Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Ouch! Xbox 720 confirmed to be always online  (Read 14619 times)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: Ouch! Xbox 720 confirmed to be always online
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 02:57:10 am »
do you honestly believe that game devs wants players to experience online gaming? do you think they care? like they care..walang silang pakiilam kung maexperience mo o hindi..ang importante sa kanila sales and hindi ma-pirate yung game

YES! because i can return the game full refund if i didn't enjoy the game and so as other player(s) who didn't enjoy it

and they can't say "ohh this game is so cool! blah blah blah" gamers aren't stupid to buy games na hindi na review ng mga gaming magazine , forums , community , gamer who posted captured video and post it on youtube
( IGN and Machinima are perfect examples )

Feed backs from beta testers and game reviewers are important specially from the game forums there's always a thread that wanted to hear your feed back about the game or expansions you wanted to add "ideas" from consumers are important

@kenji_kulet
Server maintenance lasts 2 hours at the very least and could go on for more than 6 hours. Anyway the point is Microsoft, if the rumors are true and it seems it is since a lot of people in the industry are confirming it (maybe that is why they moved their reveal to next month, to re-evaluate their position about always online), will be forcing you to have an internet connection to play all your games. Not just multiplayer games, all of your games even single player games.

Online gaming is already in the current gen consoles, players have the choice of going online for multiplayer games/modes, the keyword is choice.

Also it is not the game devs who are forcing you to be always online since sony announced that their next gen console wont require you to be always online to play your games, so clearly it was a decision by microsoft not the game devs (again if the rumors are true).

we should not forget that xbox has a 50GB memory where you can store your downloaded games and can be upgraded to 250 or 500GB or simply plug in an external HDD from it's USB port

maybe the delay is about the next gen xbox capacity from 50GB  to 250GB or more we don't know and the bluray player they promise maybe taken out because of this diskless issue they have since Netflix are getting popular to american and other races or 'ethnicity' living here in the US including asians who subscribe to netflix

like i said since it was a diskless gaming platform , Ultra Violet technology can be used to watch movies since Microsoft has a market place like iTunes where you can download movies music and other applications

to be honest i can see the next consoles are turning into PC which hurt me because I'm playing most of games on PC
though i do have an old xbox which i rarely use just to watch movie on the living room , it hurts me in the way that i spend time and money building a computer , then a console gamer will say "i play that game and it has a nice graphics" and he only spends $500 on it

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:02:09 am by kenji_kulet »

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 03:36:58 am »
yes that's true di kasalanan ng SONY or XBOX or N64 kung mag-online games sila this is to combat against piracy di din hadlang ang server maintenance dahil madaming games na substitute 

the problems is may existing market na ang online games sa desktop na matagal ng nag-ooperate therefore may existing server na sila at client

SONY Xbox and N64 will gamble not only their game developer to create games for online they also need to invest a lot of servers, technician, spare parts for the server, a building that holds the server, and internet security for hackers and malwares

because wala ng piracy all the sales for their consoles will be dropped dramatically especially in the SEA region       

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 03:42:42 am »
yes that's true di kasalanan ng SONY or XBOX or N64 kung mag-online games sila this is to combat against piracy di din hadlang ang server maintenance dahil madaming games na substitute 

the problems is may existing market na ang online games sa desktop na matagal ng nag-ooperate therefore may existing server na sila at client

SONY Xbox and N64 will gamble not only their game developer to create games for online they also need to invest a lot of servers, technician, spare parts for the server, a building that holds the server, and internet security for hackers and malwares

because wala ng piracy all the sales for their consoles will be dropped dramatically especially in the SEA region       

Xbox you mean Microsoft right?

N64 you mean Nintendo right?

because N64 is

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 03:49:55 am »
ha ha ah ah ahha

may bad

yeah

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 03:57:16 am »
ha ha ah ah ahha

may bad

yeah

sensya na sir sa correction naguluhan kasi ako eh  :P

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 06:11:20 am »
maybe the delay is about the next gen xbox capacity from 50GB  to 250GB or more we don't know and the bluray player they promise maybe taken out because of this diskless issue they have since Netflix are getting popular to american and other races or 'ethnicity' living here in the US including asians who subscribe to netflix

like i said since it was a diskless gaming platform , Ultra Violet technology can be used to watch movies since Microsoft has a market place like iTunes where you can download movies music and other applications

It could be, but I doubt it would take Microsoft a month to change hard disk capacity, they still had a week or more before their initial reveal date to deal with the hard disk issue. I'm not that sure about the disc-less issue, if I recall correctly you still need the physical disc of the game (unless you bought your game digitally) to be in the drive to play your game. It won't read the disc during the game it is more of an authenticity check before starting your game.

