Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Need Help: GYM Supplements/Vitamins  (Read 40771 times)

mon

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
Re: Need Help: GYM Supplements/Vitamins
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 07:31:55 am »
thank you sa lahat ng info mga brad... sabi nga ng trainer ko e wag daw ako maxado conscious sa diet ko kasi nga payat pa ako at maliliit pa mga muscles ko..hehe kaya din ayaw niya ako muna mag abs kasi baka mgtodo diet ako at hindi magwork yung upper body ko.. as of now focus kami sa upper body ko pglumabas na tska na daw ako mag abs..hehe nakakatuwa lang dahil pa unti unti na cchange na yung lifestyle ko lalo na sa yosi ko..

sarap talaga mgwork out tanggal stress pa.. thanks sa mga info nio mga brad.. ngbabasa din ako pero as of now more on supplements ni reresearch ko e.. gusto ko muna kasi mag depend sa trainer ko  para hindi ako maxado mgalanganin sa pinapagawa niya sa akin.. kung may idagdag pa kayo na info para sa akin guys feel free..heheh tska nga pala nextweek mg whey prot na ako.. ok lng naman yun db? kaka 3weeks ko pa lng mg gym almost everyday...

nivek_nayr

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 19
  • jason bourne
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 09:18:58 am »
basta itaas mo lang calorie intake mo 3000to4000 a day then work out

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 09:52:25 am »
Just listen to your trainer. Thats the best advice right now. Kapag naging experienced kana and na gamay mo na katawan mo, with the right research pwede ka ng gumawa ng tweaks to improve your workout and diet.

CHILO20

• Abysmal Chef
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • You are the reason why i fight and live on.
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 10:49:25 am »
tama siya kung payat ka nga, enjoy mo lang life kumain ka lang ng kumain basta piliin mo din healthy foods.
pwede ka pa din mag abs once a week. .bayaan mo lang lumobo tiyan mo liliit din yan madali na lang paliitin yan

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 03:42:11 am »
huwag din mag-focus sa upper body

medyo tirahin mo din yung lower  para di ka magmukhang Johnny Bravo

malaki sa taas pero super payat ang paa

Turon

• The witness & the arbitrator of the scion.
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • My doctor told me not to dance again.
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2013, 04:01:30 am »
First of all,there's no such thing as "spot reduction" if you don't watch out your diet.
I see a lot of Broscience tips here but you still need to know basic things first. Your body type.
Ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph. If your target if to gain muscle BUT so much concern of your belly.Then I'm telling you now to quit. YOu can't have big SOLID full of mass muscle if you can't consume more calories needed for mass.Most of the time,you are always in a state called "calorie surplus" in which you eat until you feel bloated.If you want a beach body or lean ripped body,then you should watch out for your diet.They do have things in common though,consume food that are rich in protein.Supplements like whey are just there to 'add' to your protein intake,but you should concentrate in macrofoods.Which means 'real foods' like chicken,fish,beef and vegetables. The main key in lifting weights is the 'form' and not the volume.You risk your body if you work out your 'ego' than your body.

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 04:59:57 am »
First of all,there's no such thing as "spot reduction" if you don't watch out your diet.
I see a lot of Broscience tips here but you still need to know basic things first. Your body type.
Ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph. If your target if to gain muscle BUT so much concern of your belly.Then I'm telling you now to quit. YOu can't have big SOLID full of mass muscle if you can't consume more calories needed for mass.Most of the time,you are always in a state called "calorie surplus" in which you eat until you feel bloated.If you want a beach body or lean ripped body,then you should watch out for your diet.They do have things in common though,consume food that are rich in protein.Supplements like whey are just there to 'add' to your protein intake,but you should concentrate in macrofoods.Which means 'real foods' like chicken,fish,beef and vegetables. The main key in lifting weights is the 'form' and not the volume.You risk your body if you work out your 'ego' than your body.

