Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Surrogacy or surrogate mother? Have you tried hiring one or be one?  (Read 1645 times)

mambabasa

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 21
I need your opinion:

Sa tingin Nyo is it ethical to hire a surrogate Kung Hindi mo tlga kaya mag buntis? Or kaya ng egg cell mo pero yung matris mo ay Ayaw naman?

Would you rather hire someone to carry your baby? This is for heterosexual couples only.

What's your view on surrogate motherhood? Do you accept it? If yes or no please explain. I'll be using this for my study. Thanks

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
umm, I really can't tell my stand to this . I just thought I can ask any relatives on a free will OR I can grow roses instead (if i CAN'T have a child) but of course it's easy for me to say that, coz am not dealing with the situation myself.

I guess adoptive moms/woman do that. And it's an amazing, amazing gift to give someone who can't carry a child, I'm not denying that. I would like to think I could, but carrying a baby is really intimate.

Some people say they'd rather carry a baby with no biological tie to them than donate an egg and let go of a genetic link like that. And most surrogates get paid. I't's an individual thing.

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
Here's my take: I kinda agree with sis FerminaDaza that it depends on the individual. Ethics is always subjective and is shaped by your environment. Just take the Jehovah's Witness folks who still generally reject blood transfusion, pero to others, parang if you need it, why not?

So it's best to discuss with your husband/wife. In the end, it's the both of you to decide. There will be people who will support you, but prepare yourselves for those who won't. Unless you're not on good terms with your parents and siblings, it may also be a good idea to get their take on this.

Yan ung ethics side. But there's also another side about safety. Hindi pa 'to mainstream sa Pinas so you may want to do it in another country where the practice is regulated by the government at marami nang experts na pagpipilian. You don't want to wait until the child grows up then saka nyo malalaman na there was a mixup or nacontaminate ung sperm hence hindi nyo biological son or daughter ung bata...