It's really likely that Microsoft is considering their always online position and since it is, suppossedly, an integral part of their next gen console they need a month to think about it.

yes that's true di kasalanan ng SONY or XBOX or N64 kung mag-online games sila this is to combat against piracy di din hadlang ang server maintenance dahil madaming games na substitute.

Actually no, if Microsoft had a server maintenance none of your games would work in their next gen console, even digital downloaded games would not work if they push through with their always online stance.

It was already announced that Sony will not require you to be always online to play your games, unless of course it really needs an internet connection like online multiplayer mode.

Also being always online does little to prevent piracy, it has been tried before and it failed. Remember Assasins Creed 2 for the PC required you to be online to play the game and save your progress, if you lose your internet connection then you lose any progress you made after a checkpoint and you are not allowed to play the game until your connection is restored. It was still pirated and the only ones who suffered through that strict DRM were legit players since the pirated copy did not require an internet connection to play it.

icer

• Everyone worse than me is a noob, everyone better than me has no life.
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • Non nobis solum nati sumus
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 06:53:26 am »
Hehe maganda na ang debate ngayon ah? Pero seriously mga tol its already proven that an always online drm didn't stop piracy. Games like sims city, d3, ac3, etc... was still hack and pirated. Ang akin lang sana gayahin na lang nila ang ps3 which they put security checks to validate a game. Nahack lang naman ang ps3 because na leak ang private keys nito pero superslims and 3k models eh unhackable pa rin. Or di kaya online security check na lang imbes na always online buong paglalaro mo. Ang kinatatakot ko lang nito eh baka mahack rin ito sa huli ng mga hackers at yung mga legit na naman ang sasalo ng problema. We can't deny na maraming galit ngayon sa ginawang move na ito ng microsoft and People are even threatening to hack xbox live on the day na lalabas ang bagong console. Good luck sa xbox this gen pero bilib na talaga ako at bibili agad ako ng 720 if they can pull this off.
"Do, or do not... There is no try."

icer

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 07:08:33 am »
@juan pablo. Bullseye! You win 10,000 pesos!

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 07:13:59 am »
this issue is all about ECONOMICS

ok some games have been bootlegged but majority of players of said games are still the PAYING GAMERS, the ones playing the bootlegged versions are just a minority, sure DRM isnt perfect but at least its a step in the right direction TO PROTECT GAME DEVS, remember NO GAME DEVS = NO GAMES and remember GAMES are a work in progress, WE NEED PEOPLE TO BE WORKING TO MAKE GAMES BETTER and WORK WELL like that SIM CITY incident, months later it has been improved so has DIABLO 3 and that WORK requires money(Economics)

i hope we can just be honest about the reason why we feel an always online connection and download only/discless gaming set up is bad, the honest to goodness truth... (Economics)

if the Internet we use was free would we react the way we are now?(Economics)

if the games were free but always online(like the free to play games we have for PCs) ganito din kaya reaction natin(Economics)  ::)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 03:46:48 pm »
It could be, but I doubt it would take Microsoft a month to change hard disk capacity, they still had a week or more before their initial reveal date to deal with the hard disk issue. I'm not that sure about the disc-less issue, if I recall correctly you still need the physical disc of the game (unless you bought your game digitally) to be in the drive to play your game. It won't read the disc during the game it is more of an authenticity check before starting your game.

It's really likely that Microsoft is considering their always online position and since it is, suppossedly, an integral part of their next gen console they need a month to think about it.

yes! you need a CD to play...not just for authenticity yun syempre , each new game or new copy you buy there's a special CD-key which enable you to Download some add-on to the game or special weapon , armor , level etc depending on a game your playing

and that game will register on your xbox live ID, all your games are being register on your xbox live ID for you to see how many achievements you accomplish , how many game score you have and how many percent game play you reach

and the special cd-key is one time registration syempre , so even if you buy a pre-used game or borrow a game since the copy you have is being authenticated on someone's xbox live id... you will lose there special privilege ang matitira nalang sayo is basic single player mode and basic multiplayer mode

so it sucks just to have that special privilege kelangan mo pa bumili ng microsoft points and each $20 contains 1600 microsoft points and each add-on cost 800 microsoft points ,where you can get it for free if you buy a new copy

and that HDD capacity in my own opinion , i think they will go for bigger capacity since game add-on are so popular to diehard gamer like example (mass effect , battlefield 3) have lots of add ons and HDD are getting cheap because SSD's are getting popular
to PC builders

Pero seriously mga tol its already proven that an always online drm didn't stop piracy. Games like sims city, d3, ac3, etc... was still hack and pirated.

because game devs still release hard copy for PC , XBOX and PlayStation kaya may piracy parin ng games and the next xbox will not allow you to play your old xbox 360 games

icer

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 11:50:05 pm »
@kenji_kulit Actually hard copies, digital copies, psn and xbox live games, dlc's, online pass were pirated. Kaya medyo malabo pa rin sa akin on how they would be able to make this work.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2013, 02:09:18 am »
@kenji_kulit Actually hard copies, digital copies, psn and xbox live games, dlc's, online pass were pirated. Kaya medyo malabo pa rin sa akin on how they would be able to make this work.

