person who is dying of Rabies sa San Lazaro in person and im more afraid of rabies than getting mauled by a dog, it is a death sentence and there is no appeals procedure

And yet people die from dengue. Yes? And is it not a fact that dengue is more rampant than rabies? If so then its more likely to die from a mosquito bite. Correct?

Yes, rabies is scary. 100% mortality nga eh. Ang point ko lng. Ask your self first kung anung aso ba yung kumagat sayo. Ive met people na gumastos ng pagkalaki-laki for anti-rabies shots just because their "own" pet dogs somehow scratched them during play time. That to me sir is just plain stupid.

And your san lazaro story is sad indeed. If that dog wasnt rabid then its life was sacrificed for nothing. Just because the owner paniced. Poor dog.

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2013, 10:24:57 am »
And yet people die from dengue. Yes? And is it not a fact that dengue is more rampant than rabies? If so then its more likely to die from a mosquito bite. Correct?

Yes, rabies is scary. 100% mortality nga eh. Ang point ko lng. Ask your self first kung anung aso ba yung kumagat sayo. Ive met people na gumastos ng pagkalaki-laki for anti-rabies shots just because their "own" pet dogs somehow scratched them during play time. That to me sir is just plain stupid.

And your san lazaro story is sad indeed. If that dog wasnt rabid then its life was sacrificed for nothing. Just because the owner paniced. Poor dog.

yung statistics kasi ng Dengue to Rabies mortality is incomparable, madami factors kung bakit mas marami namamatay sa Dengue kesa sa Rabies, one is that DOGS dont fly(jesus u dont ever wanna see a flying dog foaming in the mouth) another is that dogs cant go everywhere mosquitoes go and mosquitoes cant be vaccinated for dengue

ay sorry bitin yung kwento, the dog was indeed a RABIES carrier nung inexamine yung utak, he was not showing symptoms like erratic behavior or foaming in the mouth

its not stupid to spend thousands of pesos to get shots kahit na pet yung nakakagat, dito nagaapply ang kasabihan ITS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAT SORRY

sir alam nyo ba kung pano namatay si FPS aka Fernando Poe Senior?

judewafu

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 7
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2013, 10:46:38 am »

YUN lang talga un BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. wala na kaming magagawa sa opinyon mo na plain stupid pa ung mga gustong maka SIGURADO. sabihin n naitn gagastos ka ng 8-9k sa private hospital base sa hospital na pinapasukan ko para ma kumpleto ung 5 shots with ATS na yan... pero me mga govt hospital naman na libre... di dapat pinang hihinayangan ung mga bagay na ganyan.... at di talaga ka compare compare ang dengue at rabies.....

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2013, 11:02:14 am »
yung statistics kasi ng Dengue to Rabies mortality is incomparable, madami factors kung bakit mas marami namamatay sa Dengue kesa sa Rabies, one is that DOGS dont fly(jesus u dont ever wanna see a flying dog foaming in the mouth) another is that dogs cant go everywhere mosquitoes go and mosquitoes cant be vaccinated for dengue

ay sorry bitin yung kwento, the dog was indeed a RABIES carrier nung inexamine yung utak, he was not showing symptoms like erratic behavior or foaming in the mouth

its not stupid to spend thousands of pesos to get shots kahit na pet yung nakakagat, dito nagaapply ang kasabihan ITS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAT SORRY

sir alam nyo ba kung pano namatay si FPS aka Fernando Poe Senior?

Isn't that exactly the reason why mosquito bites are more dangerous? Yet people brush it of like its nothing.  ::lmao

FPS died of Rabies?  ;D ;D

Sir, you do know how rabies is transmitted right? you do know that dogs get rabies the same way humans get it, trough bites. If a dog has literary no contact with a rabid animal (lives indoors/ in a closed compound and never goes out), is vaccinated and you know it yourself (your the owner/ you know the owner/there is proof of proper vaccination) then what is the basis of your fear? Paranoia?

Anyway, if having shots will give you peace of mind then go for it.   toast::

nenji

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2013, 10:58:10 pm »
as long that ur dog ( even pampered to death pa ) is not yet vaccinated, you don't have the assurance na safe ka... for your peace of mind's sake, pabakuna kana.  Besides, kaya nga sguro gumawa ng thread si TS kc aside from the curiosity, wala xang peace of mind if hayaan nya na lg or mag tak actions xa...

Zany J.

• Just Look In The EYE!!
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • we don't have a choice! kill! kill! kill!
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 12:18:26 pm »
Dalawang lalake nasa bingit ng kamatayan. Si lalake Huwan ay biktima ng dengue, Si lalake Tuh ay biktima naman ng rabies(nakagat ng aso, hindi naniguro, pinabayaan)

Heto ang kanilang mga huling sandali:

Lalake Huwan: Nay, Tay, Asawa ko, Mga anak ko, Espiya.net, paalam, mahal ko kayo.

Nag-iyakan silang lahat.

Lalake Tuh: Essssssssssssi sssssssssi hihi Piiiihhhhhhihihi Yaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaah.

Yah!

Ang kanyang mga kaanak, kaibigan, kapamilya at ka-espiya ay nasa kanya-kanyang normal na gawain sa pang araw-araw ng kanilang buhay. Huli na ng malaman nilang si Lalake Tuh ay pumanaw na.

DucTape

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2013, 08:41:37 am »
up ko lang tong thread. nakagat nanaman ako ng pusang gala ngayon lang. pero last june 2012 lang huling bakuna ko 4 shots at isang anti tetano. totoo bang 1 yr. ang itinatagal ng bakuna sa rabies? o kelangan ko mag pa bakuna ulit? o kaya monitor ko na lang yung pusa hanggang 12 days. pusa nga pala sa bahay ng barkada ko naka kagat.

TobleRONe

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 123
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2013, 06:13:09 pm »
up ko lang tong thread. nakagat nanaman ako ng pusang gala ngayon lang. pero last june 2012 lang huling bakuna ko 4 shots at isang anti tetano. totoo bang 1 yr. ang itinatagal ng bakuna sa rabies? o kelangan ko mag pa bakuna ulit? o kaya monitor ko na lang yung pusa hanggang 12 days. pusa nga pala sa bahay ng barkada ko naka kagat.

Ang sabi sa health center 1 year daw effective yung bakuna. kaya lang sa kaso mo, 11 months na, di na effective yung bakuna?

punta ka na lang ng center libre lang naman consultation para makasiguro.

DucTape

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2013, 08:09:03 pm »
yun lang.. gastos nanaman.. :(

wala na atang libre sa lying in.

pero sabi ng doctor na naka usap ko kagabi 3-5 yrs daw tumatagal?

pero para sure papa check up ko na lang sa lying in.

VeilSpy

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 28
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2013, 08:20:48 pm »
This thread is scary as shit.. just woke up.. had a dream that I was bitten by a stray dog sa paa ko.. then I opened my laptop and then boom.. I found myselfy replying to this thread..  smoking:: HAHA

Rabies is one scary shit.. I remember getting bit once by a domesticated dog when I was young,  manipis lang yung kagat sa paa as in daplis lang, although nagdugo.. ayun.. ni rub ko lang ng bawang at alcohol..  laffman::

better safe than sorry talaga  ;D