Agreed and great job for summarizing the basics.  toast::

But i got lost here.. when in the thread "spot reduction" was asked? Lets not confuse the TS  toast::

Turon

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 05:19:07 am »
Agreed and great job for summarizing the basics.  toast::

But i got lost here.. when in the thread "spot reduction" was asked? Lets not confuse the TS  toast::

Yeah. I just thought of per-emptying since I saw one mentioned IF or intermittent fasting.Chances are that someone will suggest doing crunches and exercise that targets the core or abs to decrease the size of his belly,which is not suitable for TS.Not unless he's in a cutting phase,then he could try diff. diets out there (IF,Keto, leangains etc.)

toast::

Just enjoy bulking TS,eat more lift heavy (w/ proper form of course).But it is still recommended if you follow a specific program.There a tons a programs out there depending on your choice and workout frequency.But I'd recommend that you start with basic strengthening program like mark rippertoe's basic strengthening.It's much easier if you start on compound lifts such as squats,bench press,deadlifts,overhead press and barbell rows.Before you proceed on isolation execise which concentrates more on machines and dumbbells. As for the sleep,it is vital that you have at least 8 hours or more of uninterrupted sleep for your muscle development.Trust me.Di lumalaki ang muscle sa training lang,mas critical parin ang diet at tulog.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:29:38 am by Turon »

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 05:45:55 am »
Yeah. I just thought of per-emptying since I saw one mentioned IF or intermittent fasting.Chances are that someone will suggest doing crunches and exercise that targets the core or abs to decrease the size of his belly,which is not suitable for TS.Not unless he's in a cutting phase,then he could try diff. diets out there (IF,Keto, leangains etc.)

toast::

Lmao funny enough, I did mention to the TS that I do IF. But probably just to disclaim that I am not the best "non biased" person to ask about the schedule of his meals when working out. Thus deferring to other espiya experts out there with a more generic approach  ;D

And yes, agreed to the "spot reduction" concept.

Just enjoy bulking TS,eat more lift heavy (w/ proper form of course).But it is still recommended if you follow a specific program.There a tons a programs out there depending on your choice and workout frequency.But I'd recommend that you start with basic strengthening program like mark rippertoe's basic strengthening.It's much easier if you start on compound lifts such as squats,bench press,deadlifts,overhead press and barbell rows.Before you proceed on isolation execise which concentrates more on machines and dumbbells. As for the sleep,it is vital that you have at least 8 hours or more of uninterrupted sleep for your muscle development.Trust me.Di lumalaki ang muscle sa training lang,mas critical parin ang diet at tulog.

Agreed with this again, though I can only hope I get 8 hours sleep daily..  toast::

berting_02

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 07:07:46 am »
musclepharm... pero suggest ko natural.. yung mushrooms, chicken meat, and fish... 

mon

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 04:43:37 pm »
so no need for me to diet as much as i take the healthy food right? im doing basic program atleast one program a day.. uhm. im not yet familiar yet with the names of every work out i have i just follow what my trainer.

question: Normal lng ba sa three weeks ko parang hindi na masyado masakit yung arms, chest pati back ko.. yung 1st two weeks ko kc lalo na yung ika two weeks ko para magang maga yung mga kamay ko na ultimo hindi ko kayang istretch pero now parang ok na.. normal ba yun?

So sir turon i need to take more calories? i mean ayaw ko din kc na biglang laki ako yung tipong bouncer.. gusto ko lng lumaki ng konti then with a ripped muscle. my weight now is 66kg and 5'8.. mapapansin ko ba yung paglaki ko or unconscious ako nun? confuse ako sa body type ko..hehe parang in between of ecto and meso hnd nman ako payat hnd rin naman mataba average must i say. problema ko lng maliliit ata structure ng bone ko.. pasensya sa mga maraming tanong..hehe natutuwa lang talaga ako sa pag wowork out. at marami akong natutunan sa inyo.. :)

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2013, 09:12:23 pm »
Not going too deep by explaining why, but basically nasanay na yung katawan mo. So yes its normal.

Common misconception "Ayoko kasing lumaki tulad ng bouncer/bodybuilder".. Dude, before you get to that stage you will definitely know. Hindi yun surprise na pag gising mo ang laki mo na hehe. You might even quit gym or working out before that happens, as it takes years.