Digital Copies ,digital pass and DLC's??  :o really? ang alam ko it's link to your Gamer Tag even if it's in xbox , psn or PC

and digital copies have serial keys too as far as I know

kapag totoo yang sinabi mo then , ano pa silbi ng steam at origin? if anyone can get a copy of digital copies and DLC

lalo na digital pass you must be that real good to type those special numbers and letters in order  smoking::
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:14:01 am by kenji_kulet »

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2013, 02:30:28 am »
Actually no, if Microsoft had a server maintenance none of your games would work in their next gen console, even digital downloaded games would not work if they push through with their always online stance.

It was already announced that Sony will not require you to be always online to play your games, unless of course it really needs an internet connection like online multiplayer mode.

Also being always online does little to prevent piracy, it has been tried before and it failed. Remember Assasins Creed 2 for the PC required you to be online to play the game and save your progress, if you lose your internet connection then you lose any progress you made after a checkpoint and you are not allowed to play the game until your connection is restored. It was still pirated and the only ones who suffered through that strict DRM were legit players since the pirated copy did not require an internet connection to play it.

internet connection

sa pinas lang naman mabagal internet connection kaysa sabi ko baba ang sales nila sa SEA region we still use cat 5e cables in the philippines sa ibang bansa 1GB na ang internet connection nila some use cat 6 cable or fiber optics

piracy and hacking kaya nga sinabi ko na mag-gagamble sila dahil sa mga additonal expenses hiring technician and et al

icer

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2013, 04:08:46 am »
Digital Copies ,digital pass and DLC's??  :o really? ang alam ko it's link to your Gamer Tag even if it's in xbox , psn or PC

kapag totoo yang sinabi mo then , ano pa silbi ng steam at origin? if anyone can get a copy of digital copies and DLC

lalo na digital pass you must be that real good to type those special numbers and letters in order  smoking::
yes what I said is true. Sa ps3 as far as I know may tinatawag sila na reactpsn which hacks every psn downloads and unlocks it for you. Mapa dlc man yun or online pass. Sorry sa xbox di ko na matandaan kung ano yung hack na ginagamit nila. Well good news guys. Its seems like microsoft won't require an always online drm afterall. Hanapin ko lang yung link tapos add ko agad dito.

icer

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2013, 04:17:02 am »
http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/ I hope that this will be the final product.

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 04:41:37 am »
FYI: Adam Orth(the one who Tweeted about always online) is no longer working for Microsoft

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 04:49:59 am »
FYI: Adam Orth(the one who Tweeted about always online) is no longer working for Microsoft

yeah heard that he got his ass kick after those tweets  ::lmao

yes what I said is true. Sa ps3 as far as I know may tinatawag sila na reactpsn which hacks every psn downloads and unlocks it for you. Mapa dlc man yun or online pass. Sorry sa xbox di ko na matandaan kung ano yung hack na ginagamit nila. Well good news guys. Its seems like microsoft won't require an always online drm afterall. Hanapin ko lang yung link tapos add ko agad dito.

so kung may gumagawa noon? some players are enjoying the game online without even paying? sa xbox live kasi every gamer tag has a history what games are you playing pag nag login ka sa website ng xbox makikita mo doon lahat

so if i have a PS3 i'll get a hack game with dlc's on it ,go to psn which is for free then play the whole game with other players without paying a single cents? paano kumikita sony kung lahat ng player nila ganito ang sistema?

icer

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 05:39:52 am »
This is the sad truth. Once you jailbreak your console you can just download everything on the fly. Dlc's, psn games, ps3 games, online pass. Pero don't worry about it because busy ngayon sony sa pagbaban. Thats why I don't encourage people to jb their ps3 or vita at baka ma ban sila.

icer

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 05:59:21 am »
Good news naman tayo. May bagong batman! http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/batman-arkham-origins-announced day 1 buy for me.