And yes tama si sir Turon, You need to be in a caloric surplus while bulking. Forget about leaning at this stage. You probably have to worry about it during Summer (pang beach body kumbaga) or after 1 year. But dont forget your macros (carbs, proteins and fats), as you still need to have a good balance of these while in caloric surplus mode. Hindi naman pwedeng 3000 calories ka pero puro fats lang or carbs. Establish a good number of grams of protein you need to take in daily and then I guess since beginner ka pa lang you can play around with the carbs and fats amount. Your trainer might be able to give you an idea on how much you should eat at this point.

Try to use dumbbells more instead of machines if you think manipis ang wrists mo.

mon

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2013, 12:12:30 am »
ok thanks again sir babtamisen.. :) so need pala sa akin yung diet2x bsta always balance lng ang food.. :) yun naman yung parati pinapagawa sa akin dumbbells and barbell.. yung machine ko yung pang lower chest yung para nakataas kamay ko tapos iccolse ko.. bsta yung naka upo..hehe hindi ko alam ano twag dun.. bsta usually ko na workout more dumbbells..

so mapapansin ko tlga yung pglaki ko.. akala ko kc hindi yun kasi sabi2x dito na magugulat daw ako sa paglaki..:) cguro  check ko na lng always weight ko.. salamat guys..

finger4u

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2013, 12:36:09 am »
I think pec-deck ata yang tinutukoy mo.

Weigh yourself and also if you want you can use a tape measure to check your chest, arms, waist and legs from time to time. At least ma-track mo ang progress mo.

Turon

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2013, 02:04:44 am »
Let's start with your height. If you follow the standard  Body mass Index 145 lbs or 66kg for 5'8 is still a bit under weight.But most bodybuilders don't follow a standard BMI coz those are only for average people who don't do bodybuilding.
It really depends on your goal.Since you want a medium ripped body with a good amount of muscle,you still need to bulk up.Just monitor your calorie by knowing your body.Because belly fats are excess calories that aren't consumed as energy aside from fats that you get from foods.

You can try different approach. get your TDEE to monitor your calorie if you are really concerned of getting fat. Use an IF calculator that can be found in the net,and it will give you an idea on how much fats,carbs and protein you need to consume.Ideally a more common approach is, more carbs less fats on workout days while more fats and less carbs on rest days.And you should always be high in protein daily. But it doesn't mean that you can eat a lot of fatty foods or eat tons of rice.Just balance them with great amount of protein foods (chicken breast,beef,fish,peanuts egg whites), fruits (like apples,pears,raspberries and banana) and more importantly green vegetables (broccoli, lettuce, cabbage and beans.)

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

I'm currently on cutting phase from 165 lbs down to 143 lbs at 5'6 since I focus more on ripping down to 15% body fat.
BUt unfortunately,genetics isn't on my side.Since I'm between meso and endo,I can't harness a full 6 pack abs.That's the reality.Genetics really play a major role in bodybuilding.Mesomorphs are lucky since they can cut body fat easily with ripped medium sized muscles or bulk up easily as well.As for ectomorphs, they can easily get lean but is hard to put on weight to get bigger.

As for avoiding pain on your forearms,try assistance exercise by doing light palm down and up wrist curls. Better yet take some fish oil.Best for nerve and joints.

Just don't overtrain.Because that's the common mistake that most people do in the gym. 1 to 1 and a half hour is enough per day during training.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:15:06 am by Turon »

CHILO20

• Abysmal Chef
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2013, 08:48:58 am »
haba na nang thread na to ah. .punuin natin nang mga comments para mas marami pa tayo maishare na knowledge. .
pwede na din 45 mins. workout - tama si turon dont overtrain. but do train harder everytime you go into the gym. .
follow your strict program. .be more explosive rather than adding up unnecessary reps. eat healthy, live healthy. .do your cardio on rest days, drink 8 glasses of water it aids in muscle regeneration. eat different foods

mon

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2013, 05:31:15 am »
hello guys.. kakatapos ko lang maggym.. nagback program ako kanina.. my funny moment lang ako kanina habang ngccardio ako kanina medyo nakita na sobrang pawis na pawis na ako lampas 15mins na ako pinatigil na ako kasi daw baka papayat ako lalo..hehe parang naisip ko talaga na need ko mag pataba literal..  :) sa lahat ng program ko pinaka masarap sa akin yung back kc na nonotice ko na na parang ayaw ko na mgkuba..