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 06:03:59 am »
This is the sad truth. Once you jailbreak your console you can just download everything on the fly. Dlc's, psn games, ps3 games, online pass. Pero don't worry about it because busy ngayon sony sa pagbaban. Thats why I don't encourage people to jb their ps3 or vita at baka ma ban sila.

ano ba reason why people JAILBREAK/Hack devices? to get APPS and GAMES for free na otherwise kailangan bilin, as i said in my threads ECONOMICs

those who are against the concept of always online are gamers who:

1) Cant afford Games, but are willing if games were cheaper
2) Cant afford proper Internet Connection
3) have no access to proper Internet or the only service offered where they are may be too slow
4) Simply Don't want to buy games because they rely too much on Bootlegging/Piracy and believe there is nothing wrong in stealing other people's hard earned work

GAMING is EVOLVING, much like every other technology in the world and sad to say NAIWANAN na ang Pinas ng because SONY, MS, Nintendo and other companies wont see a LOSS IN INCOME in countries they dont support because these countries openly accept Piracy and have no laws in

if you think about it the Philippines is NOT PART of the BOTTOM LINE if the Gaming Divisions of those companies, if WALANG BUMILI ng PS4, XBOX720, Nintendo Wii U, PSVita or 3DS there will be NO SIGNIFICANT LOSS for the companies who make the consoles and games, the fact there is no official support and weve never had Launch Events simply means our gaming community is insignificant to them and whos fault is that?

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 06:20:21 am »
internet connection

sa pinas lang naman mabagal internet connection kaysa sabi ko baba ang sales nila sa SEA region we still use cat 5e cables in the philippines sa ibang bansa 1GB na ang internet connection nila some use cat 6 cable or fiber optics

piracy and hacking kaya nga sinabi ko na mag-gagamble sila dahil sa mga additonal expenses hiring technician and et al

How does this relate to the statement you quoted me from? If Microsoft is planning to use their always online feature to authenticate games internet speed would not matter that much since after authenticating your game you can play it as long as your internet connection does not drop, as in disconnected not speed wise.

this issue is all about ECONOMICS

ok some games have been bootlegged but majority of players of said games are still the PAYING GAMERS, the ones playing the bootlegged versions are just a minority, sure DRM isnt perfect but at least its a step in the right direction TO PROTECT GAME DEVS, remember NO GAME DEVS = NO GAMES and remember GAMES are a work in progress, WE NEED PEOPLE TO BE WORKING TO MAKE GAMES BETTER and WORK WELL like that SIM CITY incident, months later it has been improved so has DIABLO 3 and that WORK requires money(Economics)

i hope we can just be honest about the reason why we feel an always online connection and download only/discless gaming set up is bad, the honest to goodness truth... (Economics)

if the Internet we use was free would we react the way we are now?(Economics)

if the games were free but always online(like the free to play games we have for PCs) ganito din kaya reaction natin(Economics)  ::)

I tried to search for it but I did not find any stat that proves that majority of players are paying customers (with regards to the ratio of players playing a pirated copy of that game), if you have one can you please link to it?

I think Sim City has already been hacked so you can play it offline and add features that were not enabled yet, so again if it is true the only ones who suffered are legit customers.

Of course though if it is a free game logic dictates that you don't have the right to complain if it does require you to be always online or whatever else it requires to let you play the game for free, but majority of those games are MMO's if not all of them. The point is it is free, while Microsoft will be restricting your use of a game you have paid for by requiring you to be always online.

Yes DLC's have been hacked for a long time now, not sure about the PS3 but I am sure about Xbox 360 and specially on PC.

Digital Passes though I'm not that sure, maybe there is a kind of keygen that generates codes and you might get lucky if it isn't redeemed yet.

I don't think you can go online legitimately with those hacked DLC's though.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 06:22:05 am »

idk , di ako convince about this method like i said each platform have gamer tags kaya malabo to play it for free with full credits like a premium users

and ang alam ko sa term na jailbreaking is a method of using 3rd party apps which are for free...jailbreak apps are usually apps that are not registerd to itunes

sa CF nga lang diba? nag loloko yung original serial keys pag masyado na kayo marami gumagamit?

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 06:28:11 am »
YES people who pirate/bootleg Movies, Music and Games will participate in statistical studies to determine the ratio of Paying Gamers Vs Free Play gamers Vs Pirates/Bootleggers

>.<

icer

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 06:36:19 am »
idk , di ako convince about this method like i said each platform have gamer tags kaya malabo to play it for free with full credits like a premium users

and ang alam ko sa term na jailbreaking is a method of using 3rd party apps which are for free...jailbreak apps are usually apps that are not registerd to itunes

sa CF nga lang diba? nag loloko yung original serial keys pag masyado na kayo marami gumagamit?
Believe me tol and I'm not making this up. Everything can be downloaded and use for free using this reactpsn. They can even download stuff using their pc and it will be in .pkg form which they can install directly on their ps3.

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 06:47:22 am »
YES people who pirate/bootleg Movies, Music and Games will participate in statistical studies to determine the ratio of Paying Gamers Vs Free Play gamers Vs Pirates/Bootleggers

>.<

Exactly, so where have you gotten your "ok some games have been bootlegged but majority of players of said games are still the PAYING GAMERS, the ones playing the bootlegged versions are just a minority"?

They get away with it because they refuse to go online so Sony and Microsoft can not check if their games are legit.

You are right, the original intent of Jailbreaking was to add features/apps that were not available originally on their devices but it has also been used to put pirated apps to your device.