Turon

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2013, 05:51:01 am »
hello guys.. kakatapos ko lang maggym.. nagback program ako kanina.. my funny moment lang ako kanina habang ngccardio ako kanina medyo nakita na sobrang pawis na pawis na ako lampas 15mins na ako pinatigil na ako kasi daw baka papayat ako lalo..hehe parang naisip ko talaga na need ko mag pataba literal..  :) sa lahat ng program ko pinaka masarap sa akin yung back kc na nonotice ko na na parang ayaw ko na mgkuba..

If you really want to bulk up. You should not do cardio most of the time.You burn your muscles down when you do cardio.Most people might not believe this but most bodybuilders avoid getting too fat by having a proper measured diet.It's true. So if you want to put certain amount of muscle,put more emphasis on your food.And by not doing much cardio.

mon

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 07:29:51 am »
If you really want to bulk up. You should not do cardio most of the time.You burn your muscles down when you do cardio.Most people might not believe this but most bodybuilders avoid getting too fat by having a proper measured diet.It's true. So if you want to put certain amount of muscle,put more emphasis on your food.And by not doing much cardio.

ok sir turon.. thanks.. :)

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2013, 10:11:13 am »
Yeah bro try to minimize your cardio especially after workouts. Just do more legs and squats instead of spending that on the bike or treadmill! You will bulk up in no time.

mon

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2013, 08:40:54 am »
hello guys im back.. its been 3days na ako ngggym with whey pansin ko lng para ngdagdag yung lakat ko.. lalo na kanina parang big improvement talaga sa biceps program ko kc halos kinakaya ko na yung mga weights.. unlike lastweek na yung binubuhat ko na dumbbells i yung pang babae..hehe wala lang na tutuwa lang talga ako.. :) in just a month parang laki daw ng improvements ko unang lumabas sa akin yung chest ko talaga.. pero dati pa kc ngppush up sit ups na ako kaya cguro mabilis lng lumabas sa akin..

CHILO20

• Abysmal Chef
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2013, 10:54:41 am »
hello guys im back.. its been 3days na ako ngggym with whey pansin ko lng para ngdagdag yung lakat ko.. lalo na kanina parang big improvement talaga sa biceps program ko kc halos kinakaya ko na yung mga weights.. unlike lastweek na yung binubuhat ko na dumbbells i yung pang babae..hehe wala lang na tutuwa lang talga ako.. :) in just a month parang laki daw ng improvements ko unang lumabas sa akin yung chest ko talaga.. pero dati pa kc ngppush up sit ups na ako kaya cguro mabilis lng lumabas sa akin..

record mo sa log yung progress mo para alam mo kung nag plateau kana. .para maiba mo yung gagawin mo in the future. .plan ahead. practice mo yung form and intensity wag ka mag focus masyado sa weight and high reps. beginner ka pa lang eh. .pa spot ka kapag mag heavy. 

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2013, 10:59:43 am »
Great to hear that bro. Consistency is the key. Keep on progressing, rest and food.

mon

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2013, 01:14:20 pm »
hello.. pansin ko lng everyweek my na dadagdag o my na iiba sa program ko.. like sa bicep yung na dagdag na isa pero hnd ko pa kaya kahit yung weight is nasa 5lbs lng.. yung parang mgfflex ka ng both hands mo naka sideward bsta yung weight nasa baba ayun hnd ko pa kaya yun..hehe ok nman yung program ko marami nagsasabi na lumaki at nagka muscle na ako..hehehe pasesnya na hnd ko tlga alam yung mga program ko bsta kung ano lng pagawa ng trainer ko ginagawa ko lng hiya nman kc ako magtanong kc dami nia rin ginagawa e..hehe siguro this week magtatanong na talaga ako para incase absent o wala siya alam ko gagawin ko..

CHILO20

• Abysmal Chef
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 11:32:29 am »
tanung mo kung anung tawag at kung para saan. .para ikaw din sa sarili mo alam mo yung ginagawa mo. .hindi pwedeng habang buhay ka nalang magpapaturo dapat mag research ka ng mga gagawin mo brad in the future kung itutuloy mo as lifestyle and pagworkout